Good Friday Football

Two teams you think should play on Good Friday

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does every club need a manufactured blockbuster? The Anzac Day Freo game is no blockbuster?

When 99% of footy fans think of ANZAC Day, first thought is Pies v Dons... More traditional & established game... Anzac in Freo just really another home game

If you make the match Saints V Doggies it will get a 30k crowd and terrible ratings.

You get blockbusters by playing big teams or top of the ladder teams against each other
I can't comment on how many will turn up to game but I reckon any 2 teams will rate on TV.
I reckon even most of the folk opposed to gFri footy would watch it- particularly if their team is playing.

No one needs to own it. It doesn't need to be in a particular state. Just put some footy on my TV on this boringest of days and I will watch it.

And I think it should go to GWS-Sydney. Been saying it for a few years. Let GWS vs Sydney (always as a Giants home game and played at Homebush) be played right at the conclusion and end of the Sydney Royal Easter Show. The party atmosphere would be amazing. We can't duplicate that anywhere else in Australia. Where else is there an AFL venue smack bang in the middle of the show precinct? It's perfect.

Give GWS-Sydney a game. And if we go for a double header. Give South Australia the night game vs either, each other or one of the big 4 teams in SA (In SA, Hawthorn is bigger than Carlton. Sorry Blue fans)

the problem with that is the Show use's the spotless as the main stadium of the easter show, it would not be up to match standard (last year it didn't even have grass, it was turned into a mini race car track), it cannot be held at ANZ because the rugby league is on, on the same day.

The only option would be the SCG and as anyone who's attended a sold out game at the SCG will tell you there's every little opposition allocations and very little GA. Hard to grow things for the giants if after they start attracting supporters most can't get into the game without buying swans memberships.

Back