Review Good, Bad, Ugly and the Disrgaceful vs Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good:

Thommo - unbelievable that fools think he should be overlooked for younger players.

Jacobs
War horse.

This will be the worst game we will play this season.

We get to redeem ourselves next week against the teal, and it will be fun watching port try to make a case as to why they should be underdogs.

The bad, ugly and disgraceful:
Most other things.

Players who played particularly poorly (based on stats):

Walker: 44% DE, 4 clangers, 0 tackles, 0 contested marks
Jenkins: 50% DE, 1 junk time contested mark inside 50, 3 hitouts, 1 junk time goal
Hartigan: 60% DE, 3 clangers, 1 tackle, 1 rebound 50, 6 goals conceded
Mackay: 0 tackles, 57% DE, 1 contested possession, 0 clearances
Laird: 0 tackles, 66% DE, 3 clangers
Van Berlo: 11 disposals, 0 clearances, 1 rebound 50, 2 inside 50s
Smith: 4 clangers, 0 tackles, 65% DE

Jenkins: 50% DE, 1 junk time contested mark inside 50, 3 hitouts, 1 junk time goal
Hartigan: 60% DE, 3 clangers, 1 tackle, 1 rebound 50

the stats don't always tell the story, but they sure do here. These players were awful. Do not remember a worse game from Smith

Hartigan: 60% DE, 3 clangers, 1 tackle, 1 rebound 50

Utterly atrocious across the board.

I ******* hate Sunday twilight games.

If you win, there's no time left in the weekend to celebrate.

If you lose, it ruins your whole Sunday night.

I was telling my mate earlier. I hate Sunday games because when you lose, the next thing you do is go to work for the next 5 days

Hartigan: 60% DE, 3 clangers, 1 tackle, 1 rebound 50, 6 goals conceded

Ouch.

The Good - I only watched 1 quarter .... and we won it!
The Bad - How they could possibly play like that when u compare it to how they played in Round 1 ... way to big a gap between best and worst efforts.
The Ugly - The scoreboard at 3/4 time.
The Disgraceful - Too many shite players today to be held accountable so no doubt two of the young kids who least deserve it will be the only ones dropped.

Bad - experienced players taking us nowhere - VB, Wright, Mackay. It's easy to hammer the new blokes at the ends of the ground but all those guys played in the midfield and provided no pressure whatsoever. Dmac back to his norm, touchless 3rd quarter to finish with 12 uncontested possessions at 57% DE from only 14. He had 10 at half time. FFS give Grigg, M Crouch and Lyons a full game, they won't be worse on average.

The same guys are letting us down.

Wright.
Lynch.
Jenkins.
VB.
McKay.
Hendo.

We need to move on from all of them.

They look a million bucks every now and again and trick people into thinking they're going to take the next step - but they never do, and when the heat comes, they constantly let us down.

We are a mentally weak side, we need to change that, quickly, and, to do so, we have to make some hard calls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thompson was our best by far. Probably the only player to play a decent game. Kelly showed his signs for a second gamer.

Sauce just didn't do enough around the ground.
Edit: he was actually okay at providing a link option. I mean in the air.

Like I've already said, we were dismantled in every facet.

Pretty much every player had a poor game

Utterly atrocious across the board.

15 players with DE below 70%
6 players with 0 tackles
Everyone with at least one clanger
1 contested mark by a tall forward
2 marks inside 50 by tall forwards
10 players conceded free kicks
Only 4 with goal assists

A couple things - Round 1 and 2 - our system looked great, all the players looked flexible.

Round 3 and 4 it hasn't, and in Round 3 and 4 we haven't had Cheney and we have had Thompson.

Cheney has been a key out for us. Completely unbalances our defence. And Thommo I think unbalances our midfield. Yes he gets a stack of the ball - he was probably in our best both last week and this week. And yet the midfield with him in it just feels less flexible. I don't know if there is a solution because you can't drop a guy who is getting 38 touches, and he is not actually playing badly.

The solution I guess is for the other midfielders to pull their fingers out and make use of all of Thommo's touches.

Today had nothing to do with Thommo - most of our players were apathetic; so many long shots on camera, and nobody was running hard, neither defensively or offensively.

That was the problem today, and that's why Walsh couldn't have changed the result - and why Hartigan, as bad as he was, wasn't the problem; the midfield served him up to the slaughter.

Today had nothing to do with Thommo - most of our players were apathetic; so many long shots on camera, and nobody was running hard, neither defensively or offensively.

That was the problem today, and that's why Walsh couldn't have changed the result - and why Hartigan, as bad as he was, wasn't the problem; the midfield served him up to the slaughter.

so all the groundball contested work midweek left them flat?

I'm just glad we won't go into the showdown as favourites :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back