Good day from Texas

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome mate. Enjoy the stay, you'll love AFL.

I've been to Texas 3 times and love the place, (San Antonio is my fav city in the states) so always make an effort to get there when over in the US.
Beers, BBQ, Sports, can't go wrong!
I agree with San Antonio.

I love that city. The river walk is amazing!

Better BBQ in Austin though!

I love Austin as well :D Stubb's Bar-B-Q is amazing.

My fav bbq place in San Antonio is B&D Ice House (https://banddicehouse.com/). Its nothing fancy, but its cheap and tastes amazing.
For some reason Stubs was closed when we went to go there. I did do the 2 hour line up for Franklins on a Monday morning though and also went to Coopers Old time BBQ in the main street

San Antonio I went to Smoke Shack on Broadway as it was a close walk from my airbnb. I heard Augies BBQ was the best in San Antonio but I went to go there on my last day and it turns out it is closed on Sundays

B&D Icehouse looks goods, I didn't really go down that side of the city much as I was staying up North next to the botanical gardens and zoo

That was a little bit below the belt Mr Gallagher.
I am utterly stunned that it came from a Collingwood fan.

I will however give your suggestion some serious thought over the next 6 or 7 rounds but I doubt very much that I will change teams. In fact that scenario is extremely unlikely Mr Gallagher auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver .

I accept your apology nonetheless
it was a close walk from my airbnb. I heard Augies BBQ was the best in San Antonio but I went to go there on my last day and it turns out it is closed on Sundays..

Last edited:
I just got my Richmond Jersey in the mail and I could not be more excited. I love AFL and hope to learn even more here!!!!

Most of the posts here tend to irrelevant.
If you really want to learn what it's about then there are USAFL clubs in Houston, Dallas and Austin.
Watch the local football and you'll appreciate the AFL a lot more.

Working really hard at getting a podcast up and running, looking at footy from an American vantage point. Would love to get in touch with you about that, and discuss how you came to the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back