Not open for further replies.

The Nest

Cancelled
Feb 28, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Steelers
Who can tell me some goss about the Golden Rivers FL. Apparently Shane Harvey has signed at Wakool. Who are the other guns among the league?:D

There is about 9 players from melbourne going up to Wakool this year, a few of them played with there coach a few years back, very good footballers and will dominate up there..

Moulamein, Quambatook and Wakool have all recruited heavily and needed too. Should be a very even competition With Murrabit, Nullawil and Ultima always around the mark. Hay has favourite son Daniel Gash going back up there along with Lachie McIntyre from Swan Hill so they should be competitive again. Wandella could have a few troubles with a few of there better players leaving. Does anyone know anything about Moulameins coach there are alot of different stories around as to what he has and hasn't done, Paul Jones?

ROOBOY14 said:
Moulamein, Quambatook and Wakool have all recruited heavily and needed too. Should be a very even competition With Murrabit, Nullawil and Ultima always around the mark. Hay has favourite son Daniel Gash going back up there along with Lachie McIntyre from Swan Hill so they should be competitive again. Wandella could have a few troubles with a few of there better players leaving. Does anyone know anything about Moulameins coach there are alot of different stories around as to what he has and hasn't done, Paul Jones?

Paul Jones is an interesting one. Can talk himself up better than anyone. Quoted in the media as taking the Great Western FC from the bottom to a premiership last year. IN THE RESERVES. Apparently he left that bit out. And he said he had already lost 10kg and in the photo he looked like he needed to lose at least another 15kg so i think he talks a bit of ******** but the proof will be in the pudding at the end of the year for everyone to see.

The Nest said:
Who can tell me some goss about the Golden Rivers FL. Apparently Shane Harvey has signed at Wakool. Who are the other guns among the league?:D

Well if the Shane Harvey goss is true it will be great for the GRFL. Other guns in the league are few and far between, but you can't go past Tim Triplet (Blues), the Hewit brothers from Nulli and Luke Wilson from Ultima.

Bowser, you are very sweet with this Condely guy! Please do your homework too, One of the Hewitts is going to Golden Square.

You Beauty!! said:
Bowser, you are very sweet with this Condely guy! Please do your homework too, One of the Hewitts is going to Golden Square.

Bad day there YB

No gun footballers in the grfl is that right. Lets take a few from Ultima in the last few years just as an example. Matt and Luke O'Toole, Brad Carroll, Matthew Palmer, Ryan Petzke, Brett Atkin just to name a few. Now tell me they would not get a game in any major league in country Victoria.

Anyone watch the night series. Ultima a little disapointing, quamby much improved, murrabit and wandella not much different from last year. Should be a great year in the GRFL, very even. what are your thoughts.

jimmyboy said:
Anyone watch the night series. Ultima a little disapointing, quamby much improved, murrabit and wandella not much different from last year. Should be a great year in the GRFL, very even. what are your thoughts.

Is it true Quamby are throwing big cash around

ultima a little dissapointing yes, however only had half a team in i believe. some big game players to come back in. watch out 4 the roos in 06. also heard a whisper brett atkin has signed with ultima! any truth in that?

alfie said:
ultima a little dissapointing yes, however only had half a team in i believe. some big game players to come back in. watch out 4 the roos in 06. also heard a whisper brett atkin has signed with ultima! any truth in that?

I definately wouldn't write off Ultima this year, will not slip as people think they will. Brett Aitken has signed with Ultima and is a very handy player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tubba said:
I definately wouldn't write off Ultima this year, will not slip as people think they will. Brett Aitken has signed with Ultima and is a very handy player.

Definately wasnt writing ultima off, cant read much into the night series. Is it the same Brett Aitken that played at Donald last year? If so, played quite well last year, very strong in and under.

Brett Atkin will hopefully play monday night against the much improved Quambatook, should be good to see the little hard nut back, talking of hard men Justin Condely should also be there monday night. Should be a good hit out for both clubs. Interesting to see Dickson from Wandella playing Wednesday night, rumor was he was leaving?? There was also a sighting of a big Golden Rivers draw card and local celebrity Brad Cliffton playing for Quamby whats going on there, surely they can't match the huge money he must of been on up at Hay.

ROOBOY14 said:
Brett Atkin will hopefully play monday night against the much improved Quambatook, should be good to see the little hard nut back, talking of hard men Justin Condely should also be there monday night. Should be a good hit out for both clubs. Interesting to see Dickson from Wandella playing Wednesday night, rumor was he was leaving?? There was also a sighting of a big Golden Rivers draw card and local celebrity Brad Cliffton playing for Quamby whats going on there, surely they can't match the huge money he must of been on up at Hay.

Gee Rooboy, you have a great sense of humour. I hope! Although I had an occasional kick in mallee league last year I have seen Brad play (I use that term loosely) a few times. Without doubt the worst player in the Golden Rivers senior competition. A mate of mine played at Wakool last year and said Clifton went OK at stages but I'm having none of that. He actually gives the impression that he believes he is a star. Terrible, large waste of space and even worse journo.

Russ74 said:
Gee Rooboy, you have a great sense of humour. I hope! Although I had an occasional kick in mallee league last year I have seen Brad play (I use that term loosely) a few times. Without doubt the worst player in the Golden Rivers senior competition. A mate of mine played at Wakool last year and said Clifton went OK at stages but I'm having none of that. He actually gives the impression that he believes he is a star. Terrible, large waste of space and even worse journo.

There is only one bloke who could be that harsh a critic on someone russ;)

Russ, a player of your very limited ability (which you acknowledge) just can't say that crap with a straight face on! I played with Wakool last year and you have no mates there! Seeya tomorrow clown.

jimmyboy said:
Definately wasnt writing ultima off, cant read much into the night series. Is it the same Brett Aitken that played at Donald last year? If so, played quite well last year, very strong in and under.
yep played at donald last year, had quite a good year so i was told. not only contained the oppositions best player but has the amazing talent of picking up his 25-30 touches a game. a hard nut who will run all day. very much underrated.

alfie said:
yep played at donald last year, had quite a good year so i was told. not only contained the oppositions best player but has the amazing talent of picking up his 25-30 touches a game. a hard nut who will run all day. very much underrated.

Must be on a packet then for Ultima to lure him back there.

Being a dockers member and in the know i have it on good information that tony modra has been talking to murrabit and is considering lacing up the boots for the blues this year for a substantial amount. obviously they do realise that last year was a fluke and will not be repeated with their current list. any truth in the rumour that josh woolhouse has added 11cm's to his bicepts? i think he is on the same programme as paul jones, which is always a good thing

DOCKERS said:
Being a dockers member and in the know i have it on good information that tony modra has been talking to murrabit and is considering lacing up the boots for the blues this year for a substantial amount. obviously they do realise that last year was a fluke and will not be repeated with their current list.

funny one:thumbsdown:

DOCKERS said:
oi dip ********. i will smash the ******** out of u, jimmy u little ******** burger. i will cave your head in loser. your a ******** head. i'd love 2 c u on the field coz all u would be is a runner at best and i'd still smash u up. toser

Take it easy steamy ive seen you play.

back to footy boys. Anyone else want to have a crack at a premiership market out there? Mine;

Murrabit $4
Nullawil $6
Wandella, Ultima, Wakool $8
Hay $15
Quambatook $30
Moulamein $50

Pretty open I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back