Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors,Chicago Bulls
Steph said last season when they pegged back a nine point lead that we don't panic, 9 points is three shots for us.

1-0, Took a while to get going, thanks to Shaun Livingston, Ezeli had an impact and HB had some good moments.
I think that was the Rox best chance to steal one at Oracle, Harden was ridiculous, can he maintain that level of scoring one on one,think we will double him off Josh Smith and see how many threes he can hit.
Steph is just insane, what a joy to watch.
Holds the record of 5 3's and 5 assists in the playoffs already with 8, lots more playoffs game for him in the future.
Think Mo Speights will be a factor in this series once he is back...
With Beverley and D-Mo out our bench will be a big advantage.
Nearly forgot Draymond, did some of everything - well done champion.

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Great first half, Ezeli is getting better every game, a healthy Bogut has been a force on both ends.
Energy is fantastic, Draymond gives you effort and a bit of everything, has a player ever fitted better with the team he is at? Hint hint DG.
Steph is just a video game, the guy is so good, but it's been his work on the boards and his D that have been factors.
We have controlled Harden and it feels like Klay is really looking for his offence.
Shaun Livingston posting is one of the reasons our bench is so good, what a great playoff series.
Iggy contributes and play great D, any offence is a bonus, still think Speights will have an impact at some point, Festus has surprised with the extra minutes.
Barring a disaster it will be 3-0 and too far back for the Rox.

mitchzz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
still don't know who guards LeBron though. Do we start Iggy or just have Green do it? Think Barnes is too small.

Barnes is pretty big isnt he, if it were me I would have Green on LeBron and Barnes on TT and see how it goes, i think Barnes could hold his own against LeBron though, I think he's underrated defensively

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
With LeBron not shooting the 3 well in the playoffs I think Green is the answer. I can just see him getting in foul trouble in a few of the games.

I think Barnes is a good defensive player, but he's giving up 2 inches and 30 pounds. Can't see him handling him in the post.

I think if we get through that Iguodala would be a big factor in a series with the Cavs, especially if his 3 is dropping. His assist/turnover rate in the playoffs is crazy.

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Size wise LBJ is 6-8 250.

Options:
DG 6-7 230
HB 6-8 225
AI 6-6 215
KT 6-7 215

I think a combination of Draymond might do the best job with AI to play him for 15-20 minutes or so.
The reason HB might get first look, is Draymond is more likely to keep Thompson off the offensive boards.
The positive is Klay should be freed up more offensively and have more energy available on offence.
The better question is how do they match up/guard us?

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I apologize guys.

Mrs washed my Steph shirt. Hadn't washed it since the start of the series. She's to blame.

Green was great tonight.

Defense was horrible, but they made some sick shots. They're a good team and Harden is a great player. Hopefully finish them off back at home.

mitchzz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Bogut's a bit of a barometer for us isnt he?

Good to see Klay get going after an awful start to the game, hopefully he can bring this into game 5

Fairly stoked to say the least. Didn't really get to watch a whole lot today, but will watch the replay tonight.

I know a lot of people have been tipping us to win it easily, but I'd never count out a Lebron-led team. Hopefully Kerr makes the necessary adjustments, and we can come out on top.

Thankfully our guys get a little bit of a rest before the Finals.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Kerr made a huge call playing Ezili extended minutes in the second half over Bogut. Worked out, but still surprised with Bogut having 14 boards and 2 blocks in 19 minutes. I did notice be banged his finger though, so that may have been a contributing factor.

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Great to see off the Rockets, great season.
4 more wins to go, hopefully we can stay healthy for one more series as the guys have copped a hiding over the last two games.
Kudos to HB, has been great all playoffs and really stood up tonight when things were getting shakey.

Cant wait for the finals, Cavs are playing for each other and will take it up to us more than I thought at the start of the playoffs.

If I wasn't so busy at work for the next month, I would strongly consider flying to the states for the finals.

I always said I would if we made them, but it's actually a bit harder in reality (and it's happened a little earlier than expected tbh).

Back