Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Further to Draymond's all defence team chances.
He is 16th in blocks at 1.45, tied 20th in steals at 1.52 and 21st in rebounds at 8.1.
So based on this he would deserve consideration.

Further to Draymond's all defence team chances.
He is 16th in blocks at 1.45, tied 20th in steals at 1.52 and 21st in rebounds at 8.1.
So based on this he would deserve consideration.

The main benefit for Draymond is not numbers though. He can guard basically anyone. He would be a nightmare to try and score against.

The main benefit for Draymond is not numbers though. He can guard basically anyone. He would be a nightmare to try and score against.
Triple double for Draymond as well, playing great ball all year.
Nice that the boys gave him the game ball.
It was mentioned that he is seen as the heart of the Warriors, also great mates with David Lee which I didn't know.

Great first half against a team that gives us and most teams trouble.
Even spread of scorers, Getting help from everywhere.
Barnes leading with 15pts, Holiday 9pts off the bench, everyone contributing, the only issue is foul trouble for Klay,Steph and Draymond.
20 up at the half, keep it going.

Bogut is back, but easing into it - 15 minutes.
Warriors keep winning.
Klay had another 40 point game,Mo was good again and Steph just doing what he does.
Curry with 21pts,15asts and 4 stls.
Draymond had all the stats columns covered again and got his defensive numbers with 9rebs,3stls and 2blks.
D.Lee now looking part of the rotation.
28-5 for the year and 15-1 at home.

Curry has got to be the MVP at the moment.

Might have been one of the best ever backup front court of all time in todays game. 1st pick and two all stars in Bogut, Lee and Iggy

I am never worried if we go down early in a match, I know our bench will lift us a lot of the time and if they dont Curry and Klay will get hot

Might have been one of the best ever backup front court of all time in todays game. 1st pick and two all stars in Bogut, Lee and Iggy

It's crazy how things have turned out so far. Lee can score quickly, same with Livingston is needed. He's got that length and is good at posting up his opponents. You definitely notice Bogut back. He's a good screener and passer, which means Curry and Klay get better looks.

As and that Speights guy. He just keeps producing. That lob from Iguodala (I think?) right at the end was awesome.

Hopefully Klay can get himself an all-star spot, but there are so many deserving people in the West that people are going to miss out. I think his best chance is if Harden gets voted in as a starter over Kobe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What can I say, things just keep on rolling, the Cavs were pretty good yesterday, Mozgov and JR. Smith were both good.

Watched it at a sports bar and had $20 on Warriors by 1-11pts as it was value, but said to my mate that we would probably win by more... So it turned out, we are just playing so well.
When everyone is healthy the depth is great even better with Holiday.
Someone said the bench front line with Bogut, Lee and Iggy is worth $40M.

This team is ridiculous. 44 points in a quarter. Speights hitting threes. Harrison Barnes is looking seriously good.

Oh and Steve Kerr , first 30-5 rookie coach ever.

This team is ridiculous. 44 points in a quarter. Speights hitting threes. Harrison Barnes is looking seriously good.

Oh and Steve Kerr , first 30-5 rookie coach ever.
The commentators were saying during the game that Barnes is top 5 for 3pt%. I haven't checked to see if it was right, but a good effort if true.

That 3rd quarter was insane. Steph's little pass fake then bank shot was sexy. Not to mention Mo's 3 on the buzzer.

Holiday has been pretty good too the last few weeks. Shooting well from 3, and putting effort in on defence. Just struggles to finish off a lob. Not sure how many times I've seen Iguodala throw him a lob for him to miss.

Livingston rested yesterday shows our depth aswell, Barbosa came right in and played good minutes

I like what Ron Adams has done with Barnes' shot, its much quicker and fluid now and he gets more ark on it

That third quarter today :eek:

Good to get a win with the starters all not playing that many minutes, onto Hassan Whiteside and the Miami Heat tomorrow.
It must be the Championship quarter!!!
38 points to blow out Houston in Houston, 26 between Steph and Klay.
How much fun was that to watch, shame Foxtel missed the first quarter.
Curry is just insane to watch, but Klay isn't far behind, this guy has gone from a good defender and beautiful perimeter shooter to a guy who now uses his strength to drive/draws fouls and can take a hit as well as throw down a fierce jam in traffic, while still having a supreme outside shot and more smarts as how to get shots.
His defence has gone up a notch and did a number on the leagues best scorer.
I know there are a heap of amazing guards in West, but Klay must get serious All Star consideration from the coaches.
Great job from Steve Kerr to get so much from Draymond and HB to shore up the bench and fix a major weakness by moving Lee and Iggy there as well as picking up Livinston and Mo having a career year.

Gap between Thompson and Harden isn't as big as people keep making it out to be.

Put Thompson on the Rockets and his numbers would be as good as Hardens and he would be better defensively.

I'm starting to think Draymond Green is becoming a bit overrated. He's not really that good a shooter - .438 FG% / .329 3PT% / .694 FT% this season. Statistically, this season he's basically been a passably-efficient, lower-volume version of Josh Smith (or a less efficient Paul Millsap, if you prefer). We've seen the folly that giving Smith max money turned out to be for Detroit. Do they (or anyone else) take that gamble on a smaller, less athletic (albeit younger) guy, in the hope that he "stays smart" and doesn't think it's "star time" because he's gotten big money?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back