Official Team Thread Gold City Royals - Season 19 Best 'n' Fairest Last Night (Why Marlowe, Why?)

Remove this Banner Ad

1 : 24.47 {rW} - bgt2110 FROM THE HEAVENS. What a hanger.

Moorcroft_-_2001_mark.jpg
I'm not one for highlighting any of my passages of play from the thread but this was the immediate image that came to my mind when i read it :)

That was brilliant Royals. 2-1 and on the right path to finals... some of you do know what they are.
I'm a Bulldogs supporter and I play for the Royals.

What in the blue hell is a final?

It's an outrage. After what you did to get it.

Yes, exactly. [shifty eyes]

I'm a Bulldogs supporter and I play for the Royals.

What in the blue hell is a final?

I give this post a 7/10 because a) the Bulldogs were playing prelims like five years ago and b) your captain is a Melbourne supporter.

[replace 'battle' with 'final']

Firstly, I'll try and get a review of round 2 and 3 up in the next couple of days... 2 hard fought victories were exceptional.

We have the Wonders match thread up now and it'll be vastly different to the abomination of the previous thread... The Wonders actually have some decent players in their midst, despite what their on field record indicates.

Jump in and give it your best.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-wonders-at-the-throne.1089244/#post-37266271

For those new players in Blacky and bgt2110, we actually lost to the Wonders the last time we met, but a re-sim was called for after an incorrect side was named and arro73 was denied his debut. The subsequent re-sim saw the Royals victorious.

The first team we ever beat were the Wonders. They were dicks then, they are still sort of dicks now. We haven't lost to them in over a year. Not many teams have. I would like to keep it that way.

If we win this week we will be two games over .500 for the first time ever.

Another team that thought they had us beat.

We fought back, we never gave up, we rose to the challenge.

Superb team effort. Loved everybody chipping in with goals and not just putting all the pressure on me.

Once again the weather in Gold City has not let me down. A little cloudy but brilliant conditions for high quality qooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both the Bears and Wonders are now 0-4. And while, as much as I know I should have sympathy for those poor souls, humility be damned. . . I can't help that schadenfreude has set in and I find this all just so beautiful and fulfilling to finally see there are clubs worse than us. :cool:

ROYALS - For What It's Worth

There's something happening here
But what it is ain't exactly clear
There's a team full of guns over there
They are Royals opponents beware

The Royals Rock
Gold City what's that sound?
All opponents are going down.

There's battle lines being drawn
Son of God is Right and Frankston Rover is wrong
The Royals are speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind

The Royals Rock

All opponents feel the heat
At The Throne we are so hard to beat
Supporters sing songs and carry their signs
Everyone saying, "hooray for our side"

The Royals Rock

Paranoia strikes deep
Into our opponents it will creep
It starts when they're five goals ahead.
Then The Royals storm home and put them to bed.

The Royals Rock

The Royals Rock

The Royals Rock

The Royals Rock

Last edited:
Here we go guys, finals are now a distinct possibility. You've all been great in the match threads and it's finally transformed to on field success.

I'll do my reviews of rounds 2-4 some time next week, and hopefully Speck has the stats up by then. :p

Go Royals.:thumbsu:

Speaking of which, bgt2110 are you happy on the wing or do you want to grab a rover spot? You definitely deserve it if you want it.

I'm honestly happy to play anywhere on the ground, have never had this many laughs on a Sunday night in a long time. Really enjoying being a part of the Royals, so glad i chose this team to join.

Dragons and Bandits both lost; we are now top-four, which is a first. :)

Also, the Wonders, Warriors and Dragons all lost this week and we now sit above all three on the ladder for the first time. Can we end the season here? No? Oh. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back