Good luck Adam Cooney

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad to see the Cooneys go, Haylea seems to be the most welcoming person and made all new wags feel at home.

As for Coons, his brownlow year was phenomenal, people saying he didn't deserve it obviously didn't watch him that year. Was favourite in the betting until very late in the year. All the best to one of our club champs.

I'm really going to miss the funny bastard. I'm just glad that he gave me one last laugh for the road by trolling his new club with words to the effect of...Its my relationship with James Hird that attracted me to the Bombers. Dead set comedy gold!

Best of luck to you Adam, you've proved me with hours of entertainment on and off the field.

Will cringe seeing him run around in that jumper but wish him all the best.
Provided many highlights and joy over years, good luck coons (just not against us)

Always one of my favorite players. The 2008 season one of the best I've seen by a player - have always wondered what might have been had he not had knee troubles.

Feel he has conducted himself well throughout this. If it were up to me he would have stayed, but it's not up to me. I wish him every success with the Bombers and will probably watch a few more of their games now.

Will always remember Cooney's 2008 season, it was amazing. I hope no bridges have been burnt in us shipping him out.

Based on his mrs' twitter feed, id say a strong love of the club will remain in their family even while he's playing for the scum.

They'll be welcomed back anytime.

Good luck Coondog, the greatest tragedy is not you leaving us, but that the football world will never know what could have been had you knee not let you down.

Will forever be remembered as a stalwart of Footscray, regardless of what he does at Essendon. His 2008-09 was electrifying.

Just like Goddard and Chapman in the past two years, it's going to be strange seeing him in an Essendon jumper. But I'm cautiously optimistic he'll add a bow to our side.

Best wishes.

This whole saga is just getting worse and worse. The three players that I thought might most benefit from McCartney's departure are leaving with him, they also happen to be three of our best players based on raw talent (Cooney, Griffen, and Higgins). I firmly believe, unshackled from the rigidity of the 'McCartney System', all three are going to have big years with their new clubs. And, in the short term at least, we will have nothing to show for it.

Sad to see the Cooneys go, Haylea seems to be the most welcoming person and made all new wags feel at home.

As for Coons, his brownlow year was phenomenal, people saying he didn't deserve it obviously didn't watch him that year. Was favourite in the betting until very late in the year. All the best to one of our club champs.

Hopefully Annie (Liam Picken's partner) and Abby (Jake Stringer) can carry the candle.

I really like Haylea, she's been a great representative for our club culture without ever holding any official role. Hopefully she can be welcomed back to the cheer squad with her kids next year - even if it raises the eyebrows of the media morons, they're still passionate members of the Bulldog family.
Will forever be remembered as a stalwart of Footscray, regardless of what he does at Essendon. His 2008-09 was electrifying.

Just like Goddard and Chapman in the past two years, it's going to be strange seeing him in an Essendon jumper. But I'm cautiously optimistic he'll add a bow to our side.

Best wishes.
Good luck, I hope he plays well in the red and black.

Get him in front of a microphone at every opportunity, too, be it club function or media content for the club's website. Very funny man.

87015_20b11252a3e51ee7355edca7a1efa20e.jpg

Didn't know this was feelingsball. Somehow I fail to feel sorry for elite athletes that get paid generous amounts of money when there are so many other people struggling in this economy.

Poor Cooney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor little bloke looks petrified!
Saw Cooney and his little bloke at a VFL game, he was running around like he had a litre of red cordial, decked head to toe in Dogs gear, was passionately supporting the Dogs and every couple of minutes he would ask his dad who each of the players were. Pretty funny stuff.

Jaxon, not Adam that is.

Didn't know this was feelingsball. Somehow I fail to feel sorry for elite athletes that get paid generous amounts of money when there are so many other people struggling in this economy.

Poor Cooney.
Exactly, first world problems, cry me a river. Maybe she would prefer adam was unknown nobody standing in a dole cue or working a line for a megacorp who was about to make a 9% profit so sack 20 people to break the 10% and who knew him only as a number they crossed out off their computers.

Poor Adam, poor poor Adam. He had to sign a contract worth more money in 2 years then a lot will make in their entire working lives, i hope he doesn't sleep too rough...

Poor Cooney.

Dont quite understand that post tbh. I havent seen Cooney himself make any comments attacking the club. I was just highlighting it appears he did want to stay. So no one should give him any griffen treatment when we play the bombers.

Id rather a player be gutted to be let loose than to not care. I agree with axing him as a list management desicion. Beneficial for both. He has a chance to play finals if players dont get rubbed out.

Anyways many people including me thought he wanted to boot. If thats wrong id rather know and welcome him back with open arms in the future.

Dont quite understand that post tbh. I havent seen Cooney himself make any comments attacking the club. I was just highlighting it appears he did want to stay. So no one should give him any griffen treatment when we play the bombers.

Id rather a player be gutted to be let loose than to not care. I agree with axing him as a list management desicion. Beneficial for both. He has a chance to play finals if players dont get rubbed out.

Anyways many people including me thought he wanted to boot. If thats wrong id rather know and welcome him back with open arms in the future.

What don't you understand about my post? I was never giving him Griffen treatment.

This whole saga is just getting worse and worse. The three players that I thought might most benefit from McCartney's departure are leaving with him, they also happen to be three of our best players based on raw talent (Cooney, Griffen, and Higgins). I firmly believe, unshackled from the rigidity of the 'McCartney System', all three are going to have big years with their new clubs. And, in the short term at least, we will have nothing to show for it.
Complete nonsense . Just like you can't make assumptions that Cooney was part of the core that canned McCartney, you can't put blame on McCartney for Adam's form either.

Sorry to see him go. Hope he plays at least a further 44 games and retires in peace. Good luck Coons, unfortunately due to the jumper you'll be wearing I'm forced to hate you and all you stand for but once you retire I'll go back to loving you.

What don't you understand about my post? I was never giving him Griffen treatment.

About the relevance of struggling people in the community and adam cooney wishing he was still one of us :/

Especially since we are paying an unproven 19 year old a guaranteed 7 million lol.

Would love to know the real story. Wouldnt read too much into a womans rant lol. Just putting it out there.

About the relevance of struggling people in the community and adam cooney wishing he was still one of us :/

Especially since we are paying an unproven 19 year old a guaranteed 7 million lol.

Would love to know the real story. Wouldnt read too much into a womans rant lol. Just putting it out there.

I was never making a connection between people struggling in the community and Cooney 'wishing' he was still one of 'us'.

The aspect of that Facebook post I was responding to was the fact that players have feelings. The guy has just signed a 2 year deal at Essendon and I bet it's more than minimum wage! I don't care about any AFL player and their 'feelings'. There are many people struggling, I don't like it when family members/friends complain. No one is forcing them to be in such a public business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back