Gold Coast footy slang, colloquialisms and personalities

Remove this Banner Ad

The Horseshoe
I really like this one. The only issue it may have is the fact that the Giants' stadium is in a similar horseshoe shape. However, their stadium is weirdly shaped given it was once a baseball ground where as Metricon is a much smoother design.

StadiumAerial.jpg

MainArena_1.jpg

I love the Gunners and the guitar solo at the start of gams. Gets me pumped that's for sure.

Imagine next time Slash is in the country, get him to do a different solo live the start of every quarter!

Alternatively a fitting song might be Metallica - House that Jack Built, it's about 20 yrs old? Jack Martin connection....

I love the Gunners and the guitar solo at the start of gams. Gets me pumped that's for sure.

Imagine next time Slash is in the country, get him to do a different solo live the start of every quarter!

Alternatively a fitting song might be Metallica - House that Jack Built, it's about 20 yrs old? Jack Martin connection....

You're just proving my point, 'nova.

Carrara, Italy (spelt and pronounced the same way) is famous for producing white marble. Therefore, I propose Metricon should be nicknamed The White Marble. Are you with me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I've read, after the Commonwealth Games, the official 'non sponsored' name will be Gold Coast Stadium, and not Carrara Stadium. If Metricon Stadium weren't to renew their least on the name, and it became something else (RACQ Stadium or something), I think people would eventually just revert to its non-sponsor name - Carrara or Gold Coast Stadium.

Similar to ANZ Stadium still being called Stadium Australia, Etihad being called Docklands, or Patersons being called Subi.

Don't be dumb

Our stadium is not a dome :p
I bloody hope if Carrara gets a new sponsorship naming deal that it's not something stupid like Cbus Super Stadium.

I like Etihad Stadium, and I like Metricon Stadium. Cbus Super is lame.

Im all for naming rights of a stadium but feel they should be left to one word of the company name

Good: Metricon Stadium - Etihad Stadium - Cbus stadium

Bad: Cbus super stadium - Metricon homes stadium - Etihad airways stadium
maxiafter.jpg

you forgot 1300smiles stadium - isnt that the Cowboys one up north?
I completely forgot about that one. So cringeworthy.

I didn't mind Dairy Farmers Stadium though - I thought that was a good name and was representative of N. QLD.

I completely forgot about that one. So cringeworthy.

I didn't mind Dairy Farmers Stadium though - I thought that was a good name and was representative of N. QLD.
Plus, It had history. It was Dairy Farmers Stadium ever since I was a wee lad up until now.

From what I've read, after the Commonwealth Games, the official 'non sponsored' name will be Gold Coast Stadium, and not Carrara Stadium. If Metricon Stadium weren't to renew their least on the name, and it became something else (RACQ Stadium or something), I think people would eventually just revert to its non-sponsor name - Carrara or Gold Coast Stadium.

Similar to ANZ Stadium still being called Stadium Australia, Etihad being called Docklands, or Patersons being called Subi.
There was a time...

avw9zfQ.jpg

I don't think it'll be referred to as Gold Coast Stadium ever again just simply because there is a second stadium on the Gold Coast these days. I'd be shocked if they didn't get another stadium sponsor next year if for no other reason than it being in the Suns' best interests financially. I would have thought being the major sponsor of a stadium during the Commonwealth Games would be beneficially as well...

kick it to gary, kick it to gary, kick it to gary.

Give gary a kick, give gary a kick. give gary a kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back