Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm starting to think Draymond Green is becoming a bit overrated. He's not really that good a shooter - .438 FG% / .329 3PT% / .694 FT% this season. Statistically, this season he's basically been a passably-efficient, lower-volume version of Josh Smith (or a less efficient Paul Millsap, if you prefer). We've seen the folly that giving Smith max money turned out to be for Detroit. Do they (or anyone else) take that gamble on a smaller, less athletic (albeit younger) guy, in the hope that he "stays smart" and doesn't think it's "star time" because he's gotten big money?
Well he is in conversation for DPOY, currently 10th in the league for RPM as well as reasonable offensive efficiency...the hype has been a bit much, but he's absolutely earnt himself 11-12M per, be it at the dubs or elsewhere.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think Draymond Green is becoming a bit overrated. He's not really that good a shooter - .438 FG% / .329 3PT% / .694 FT% this season. Statistically, this season he's basically been a passably-efficient, lower-volume version of Josh Smith (or a less efficient Paul Millsap, if you prefer). We've seen the folly that giving Smith max money turned out to be for Detroit. Do they (or anyone else) take that gamble on a smaller, less athletic (albeit younger) guy, in the hope that he "stays smart" and doesn't think it's "star time" because he's gotten big money?
I think the Warriors fit Draymond's skillset very well and vice versa.
I think being a complementary player on offence suits him well, at a lesser team he would get exposed trying to be the 2nd/3rd offensive option and having to create shots for himself.
What he is, is a fantastically versatile player that sets the tone and attitude on D as well as in general, he does a lot of things pretty well and is a great team player.
I hope he stays for solid money and a good environment, but it's the NBA so there's a fair chance he will chase the money.

Detroit will chase hard. Their recent addition by subtraction has them looking good, he's a Michigan product and a good roster fit, plus SVG is clearly firm for him.

Monroe, Drummond and Dray would be a hell of a front court...just need to find a PG

Yeah I can't deny that the lure of detroit would be an attractive option for draymond on and off the court. I think he would be the instant favourite son. Hopefully we can get a few years out of him at Golden State he is the heart and soul of the team.

Will be interesting to see how much we're willing to pay to keep him.

I missed todays game due to not anticipating it being on early. But looks like we went nuts in the second quarter, and then kept it going.

Warriors quietly putting together one of the greatest seasons of all time (assuming there is no drop off). On pace to win 69 games at the moment. Probably unlikely to get there, but if they managed to win 65 games, it would be the equivalent to winning about 68-69 wins in most seasons (due to how deep the Western Conference is).

They are just killing teams at the moment. Second best point differential in league history.

They basically don't lose when Bogut is playing (24-2 and on a 19 game winning streak).

They are just so deep. e.g. 3 starters last night combined for only 13 points and they won by 43 points.

Warriors quietly putting together one of the greatest seasons of all time (assuming there is no drop off). On pace to win 69 games at the moment. Probably unlikely to get there, but if they managed to win 65 games, it would be the equivalent to winning about 68-69 wins in most seasons (due to how deep the Western Conference is).

They are just killing teams at the moment. Second best point differential in league history.

They basically don't lose when Bogut is playing (24-2 and on a 19 game winning streak).

They are just so deep. e.g. 3 starters last night combined for only 13 points and they won by 43 points.

That stat is ridiculous, lol @ Mark Jackson saying "defensively they are as good as, if not better without Bogut"

Stay healthy big man!

If the Cavs, OKC or Spurs had the Warriors current record and stats they would be getting talked about as one of the GOAT teams.

Absolutely cruising at the moment.

Hope Thompson makes the all-star team and an all defensive team.

Just read Warriors would lead the league in plus/minus if you only included their first halves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Cavs, OKC or Spurs had the Warriors current record and stats they would be getting talked about as one of the GOAT teams.

Absolutely cruising at the moment.

Hope Thompson makes the all-star team and an all defensive team.

Just read Warriors would lead the league in plus/minus if you only included their first halves.

Kobe being injured means Harden probably moves into starting 2 guard, meaning Klay should be a monty to make the team.

We will need to go deep into the playoffs to get our dues, hopefully we meet Houston in there as we own them.

The Kings tomorrow at home means another 13 plus win.

Curry gets hot in a hurry?

Thompson started the 3rd against Sac town with 13 points to his name. Just dropped a free throw to finish the quarter with a neat 50. * me.

Curry gets hot in a hurry?

Thompson started the 3rd against Sac town with 13 points to his name. Just dropped a free throw to finish the quarter with a neat 50. **** me.
Freaking insane!!!!! 37pts in the 3rd quarter - new NBA record.
I've never seen anything like it...... No one has.....
Un****ing believable.

Will be watching it again tonight once I regain my composure, been going off my nut!!!!!

Just watched Klay's 3rd quarter...amazing.

You've got yourself a player here, not that you didn't know that already but sheeeet...what a talent.

I haven't followed much NBA for a while but back in the day my team was golden state.Run TMC!!!
sounds like they are finally putting a great season together

Mike Van Gundy has Draymond on his All Star reserve list, lobbying for him based on his impact on winning and all round contribution, also in his thoughts for DPOTY.
I don't like his chances for an All Star berth but a nice sentiment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back