Tertiary and Continuing Good solid ATAR score

Remove this Banner Ad

sigh... Another biased and bumhurt person who has no idea what he is talking about but trashes UoM anyway because he didn't get in.

Lulz why would I apply there? I got my law/comm degree by 22 and am doing masters now. Whereas if I went to Melb uni I would have had to do a general degree for 3 years and then I'd have to chose between law and commerce.

Where is the sense in that?

Lulz why would I apply there? I got my law/comm degree by 22 and am doing masters now. Whereas if I went to Melb uni I would have had to do a general degree for 3 years and then I'd have to chose between law and commerce.

Where is the sense in that?

LOL, you clearly don't know s**t. You can do a Bachelor of Commerce and then postgrad Juris Doctor. Don't worry man, be happy with your paperweight degree at latrobe :)

UoM = better qualifications, employment opportunities :)

LOL, you clearly don't know s**t. You can do a Bachelor of Commerce and then postgrad Juris Doctor. Don't worry man, be happy with your paperweight degree at latrobe :)

Which would still take 6 years and require a further examination for entry into the JD.

In that same time I'll have the same degrees (not from LT) plus a masters and have done my PLT. All without the worry about having to apply post completion of the Comm for Law. I am very happy with my education though.

People like you make the passing of time that much more exciting though. One day it'll hit that what you imagined isn't reality, and what is reality isn't that great :thumbsu:

I think the whole uni competition thing wears off once you are out in the real world. Certainly UWA is regarded as the "best" over here but each of the unis have there own specialties etc. For example UWA don't offer vet science so Murdoch is best for that and ECU have a great reputation for performing arts.

Which would still take 6 years and require a further examination for entry into the JD.

In that same time I'll have the same degrees (not from LT) plus a masters and have done my PLT. All without the worry about having to apply post completion of the Comm for Law. I am very happy with my education though.

People like you make the passing of time that much more exciting though. One day it'll hit that what you imagined isn't reality, and what is reality isn't that great :thumbsu:

Oh I see the type of person you are now. You are the type who thinks your smarter than everyone else and when you clearly don't know s**t about anything attempt to make others look like they don't know s**t.

I won't bother discussing things with you any more because clearly nobody has your level of wisdom and knowledge in this life. Enjoy law you are clearly suited to it.

Oh I see the type of person you are now. You are the type who thinks your smarter than everyone else and when you clearly don't know s**t about anything attempt to make others look like they don't know s**t.

I won't bother discussing things with you any more because clearly nobody has your level of wisdom and knowledge in this life. Enjoy law you are clearly suited to it.

I'm sorry we are currently 4-4 and not 2-6 like you wanted, but I really think you should move on and accept that Woosh is actually a good coach.

Sorry to weigh in on this debate but you are an absolute elitist flog. As a graduate of arguably Victoria's worst university (which closed a few years ago) I found employment in my field easier to obtain than my friends who flogged themselves off to their monash/melbourne pieces of paper. You know why? Employers rate relevant work experience to your course higher than academia or pseudo university prestige floggery. Sit down and shut up until you hit the real world child.

Got 78 and I still found a way in to Law and I am doing well in it. Who gives a rats about ATARs.

With you there. Scored 80, performed well in first year and moved into Law.

For the people that don't know, your ATAR is void after a year at Uni or (I think) 3 years of non-attendance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus the JD is far more expensive. The Melbourne model is a farking joke and a ripoff.

Plus the JD is far more expensive. The Melbourne model is a farking joke and a ripoff.

I come off as a w***er in alot of my posts in this thread so aplogies to all for that. But I stand by the fact that the differences between the universities in Victoria is largely negligable. The institutions have to meet a standard to be authorised by many industries governing bodies to teach the courses they offer (such as the Law Institute of Vic and others) and all use the same/similar text books too.

The major factor impacting anyone's tertiary education is the individual themselves and those who think the "reputation" of one justifies greater cost, uncertainty, and time is pretty much just full of it.

Thought I'd weigh in on this one. As others have eluded to it's about the course you want to do and where you want to do it. UWA has a blanket minimum of 80 unless you're from the country in which case it's 75. Curtin's minimum is lower than that. I got 91 in 2012, got into Architecture at UWA, and could get into the majority of courses with that. I have a friend who got 82 and is doing law, another got 75 and is doing Mechanical Engineering.

My real point though is that you don't have to be doing the subjects perceived as the hard ones, Physics, Chem, Spec Maths, Literature that sort of thing. I did Lit and it wasn't even counted in my top 4, whereas Human Bio and History were. If you're doing subjects that you are good at and interested in then you'll probably do better than someone slaving away at chemistry when they see it as characters in Mandarin.

Thought I'd weigh in on this one. As others have eluded to it's about the course you want to do and where you want to do it. UWA has a blanket minimum of 80 unless you're from the country in which case it's 75. Curtin's minimum is lower than that. I got 91 in 2012, got into Architecture at UWA, and could get into the majority of courses with that. I have a friend who got 82 and is doing law, another got 75 and is doing Mechanical Engineering.

My real point though is that you don't have to be doing the subjects perceived as the hard ones, Physics, Chem, Spec Maths, Literature that sort of thing. I did Lit and it wasn't even counted in my top 4, whereas Human Bio and History were. If you're doing subjects that you are good at and interested in then you'll probably do better than someone slaving away at chemistry when they see it as characters in Mandarin.

Spot on.

Though, would recommend doing the hardest Maths you can, because in WACE scaling, each more difficult unit is a big step up in scaling benefit.

Otherwise, do English instead of Lit if that's your thing. Don't waste your time on Physics and Chem if you're no good, but expect to lose a chunk out of your Human Biol score. Similarly with Economics v Accounting. Econs scaling is okay, Accounting is well down.

Spot on.

Though, would recommend doing the hardest Maths you can, because in WACE scaling, each more difficult unit is a big step up in scaling benefit.

Otherwise, do English instead of Lit if that's your thing. Don't waste your time on Physics and Chem if you're no good, but expect to lose a chunk out of your Human Biol score. Similarly with Economics v Accounting. Econs scaling is okay, Accounting is well down.

I did 3A/B maths which got scaled down ever so slightly, but friends that did 3C/D and Spec only got scaled up marginally, where they were counting on decent scaling. It differs from year to year I guess. The moral of the story there is don't rely on scaling to boost your score.

Agree, if Lit interests you then do it. If not, you'll hate it. Hopefully you get a decent teacher. The thing with Lit though is that (in my year anyway) we had the option of doing the English exam as well as the Lit exam. Could use any texts you wanted. We had no English coursework to be assessed on so the result was entirely based on our exam mark. It was a loophole which a lot of people exploited. Human Bio didn't get cut down as badly as I had expected, luckily. I think Economics and History are roughly the same. Accounting and Media both get taken down heavily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back