Official Team Thread Gold City Royals - Season 19 Best 'n' Fairest Last Night (Why Marlowe, Why?)

Four more points closer to those finals I keep hearing so much about.

You can lock it in mate. I'm feeling the fire this season. The flogs are really giving me the shits and I'm going to put them all in their place.

Some good games coming up this week with most teams in the top 8 coming up against each other. Looks like percentage is going to be very important and that is something we can hopefully improve.

Hard to believe that a team could be 0-8, what are the chances of that happening in a random simmed competition.

Sensational victory Royals, but the hard work starts now. We need to put the Wolves away to open a three game buffer on the sides outside the 8.

Win next week and we're almost assured of a spot in the finals. Big game coming up and it also coincides with Dirty Bird's 50th game.

Wise Guy Sam

Premium Platinum
Dec 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Galactic Empire
Sensational victory Royals, but the hard work starts now. We need to put the Wolves away to open a three game buffer on the sides outside the 8.

Win next week and we're almost assured of a spot in the finals. Big game coming up and it also coincides with Dirty Bird's 50th game.

Get around the Dirty Bird

Great stuff Royals, I was comforted by our slow start against the bears.

Royals career stats

2z3weug.jpg

Do we have a decent record against the Wolves ?

Probably our most important game so far this season.

We have a poor record against the Gumbies. We are, so far, undefeated against the Wolves. ;)

Wise Guy Sam

Premium Platinum
Dec 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Galactic Empire
Can I play HFF this week and going forward. Or even HBF.

I need a new position as I'm a liability up forward playing the decoy role of Easty from last season.

Can I play HFF this week and going forward. Or even HBF.

I need a new position as I'm a liability up forward playing the decoy role of Easty from last season.
I can't see how that would be a problem.

We have waited a week and a couple of extra days just to get back the reassurance we are still, yes in fact, fifth on the ladder. Talk about anti-climatic. Actually, let's not talk about that, this isn't my therapist's office.

Barring a Royals-esque period of despair, we should play finals. However, the disparity between the really good teams this season and the really bad is such, that even though we're on track for our best ever season (!), we're going to need a lot of good fortune if we want to finish top-four and get a double chance*. The two teams directly above us both won, and thanks to the 50-point loss to the Dragons, which I'm still blaming on [pick a name], our percentage places us at a distinct disadvantage.

Eleven goals, nineteen does not help that either. A thirty-something point win when had nineteen extra scoring shots is just terrible. Come on, people. How many times do I need to tell you: you flush after the games, never before. How do you think we keep the Thrones so dry for gamedays?

Anyway. I have never been prouder to be a Royal. [hugs]

*this is where I freely admit I have, never, not once in my three-plus-something seasons, read how the final system works in this league. I just assume it's like the AFL?

I'll so some:

Our accuracy is poor.
Im posting more.
Timtam is likely to be still be in a relationship based on his posting stats.

:)
I'm still pulling my weight!

Yeah, your just not pulling mine anymore so I'm forced to. :p

There is a dick joke here somewhere.
I'm sorry but I'm pulling someone else's as well now.

Can't let this slip off the front page :p

We're still very much in the hunt for finals, and right now I'll be surprised if we don't get there.

And starting from now I have a job, which ironically means that I will hopefully be able to post a bit more :D Let's get stuck into the Furies this week and show them what the Royals are about.

And also win. That's important too.

Back