Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Expect Curry to get back to at least 40% shooting.

My only concern is that the Cavs haven't actually been that good offensively. Hope they don't turn it on either.

I think we're done.

Against Memphis, even when we were down 2-1, I thought we were 80% to win the series. Against the Cavs it's about 10%.

We need to find some passion.

Also Lee shouldn't play more than 10 minutes in Game 4. He was fantastic in Game 3, but he's been awful this year and Cavs will take advantage of it in Game 4 if he plays major minutes.

I still think its about 50/50

I agree the passion hasnt been there

The last quarter was encouraging although I dont know if it was just because Cleveland let their guard down, but as Steve Kerr said atleast we looked like ourselves again

I hope Lee can get 15-20 minutes if he can play at that same level again, I have a suspicion that after this series it will be announced Bogut was playing through some kind of injury as he has looked slow out there and hasnt provided much. Where is the Bogut that would fight and tussle with the other bigs?

Anyway, I would like to see more of just Curry and Delly iso at the top, as soon as we bring the guy setting the pick Curry gets trapped

If Barnes can get back on track and Draymond can actually have one good shooting game we'll have a chance

Yeah I expect the same with Bogut. When LeBron drove baseline and dunked I expected Bogut to annihilate him. The fact he pulled out says something is up.

They need to get some passion going asap. Some chest thumping Hi-fiving would be much appreciated.

One of my concerns is that LeBron isn't shooting well. What happens in the game he shoots 50%+. We're in trouble.

Make or break game and it feels like we have barely fired a shot.

We have had very little from the front court and the Cavs have beaten us for physicality and effort, so far we are expecting it to happen and they are making it happen.

Other than Curry and Thompson they haven't respected anyone else, Iggy is the only one to show a sense of urgency.
I expect to see more of Lee, the physical contest might suit him, I think we need to get the ball out of Lebrons hands, it's worth trapping and doubling and get others to make some decisions, at the very least it might speed up the tempo.
I'm off work and will be watching live in a sports bar, I expect us to take it up to them and win.
Dray,Boges,HB we need you otherwise it is over.

Go Dubs, we have the ability to win the series, but we need to match their intensity.

Yep need to come out firing. Might pay to double LeBron just to try and pick the pace up.

Just need to win this one. It should work in our favor the longer this series goes, but need to show some intensity and heart. Take a leaf out of dellys book

Hey guys, I've watched every game so far and this team certainly doesn't look anything like the one that played in the previous series or the regular season. The confidence looks gone and no-one seems to be able to guard Lebron.

I think they need to do whatever they can to get Delly off Curry and free him up a little more. In the last quarter of Game 3 they did this in two ways. First they set multiple screens off ball and Delly could fight through one but not 2 or 3. Secondly, they played Barbosa for part of the quarter and for some reason the Cavs then switched Delly onto Barbosa and left Shumpert on Curry and this was when he started to get hot.

As something a bit different I also think they should double team Delly on offense more because one on one he is capable of holding the ball and finding either his shot off a pick and role or another man, but when he is double teamed he isn't quick enough to pass so he more often dribbles into trouble and turns it over.

While as a passionate Aussie I love seeing Delly do well, I can't believe the Warriors have allowed him to play so many minutes and not be a liability offensively. If they forced him to turn it over more then the Cavs may be forced to take him out of the game and this would help Curry and hurt their defence.

I have to say that even though we are playing so poorly I have still enjoyed the series because of how tight it has been and the tactical strategies, but really we still should win this but I agree with the earlier post who said we are playing as if we just expect it to happen whereas Cleveland just seem to want it more and are making it happen. Need more urgency, intensity and for our bigs to turn up and start playing like they have all season and free up Curry more.

Knew Kerr would mix it up somehow. Was happy when I heard wed go small from the start.

Glad Iguodala has performed and delivered as a starter. His experience has been massive.

Need to back it up though on Monday

Must win obviously. I expect a huge game from LeBron. Maybe even a 50.

Iggy currently our MVP
Spot on - if we win it all Iggy would be the finals MVP if it was decided today.

2-2 and back to Oracle.

Had a fun day watching at the sports bar, quite a few Cavs fans, they were pretty quiet in the last quarter, so were two of mates following the Cavs.

Hopefully the same on Monday, I will back there, but being back at work avoiding scores for game 6 will do my head in.

We put out the call for intensity, up tempo and some physicality and got it today.
Good move to start Iggy, Draymond and Barnes got going and we made their guards do more than shoot spot up threes, although they shot a lot of them we were active on D.

It's the first game in the finals that we have looked like us, hopefully like the Memphis series we have worked them out and they are starting to tire, hard to believe that Lebron would just go quietly though.

We must take this attitude into game 5, if we can get 3-2 up then it becomes tough mentally to come back.

Well done boys, great win today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great contest in the finals but the quality has been poor, especially from the fully fit warriors. they will win unconvincingly

If I see them with the "Larry" I will be convinced.

I think there have been some great narratives after each game, I guess the narrative for the finals are "overcoming adversity" Warriors overcoming adversity after being 2-1 down and how they handle it, understanding it is a bigger stage than the Memphis series, Also can a team that at face value is a three ball shooting team win it all.
No doubt the Cavs have done the same, the fact that they have kept coming has made the series when they have had every right to say it's too hard.
Like the AFL Grand Final, how many guys get through the playoffs without carrying injury?
This,fatigue and the pressure can effect the level of play, hoping the Warriors can play their best for the rest of the series.

You know how Steph over took Reggie for the most 3 pointers in a single post season. Klay only needs 4 more to move past Reggie.

How the game has changed.

Oh and Steph is now 30 3s in front of Reggie.

How has this talk about Steph being the "worst MVP ever" sprung up from? Has it just been an overreaction to Game 2?

He's not even the worst winner of the last 10 years.

How has this talk about Steph being the "worst MVP ever" sprung up from? Has it just been an overreaction to Game 2?

He's not even the worst winner of the last 10 years.

Trolling is spot on, Steph hasn't had the finals series he wanted so far, but has been outstanding and at times insane all year, if you want to look at stats only,keep in mind he would have sat out at least 20-30 last quarter blow outs.

Rubbish statement, barring injury is a HOFer and will be a Warriors immortal is we win the title.

Move on, bring on Game 5.

3-2 and Steph had his signature game, great fun to watch.
Lebron is nearly at the stage where he was early in his career, if he doesn't score every point he is assisting on them.
Watched at the Sporting Globe with a mate who doesn't know basketball that well, he observed that the job of most Cavs was to get the ball to James and get out of the way.
In fairness it wouldn't be the case so much with Irving/Love.
But it's about us tonight, Iggy great again except for free throws and the threat of hack an Iggy in game 6.
HB with a few monster dunks and boards, love how he wanted the ball and posted up James, I'm wondering how good this guy can be.
Barbosa was good, Draymond has been much better the last two games, surprised we saw Ezeli before Bogut, but Boges has looked sore.
Klay hit a big shot in the run that won the game and was aggressive, has again done a lot of defensive work.
But tonight was about our MVP, apparently the worst MVP..... he was spectacular, the combination of handle, quick release and shot making is like nothing I have seen in 25 years of following the NBA, I always had a soft spot for the Warriors, loved run TMC and Timmy Hardaway,even saw them play live 3-4 times in the 90's but only really jumped on 100% when Steph was drafted, when we traded for Bogut it was even better, it has been a great ride, watching Steph play is a privilege and I love it.
As an aside, does anyone else get what Mark Jackson is on about when talking about his "Momma" in relation to someone hitting a big shot... "His momma calls him Klay, I'm gonna call him Klay".....
One more to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back