Good luck Adam Cooney

Can replace him with Boyd!
Don't know when I'll be back to Melbourne to get one. I just have Tom Liberatore left from the present group. Chris Grant and Daniel Cross will never be removed. Oh yeah, the scarf is going to be 25 years old next season. Coffee stains still on it from 1992. :p

Snagboy

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2008
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Good Luck to Coons, provided us with great service. Does anyone know if we are paying any of his salary at Essendon?
(as they had salary cap problems)

Dog fella

Rookie
May 16, 2010
The Capital
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Going to miss the 'Cooooon' chant, and yelling "Go Coons!" when he found some space, but it's in the best interest of the future of the club.

Remember that day back in 2003 and how excited we were to take Adam at Pick 1. National exposure for the Dogs was fantastic.

Electric on his day and sheer pace breaking away from the middle or from packs will be burnt into my brain. Terribly cruelled by his injury, we got even more years out of him than I expected a little while back.

I absolutely love the Coon Dog and thank him for so many amazing highlights.

who_let_the_dogs_out

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Brownlow night 2008 will always be my favourite CoonDog moment...

$20 @ $101 - thanks Coons.
Mate, I was living in the UK at the time but before the season I told a bunch of mates back home to put some money on him. 1 of them actually did and went on to thank me for the tip.

I didn't actually go a wage myself.

Gutted and stoked all at the same time. I'll never forget that.

xisor

Team Captain
Apr 13, 2009
VIC
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Favourite player after West and Grant. One of the best speedy mids you will see. Get something in return before he fades out even more and plus he can have a shot at finals. Never really liked playing him on the back half. All the best and thanks for everything

TempleKelvington

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2009
Out searching for omens pointing to our next flag.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I still don't understand our desperation to move him on. Other than he's a free agent next year and we'd get next to nothing for him. He, from all reports was happy to stay. Pick 37 is hardly anything significant for a pretty good player still.

It's been another bewildera. An amazing trade period, pretty hard to know exactly what the club is thinking.

Thanks for your efforts Coon Dog.

hoianbulldog

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2006
Hoi An, Vietnam. I am off the grid.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bit of a Cooney / Griffen collectors item- hurry while stocks last.

9328121045238.jpg

Nov 21, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Shattered to see Cooney go but i know it's for the best. Unlike Griffen, i won't be booing Coons. Have alot of respect for him and it's a shame we never got to see his best for a longer period due to injury.

for one last time, CCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True. Even Will was looking shaky at one stage.
What pick did we get for RoboDog? Was he an unrestricted free icon? Or was he just delisted?

Some cricket club is picking up robodog as a delisted free agent

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
Club legend.

Still wanting to punch the footy gods for the injuries they have given him. Before they occurred he was easily in the top 5 midfielders in the comp. Because of them we've only seen glimpses of his 2008/09 form in recent years.

Still been a great player for us and whilst sorry to see him go, I think it's the right call.

Coondog, thanks for everything, you'll always be loved by our club.

Back