Good Friday v Carlton, "Lock it in"

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL executive is working on all options, with AFL football operations manager Mark Evans saying on Tuesday no one was locked in.
“There hasn’t been a decision to play on Good Friday. I noticed some clubs are jockeying and there are about 15 who think they were the first two write in proposing a match on Good Friday. It’s not relevant unless a decision has been made,’’ he said.
“Next year is tricky with the fixturing around the World Cup. of cricket. We won’t have access to the cricket venues for a couple of those weeks, so it will be tricky for us at the start of the year.”

_proxy

We'll likely get screwed on this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This board is completely mental. Nothing has happened, no call for celebrations or handwringing. We've made a strong case, fixturing is up to the AFL. Same as last week.

Exactly, what we have now is all the other clubs realising they have been left behind on this issue and this is them making a lot of noise and trying to position themselves back in with a chance.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

Exactly, what we have now is all the other clubs realising they have been left behind on this issue and this is them making a lot of noise and trying to position themselves back in with a chance.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk
I hope you're right.

But we always get shafted over things like this.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It will come down to whether the AFL still want to have Richmond vs Carlton on Thursday night rd 1. If that is the case then it will probably be North vs Essendon

We will get this match. But Carlton are no locks, there's a reason why Essendon name has been brought up, it's because North vs Essendon always gets a big crowd.
Hope you are right mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back