Gold Coast Suns - ASADA investigation of Dank, Bock & Robinson.

Remove this Banner Ad

t_ontour

Team Captain
Feb 13, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Just because apparently the last thread was more of a scandal topic rather than a Drugs in Sport Related Topic... So to keep this on topic...

How is it so that Dank has been given a life sentance for charges relating to the Gold Coast Suns, and we know as fact that Dean Robinon bought and supplied this drug to Bock and that he self injected it... yet neither Bock or Robinson have been followed up by ASADA.

After all the rants, outrage and grandstanding on these threads and in the media about players cheating the system, bringing the game into disrupt, governance failings etc... why are we not holding ASADA, the AFL and Gold Coast Suns to the same level of outrage as we do for Essendon and why havent ASADA issued Bock or the NRL players with SCN

Probably make sense now why Dank threw Robinson under the bus... afterall he is yet to face the music for any of his actions at Gold Coast or Essendon and clearly a support staff providing CJC to a player is exactly that .

• Banned
BTW.... lets not talk about any rec drugs as thats not for this Drugs in Sport board... this is just about performance enhancing of course as the two are not linked in anyway.

• Banned
Doesn't fit the narrative if Hird wasn't involved
Come'on man... why would you be like that... Im sure that the people on this board will look at it objectively and ask the question why? We know its not all about Hird... or is it?

Just because apparently the last thread was more of a scandal topic rather than a Drugs in Sport Related Topic... So to keep this on topic...

How is it so that Dank has been given a life sentance for charges relating to the Gold Coast Suns, and we know as fact that Dean Robinon bought and supplied this drug to Bock and that he self injected it... yet neither Bock or Robinson have been followed up by ASADA.

After all the rants, outrage and grandstanding on these threads and in the media about players cheating the system, bringing the game into disrupt, governance failings etc... why are we not holding ASADA, the AFL and Gold Coast Suns to the same level of outrage as we do for Essendon and why havent ASADA issued Bock or the NRL players with SCN

Probably make sense now why Dank threw Robinson under the bus... afterall he is yet to face the music for any of his actions at Gold Coast or Essendon and clearly a support staff providing CJC to a player is exactly that .
I too pondered this question,and after several clear thinking days actually placed a call to ASADA.
Thier answer was quite honest and reasonable.
Thank you for your enquiry,we are currently overloaded with another case at this time,but when we eventually get to finish,we may move onto other matter's.

I too pondered this question,and after several clear thinking days actually placed a call to ASADA.
Thank you for your enquiry,we are currently overloaded with another case at this time,but when we eventually get to finish,we may move onto other matter's.
Fortunately that case has finished for asada

Absolutely this should be pursued, but if you're implying that there's an equivalence between an individual perpetrator (Bock) and a club-wide supplements program (EFC) you're kidding yourself.
This isnt about Essendon!!!!

There is a club that is set-up, funded and managed by the AFL to the tune of 100Mil, funds that all clubs and supporters are contributing too... yet we dont seem to be interested in investigating their governance failings in anyway.

I can understand the AFL not wanting to dig deep, just like they are doing with other drug issues at that club... however that doesnt stop ASADA from doing their job, or the media chasing this with thirst like they loved so much to do...

Lol at the Essendon Kool Aiders ... You rubbished us now go rubbish GC and Bock and leave us alone .... All of you ..

Seriously you think that is true... each and every case is seperate. Perhaps the Aussie swimmers knew that they could go mad on drugs for two years as ASADA was busy with Essendon and Essendon only...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now everyone at Asada is spending their time covering their own arses as they all know they're about to lose their jobs after wada established they stuffed up the un-loseable
I get the sense they are busy chasing 2 other confirmed drug cheats in our sport... case in point they can look at two cases at the same time.

Seriously you think that is true... each and every case is seperate. Perhaps the Aussie swimmers knew that they could go mad on drugs for two years as ASADA was busy with Essendon and Essendon only...
Sorry,i was fishing with no bait at all.
Forget the GCS and lets see an end to the EFC case.It's still the biggest story in town.

And now ... A very special request for t_ontour and friends ...

"Why Is Everybody Always Picking On Me?"

Two great contributions from Ceanag... clearly shows your understanding of this topic...

Wouldnt expect you to also know that the CEO who employed Dank and Robinson to the GCS... has been rewarded for his great efforts on an off field with a job on the AFL exec.

Is not there a k hunt thread already?
Please try to stay on topic... this is about Hunt, Robinson, Dank and the Governance failings of the AFL and GCS

With your thinking... perhaps we should combine all threads that mention or relate to Hird...

How do we know they haven't been looking at Bock? You wouldn't expect ASADA to come out and say that they are looking at a specific player before they are ready to charge him, would you? As has been suggested, they have been pretty busy lately and these things take time in the absence of positive test. I think I read the other day that tests for stuff like TB4 and CJC aren't all that far off though, so won't it be interesting when that day arrives.

How do we know they haven't been looking at Bock? You wouldn't expect ASADA to come out and say that they are looking at a specific player before they are ready to charge him, would you? As has been suggested, they have been pretty busy lately and these things take time in the absence of positive test. I think I read the other day that tests for stuff like TB4 and CJC aren't all that far off though, so won't it be interesting when that day arrives.
ASADA has investigated this... just havent quite come around to finishing the investigation almost 3 years after it started. Bock has been investigated and it was found that Robinson purchased CJC for Bock.. gave it to Bock for $800 and Bock self injected himself. How can ASADA then just let it drift...

Same has applied to the NRL players who didnt take a deal.. ASADA has never followed up on these players since this time and they are free to play in any competition.

This is about dotting the i's and crossing the t's... doesnt require any further investigation as its a done deal and no suprise Bock has since retired.

OP whats your favourite cheese?
I'm staving and really want to make a sandwich, although I stuck at the supermarket still undecided what cheese to get. I'm thinking something like this...

melted-cheese-daily.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back