Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe if you sold your hen's teeth :D

$600 for 2 average ticket to just see a regular season game between GSW and LAC was expensive enough!

About four years ago I went to see the Warriors (plus others like the Clippers) at various times, and tickets for fairly decent seats (lower bowl) were around $50-100. A lot cheaper than similar Lakers tickets.

Then I paid about double when I went last year for similar seats. Its ridiculous how quickly its changed.

Keep hearing rumours about Brian Shaw pushing to be the next assistant coach. He's been spotted at trainings, etc.

Hopefully it's false. Shaw seems like the opposite of Gentry, so it doesn't seem like a good fit.

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors,Chicago Bulls
It's nearly time.
Move the ball and active D.
Wishful thinking but let's not give them belief by giving them double digit leads, no doubt we can peg them back but get rid of the nerves early, both teams will have some rust from such a long break.
Good to see Mo back for this series.
I think Klay will have his best offensive series of the playoffs.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
It's nearly time.
Move the ball and active D.
Wishful thinking but let's not give them belief by giving them double digit leads, no doubt we can peg them back but get rid of the nerves early, both teams will have some rust from such a long break.
Good to see Mo back for this series.
I think Klay will have his best offensive series of the playoffs.

I hope you are right about Klay as if he does better than the 25ppg @ 50% (from field and 3s) he had against the Pelicans I can't see us losing the series :D

I don't think Mo will be getting many minutes, but it's good to have him there if we want some instant offense.

LET'S DO THISSSS

Expecting some early nerves from the Warriors and perhaps some loose shots but should be a cracker

As long as we don't try and force too many bad shots, we should be able to start out pretty well.

Will be interesting to see how the long break has fared for both sides.

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
As long as we don't try and force too many bad shots, we should be able to start out pretty well.

Will be interesting to see how the long break has fared for both sides.

Did exactly that early, bad shot selection early and nerves gave them a good lead, Lebron was fantastic as was Irving, however I think they fired their best shot, Lebron hit everything and Irving won't play like that again.
We need to keep Thompson off the boards, we did better late, but he was active early.
Positives were that our bench dominates theirs, Mo was great(told y'all) IGGY was BIGGY, wow this guy was huge.
Gee our bench has saved our asses in this playoff run, feel like this is Iggys time and he has set himself to define his career in this series.
Everyone took a while to get going, but everyone contributed.
The story of the game is Irvings knee,they played two man basketball well with James/Irving and James ISO, but Irving is only other guy that hurts you off the dribble.
This was stressful but I will take the stress for the win, 1-0, 3 more to go....

This was stressful but I will take the stress for the win, 1-0, 3 more to go....

Yeah i can't believe how nervous i got. Just as it was nearing tipoff.

And i was listening to the second half while i was driving. Probably not the greatest idea. Had to stop to watch last quarter and overtime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Gave myself a self high five after Mo's impact in game 1.

Calmed down now after the stress of game 1, hard to see the Cavs winning from here.

Without Irving, Lebron has no one to play the two man game with that can hurt you off the dribble.
Don't think Lebron will shoot that well or we will play that badly again this series.
I think we can only play better and they can only play worse.
Massive credit to our guys for sticking with it in game 1 and think we will be loose for game 2.

Still need to get the job done, This team is so deserving of a championship as we are a team, we aren't just Curry and we aren't just three pointers, we are also a great bench, good D, energy, hard work and great ball movement.
We are well coached with brave line up changes early in the year and buy in from veterans that have built cohesion when ego could have torn it down.

Random thoughts:
- Think we would win with or without Irving, but killed what may have been a great series.
- Delly gets more minutes, hopefully he stands up and does ok.
- Hope the narrative isn't the Warriors beating up injured teams in the playoffs and recognising what a great season it's been.
- love or hate James, the media blaming him/Blatt for Irvings injury and James not hitting the game winner meaning it went to OT is BS, the guy was amazing, much like Harden in some games last round or Steph/Klay for us, I was just shaking my head at how good these guys are , it just re-enforced why "I Love this game"
- have taken days off to watch game 4 and 5 live, so I don't have to duck the score all day while working, thank you Queens birthday also.

