News Good Friday Game?

Should we play Good Friday

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't bother me who plays on Good Friday - will be great to have a game of footy (or two) to watch.
Not being a religious person myself, Good Friday for me in the past has consisted with catching up with the family and having a few beers.
I can now add watching the footy to the day as well.

Doesn't bother me who plays on Good Friday - will be great to have a game of footy (or two) to watch.
Not being a religious person myself, Good Friday for me in the past has consisted with catching up with the family and having a few beers.
I can now add watching the footy to the day as well.
Good Friday is a recovery day for me that I usually need to be in bed by 5-6pm for work Saturday morning.

Good Friday is a recovery day for me that I usually need to be in bed by 5-6pm for work Saturday morning.

Good Friday used to be a recovery day for me as well. Go out the night before, get plastered and spend most of Good Friday in bed. Ahhhh, good times..
:cool:

When I was younger, Good Friday was about my family dropping me off at church because they refused to go with me. I'd attend Mass and then head home, and we'd either go visit my grandparents in Bendigo and use the day to catch up with family or we'd all just hang out at home. It's a bit of a nothing day in my house, really. As we've gotten older it's even less of a big deal.

I'd love the opportunity to watch a game of footy before I go to the rugby that night...However, when my agnostic mama saw the news when Gillon said GF footy is coming, she was absolutely scandalized, despite the fact that she's not religious and never has been. So confusing.

Good Friday usually consisits of collecting and counting money for the RCH appeal followed by a long night at work. It has not been a holiday for me for several years (and is usually one of the busiest days of the year) so having a game of football on the day is no big deal.

As long as there is a contribution to the RCH appeal, it will be nice to have something other than that to watch in the afternoon as the other channels usually don't even try to put something interesting on.

Yep we have a good thing with the first game of the year v Richmond, despite us both being pathetic over the last decade we get 70k+ every year.

Afl apparently keen on having a Ron Barrassi trophy for the Good Friday game.

Norf & Carlton would be a good fixture in this case given Barrassi's connection to both clubs.

Afl have said Good Friday might not happen next year but in 2016. In this case we could play given it probably won't fall on rd 1 v Richmond given the season will start on time in 2016. Delayed start next year is the issue.

Would prefer the first game of the year against Richmond to a Good Friday game.

The Good Friday game will be novelty for a year or two before it just becomes another day to play football.

I'm not so sure about that Harks.
There are so many non religious supporters out there who would love the chance to go to a game on Good Friday.
Hell, I might even go even if Carlton aren't playing.

I'd go regardless of who's playing, provided it's a day game.

Good Friday would become my perfect day... an afternoon of AFL followed by an evening Rugby game. Bliss :)
The only thing that could make it better would be a round or two of golf in the morning.

Good Friday would become my perfect day... an afternoon of AFL followed by an evening Rugby game. Bliss :)
The only thing that could make it better would be a round or two of golf in the morning.

Just sneak onto any public golf course Mebby.
Me and a couple of mates used to do that Good Friday when we had no family obligations...

Talking my language now MDB!! :) :thumbsu:

It will become a decent event, provided the AFL leave it as a stand alone fixture. Cant have one in each state or a day and a night game, it needs to be on its own.. I reckon if they did it as a grand final replay it would be really good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this a pick up line? If so, it would work on most blokes.:D

I know Eddie has now gone to Adelaide:cry: but how the hell are you single?!?!?:eek:

aw bless ya. I swear it's not a pick up line, I love sport. You tell me why I'm single! The last guy I spoke to told me girls and sport don't mix...

You gotta stop talking to Warnie!? :)

I'm not sure either of course, but Richmond v Carlton will see an average of 70K but would Carlton v North be achieving that in 3 years time?

Having said that though, I was really only talking about next year as we can't have both................ No Mexican Girl required.

:(

I'm not sure either of course, but Richmond v Carlton will see an average of 70K but would Carlton v North be achieving that in 3 years time?

Having said that though, I was really only talking about next year as we can't have both................No Mexican Girl required.

I don't see why we couldn't get 70k to a Carlton v North game at the 'G on Good Friday.
I reckon 10k - 15k would be made up of neutrals wanting to actually do something on the day.

Back