Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Global Golf always has some deal going. If your a lefty you can get 25% off used clubs. Got My RBZ Tour driver in Excellent Nick for 160 Including Shipping.

I'm finding that my 3 hybrid is kind of pointless at the moment as I can't get distance with it. I routinely hit the ball further with a 4 iron on a full swing.

I'm loving my 3 hybrid. So much easier to hit than a 3/4 iron, I can regularly hit it 200m+ allowing me to get on the green in 2 on a lot of par 5s. The problem is my chipping at the moment. Quite often I'm having 2 chips to get on the green, either hitting it to far or not far enough, no confidence at all and thats what you need when chipping

From everyone's personal experience where is the best place to get clubs fitted? (i.e. golf club pro shop / retail store like Drummond Golf)

I got my last set fitted at my clubs pro shop but was wondering for interests sake if anyone had had any positive experiences at retail stores etc.

OK got my 2nd hand irons from 3balls.com today. Ordered Sunday, sent Tuesday(Monday USA) and arrived Friday :)

Condition was classed as "Very good". I would class it as better than very good. The clubs have never been used as far as I can tell. Think they were likely floor stock - they have a few tiny marks but thats it.
Callaway RaxrX 4-9, PW AW SW LW. $360 plus $75 shipping, knocked down to $45 coz they have a deal atm $10 off shipping for every $100 spent.

Great deal and would buy from them again for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there are only two ways to carry ones clubs about. In a stand bag or preferably in an exquisite Mackenzie Walker

So I used a 1 wood for the first time today, previously had only really used a big driver or 3 wood. Really liked it, and hit it very well. Can't find one online anywhere! May be being a bit lazy, but any guidance would be appreciated. I will go into a shop and try some out sometime soon, but figured I'd check with the experts on here too! I'll add that I'm left handed..

So I used a 1 wood for the first time today, previously had only really used a big driver or 3 wood. Really liked it, and hit it very well. Can't find one online anywhere! May be being a bit lazy, but any guidance would be appreciated. I will go into a shop and try some out sometime soon, but figured I'd check with the experts on here too! I'll add that I'm left handed..

what did you use? eg: degree of driver? type of driver? shaft? anything else you can tell about the club?

what did you use? eg: degree of driver? type of driver? shaft? anything else you can tell about the club?

I didn't have a good look at it to be honest, was a very quick go, about 6 swings. I'd say it was a regular shaft, loft wasn't too high...I understand that this wont help you a great deal!

I'm loving my 3 hybrid. So much easier to hit than a 3/4 iron, I can regularly hit it 200m+ allowing me to get on the green in 2 on a lot of par 5s. The problem is my chipping at the moment. Quite often I'm having 2 chips to get on the green, either hitting it to far or not far enough, no confidence at all and thats what you need when chipping

What sort of wedges do u have?
The right wedge set-up (bounce etc) can help because the club is suited to your type of swing.

But by far the best chipping tip u well ever get is to keep your hands infront of the ball at impact. And hit DOWN on the ball.
Ball comes out lower than normal but should check nicely on 2nd bounce if using a Pro V1 or something similar.

If you are only a noob, then go for a 10.5 degree driver.
Depends on your swing speed as for reg or stiff flex, any decent shop will be able to help u out with this.

What sort of wedges do u have?
The right wedge set-up (bounce etc) can help because the club is suited to your type of swing.

But by far the best chipping tip u well ever get is to keep your hands infront of the ball at impact. And hit DOWN on the ball.
Ball comes out lower than normal but should check nicely on 2nd bounce if using a Pro V1 or something similar.

Would have loved this tip 6 months ago haha. I've been playing once a week for the past 6 months and now shoot between 80 and 90 on average. To get to the next level im thinking I need lessons. 2nd shot lets me down all the time, be it a long iron or a middle range chip. Hopefully buying an AW may help. My Pitching Wedge keeps going long

PS. I had the ping g20 wedge which today I found out was 45 degrees and also a 56 degree wedge. Bought a 50 degree wedge today so hopefully it serves me well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back