Gave myself a self high five after Mo's impact in game 1.

Without Irving, Lebron has no one to play the two man game with that can hurt you off the dribble.
Don't think Lebron will shoot that well or we will play that badly again this series.
I think we can only play better and they can only play worse.

Random thoughts:
- Think we would win with or without Irving, but killed what may have been a great series.
- Delly gets more minutes, hopefully he stands up and does ok.
- Hope the narrative isn't the Warriors beating up injured teams in the playoffs and recognising what a great season it's been.
- love or hate James, the media blaming him/Blatt for Irvings injury and James not hitting the game winner meaning it went to OT is BS, the guy was amazing, much like Harden in some games last round or Steph/Klay for us, I was just shaking my head at how good these guys are , it just re-enforced why "I Love this game"
- have taken days off to watch game 4 and 5 live, so I don't have to duck the score all day while working, thank you Queens birthday also.

Iguodala was great of Lebron last game, so hopefully more of that. Taking Irving out removes the other person that could create his own shot. Makes a big difference. I'm guessing Lebron will keep the iso's going, just waiting for us to try and double him so he can kick it out to a shooter.

Hopefully we can grab a few more boards next game too.

I like the fact that if we can win this, the stigma about jump shooting teams winning in the playoffs can be removed (even if that is only part of what has made us successful). That's why I wouldn't have minded if Houston won the championship (the drive/3's/ft's model).

Still got 3 more games to go, and anything could happen, so don't want to get too carried away.

Lebron will cop it no matter what he does. Can't win. I feel that he should be getting praise for getting this team to the Finals, not what the result may or may not be.

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors NBA Champions
About four years ago I went to see the Warriors (plus others like the Clippers) at various times, and tickets for fairly decent seats (lower bowl) were around $50-100. A lot cheaper than similar Lakers tickets.

Then I paid about double when I went last year for similar seats. Its ridiculous how quickly its changed.

We paid $450 for row A seats vs Philly in January.

Piad $195 a year eariler for seats 10 rows from the front, but on the corner.

Apr 30, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
MUFC, Golden State Warriors
Curry had a very off day and James still nailed 39 points. Still think they can take one of the next two games in Cleveland.

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Curry had a very off day and James still nailed 39 points. Still think they can take one of the next two games in Cleveland.
Agree, we are a good road team.

Great to see Delly do so well but I can't see Steph shooting that badly again.
Klay was great, LBJ has been super human.
We need something from Draymond, him hitting a few shots opens up everything.
So far Mozgov and Tristan Thompson have won the rebounding war versus Bogut and Green, we need to control our defensive boards.
Big minutes have to wear the Cavs down, they have called on some minutes from the Miami crew, James Jones was good.
If I gave myself a high five for Mo's game 1 then a bitchbslap is in order after that missed dunk....
That and Steph ring a ring a rosey missed three that would have dropped 99/100 summed up the night, we did well to get to OT.
Still what iffing about Draymonds block, that Iggy saved that somehow didn't go to Steph..... We get that ball and we probably steal it.
Still it's 1-1 and this team has normally responded, gotta get one in Cleveland.

mitchzz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
I only got to listen to radio stream for this game. So was it bad shooting our good defense that allowed us to shoot so badly?

Bit of both really

Too many heatcheck shots and ill-advised from Steph and Klay aswell, they really bail out the defence

Just need to get back to good team basketball next game, would love to see Barnes used a bit more either in isolation or in the post assuming he can get a switch and not be guarded by LeBron.

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bit of both really

Too many heatcheck shots and ill-advised from Steph and Klay aswell, they really bail out the defence

Just need to get back to good team basketball next game, would love to see Barnes used a bit more either in isolation or in the post assuming he can get a switch and not be guarded by LeBron.
Good call re HB, he has gone back to shooting corner threes for the most part, his offence has expanded beyond just that and offensive rebounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back