Gold Coast Suns rising stars 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone briefly explain how the winner is selected? Is it basically 23 nominees and the one with the best form wins at the end of the year?

Regardless, well done to Saady! Hidden gem!

Can someone briefly explain how the winner is selected? Is it basically 23 nominees and the one with the best form wins at the end of the year?

Regardless, well done to Saady! Hidden gem!

There's 10 selectors. From all kinds ex players. Commentary and the AFL CEO
I think they all vote 3-2-1 and the player with the highest wins..
Usually it's someone who played almost every game.
And up there in posessions out of all the rising stars nominated as well

Voted 5 4 3 2 1

Can't believe 17 other clubs passed on this bloke. An absolute jet. Exactly what the cats required, but you cant win them all.

Would you swap him theoretically for Nakia? I could be biassed, and I know we were next in line for Cocky, but I think Saad will turn out to be the more valuable player.

Would you swap him theoretically for Nakia? I could be biassed, and I know we were next in line for Cocky, but I think Saad will turn out to be the more valuable player.

I think there futures are probably on a par. Saad obviously ahead at the moment but this is mainly due to him being a little older and Cocky not playing much footy of late. The difference is 1 was a top 10 draft pick and the other was a rookie selection in his 3rd draft availability.

I think there futures are probably on a par. Saad obviously ahead at the moment but this is mainly due to him being a little older and Cocky not playing much footy of late. The difference is 1 was a top 10 draft pick and the other was a rookie selection in his 3rd draft availability.

I think there is a few years age difference too which probably helps.

I think there is a few years age difference too which probably helps.

Plus Saad has played VFL against the older bodies which helps.

The suns have done well with recruiting from the state leagues this year as Glenn looks a likely type as well. Scott Clayton will look back at 2014 draft and rate it up there with his best. Miller is a gem as well.

Plus Saad has played VFL against the older bodies which helps.

The suns have done well with recruiting from the state leagues this year as Glenn looks a likely type as well. Scott Clayton will look back at 2014 draft and rate it up there with his best. Miller is a gem as well.

I rated Touk pretty highly on draft night. Glad to get him. Our mature rookies have already proven to have provided depth. I'm a little nervous about losing some players in the next 2 years, but overall a lot to look forward to.

Thanks for the kind words on our club :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played one game too many last year so is ineligible. However, I think Jack Martin has been one of the positives from this wretched start to the year.

Would be one the top couple if not the favourite if was eligible.

Averaging almost 15 possessions, 8 contested, 80% effective. 4.5 tackles a game, top 20 in the league for contested marks and kicked 6 goals this year.

I think we've got a good one.

Played one game too many last year so is ineligible. However, I think Jack Martin has been one of the positives from this wretched start to the year.

Would be one the top couple if not the favourite if was eligible.

Averaging almost 15 possessions, 8 contested, 80% effective. 4.5 tackles a game, top 20 in the league for contested marks and kicked 6 goals this year.

I think we've got a good one.
That's a shame he's ineligible. I was wondering if he was. Probably going to be one of the best never to win it. He's still a bit light but If he can get close to Harley's physique then he could be anything.

That's a shame he's ineligible. I was wondering if he was. Probably going to be one of the best never to win it. He's still a bit light but If he can get close to Harley's physique then he could be anything.

There are a lot of good players who never won the rising star. Fyfe, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Brent Harvey, Judd to name some of the current day players.

Not to mention Simon Black, Jonathon Brown, Dean Cox, Darren Glass, Scott West, Treadrea plus many others from yesteryear

There are a lot of good players who never won the rising star. Fyfe, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Brent Harvey, Judd to name some of the current day players.

Not to mention Simon Black, Jonathon Brown, Dean Cox, Darren Glass, Scott West, Treadrea plus many others from yesteryear
I did say one of the best. o_O

I must admit he does look the pick of the litter this year... there isn't too many rookies that would rival him in my opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back