Universal Love Goodes Chant for SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Skeparovic

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Okay so there is nothing that sounds better or sends tingles up the spine more than 40,000 Swans fans doing the slow S....Y.....D.....N.....E....Y..... chant at the SCG.

Adam Goodes is an absolute champion of our club, a beloved Swan who has achieved beyond all possible expectations (games record for Swans, Dual Premiership player, Dual Brownlow Medallist) and is a true ambassador to both indigenous and non-indigenous children and adults alike.

We may not have the privilage and opportunity to witness him gracing the SCG for much longer. Therefore i propose that as Swans fans we rally behind him at every game between now and the end of season to band together and start up an incredibly loud and slow
G...O...O...D...S...E...Y.... chant. Let's show our respect and gratitude to a true legend of the Sydney Swans and the AFL and pay tribute for all that he has done to our Swans family.

G...O...O...D...S...E...Y

Okay so there is nothing that sounds better or sends tingles up the spine more than 40,000 Swans fans doing the slow S....Y.....D.....N.....E....Y..... chant at the SCG.

Adam Goodes is an absolute champion of our club, a beloved Swan who has achieved beyond all possible expectations (games record for Swans, Dual Premiership player, Dual Brownlow Medallist) and is a true ambassador to both indigenous and non-indigenous children and adults alike.

We may not have the privilage and opportunity to witness him gracing the SCG for much longer. Therefore i propose that as Swans fans we rally behind him at every game between now and the end of season to band together and start up an incredibly loud and slow
G...O...O...D...S...E...Y.... chant. Let's show our respect and gratitude to a true legend of the Sydney Swans and the AFL and pay tribute for all that he has done to our Swans family.

Sounds great but unfortunately about 30k people at the game don't have big footy an wouldn't have a clue about it, I'd love it to get going but it won't be easy

Actually, this happened a few weeks ago when Goodesey kicked an awesome running goal against Port Adelaide at the SCG. Apart from anything else thats happened this year, his actually in pretty good form, (unlike some players)

Hi all,

In light of the difficult off field issues this week, i feel compelled to write a letter of support to Adam and the swans.....I have never done this before, but I feel for me it is the right time.

How would i go about this to ensure it goes to the right place.

Josh

Hi all,

In light of the difficult off field issues this week, i feel compelled to write a letter of support to Adam and the swans.....I have never done this before, but I feel for me it is the right time.

How would i go about this to ensure it goes to the right place.

Josh
Contact them through Twitter or FB mate. They can usually provide an email/postal address.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bonz & I were thinking about somehow incorporating the 'it ends with me' racism campaign in a banner vs. geelong at skilled. Given its an opposition game it'll for sure get coverage.

Suggestions?

Maybe like a Racism: It ends with Goodes or something.

Or as Bonz suggested, #standbyGoodes :p

I can't be there but I heartily endorse this suggestion.

I think it's gonna go off like a rocket.

And once and for all stick it to all those opposition fans who reckon we just sit there sipping kardonnay and swapping property anecdotes.

A cheer much like everytime Roos got the ball.

But a cheer and a point to him showing the love. Hopefully we all get to see him wearing the red and white again instead of the filthy opposition seeing the last game of our champion.

A simple chant going around the stadium a few times per quarter, and cheering him whenever he gets the ball would be great. Good luck to the organisers of this initiative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back