Good luck Adam Cooney

Remove this Banner Ad

Will make me physically sick seeing him in that jumper

I wish him personally luck but not a scrap of team success

Disappointed to see him go really.. I was hoping he'd be a one club player with us but its not the case and its a similar feeling to what it could have been like had Grant left.

Does he have any good footy left in him?
He has been a burst player for the last year or more with us. Don't expect 4 good quarters in the same game during 2015, but there will certainly be some good quarters.

He is a "win more" player. If the team are in front and winning, you will win more with Cooney. But if the team are not winning, don't expect Cooney to get you back into the contest.

Disappointed to see him go really.. I was hoping he'd be a one club player with us but its not the case and its a similar feeling to what it could have been like had Grant left.
No Jarrad looks like being a one-club player.

All good. I wish him well, just don't expect the 2008 version to return.

What ifthey do get him playing well??

God I might hang myself it will make me so angry watching him play well in that scumbag drug cheating a$&hole jumper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why of they do get him playing well??

God I might hang myself it will make me so angry watching him play well in that scumbag drug cheating a$&hole jumper

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I can't see it. Even if he had of stayed with us, I would have been highly sceptical of him having too much of an impact next year. He may have even retired at the end of 2015.

87015_20b11252a3e51ee7355edca7a1efa20e.jpg

Would have loved to see coons finish his career at the doggies but he's always welcome back! Will be a shame to watch him run around for Essendon but if thats what he wanted then good luck to him! What a player he could have been, absolutely brilliant at times and sounds like a fantastic bloke too.

When we play Essendon I hope all the doggies fans join in with the "cooooons" and at least if theres any tossers booing him he wont even realise :p

Good luck Adam, thanks for the memories.
If there is blame to be laid for trading you to Essendon with one year to run on a contract, that blame is due to the free agency mechanic.
If compensation picks even still exist after this year, we would have received far less than a late 2nd round draft pick at the end of 2015, hence the trade earlier today.

Good luck Adam, I don't really begrudge you. You won a Brownlow at our club, and we both wanted the best for each other.

Here's hoping you get 15 Brownlow votes in a bottom 4 side next year :D

Smart man our (their) Coons.

If all is to be believed, then Essenscum are going to need a few players next year. Coon Dog was t going to to get a full run with us, so a trade to Essendon was the perfect solution

Thanks Coons you crazy Cat, my little bloke still has his picture with you in the funky green sunnies at East West day.

Hope the career change goes well, just not against us

He got 7 brownlow votes this year so he does show glimpses. I don't think he made our B&F top 10 though.

That is more of an indictment on the people doing the voting than Adam Cooney. Another Bulldog great now playing with another club, it is a sad day.

When will we learn that getting rid of good players is not the path to greatness? It should be the other way around.

W
That is more of an indictment on the people doing the voting than Adam Cooney. Another Bulldog great now playing with another club, it is a sad day.

When will we learn that getting rid of good players is not the path to greatness? It should be the other way around.
With Griffen gone he might have been useful during 2015 but let's be honest, he was by no means a dominant player in 2014 and hasn't been for some time. We are getting rid of a player who is nowhere near his Brownlow Medal form.

TBH he was a problem for MC because at times his form didn't warrant selection but how do you drop a Brownlow Medallist? I wish him well at Windy Hill (eww ... yuk!) but really we will be better off without him, if not in 2015, then certainly by 2016. He will also clear some salary space ... probably to pay for the Griffen-Boyd deal.

We also have about a 40% chance of getting someone decent with pick 39 too. Thats something else to look forward to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back