Google Chrome

Remove this Banner Ad

Because I'm a retentive bastard, I plotted some figures trying to determine when Chrome 16 will be out. I'll go Canary next time just to avoid the little nasty bugs.

Features: overhauled New Tab page, Omnibox History synchronization

Code:
[B]Ver   Released   Delay (days)[/B]
  6  2010-09-02
  7  2010-10-21      49
  8  2010-12-02      42
  9  2011-02-03      63
 10  2011-03-08      33
 11  2011-04-27      50
 12  2011-06-07      41
 13  2011-08-02      56
 14  2011-09-16      45
 [COLOR="Red"]15  2011-10-18      39 (current dev time)
     2011-11-02      47 (average dev time)
     2011-11-11      56 (2nd longest dev time)
     2011-11-18      63 (longest dev time)[/COLOR]

Good to hear about the New Tab page, that thing is in need of an update.

The speed dial extension is one of my favourite things about Chrome.

2dgud7q.jpg

I hope i don't have to set that up again with the new version...

Chrome 15 now stable. Focus on making Chrome more tablet friendly before a release on Android.

Revamped 'New Tab' page. Omnibox History synchronization. Redesigned Chrome Web Store.

New Extensions page in Settings: chrome://settings/extensionSettings

[YOUTUBE]8y_Hn2aT8Ck[/YOUTUBE]

For the first time in a LONG time, Internet Explorer does not account for more than half of all web traffic

http://www.theage.com.au/technology...rers-share-drops-below-50-20111103-1mwcx.html

Chances are, you gave up on IE long enough ago that this milestone makes you more curious as to who actually still uses the browser.

http://www.theage.com.au/technology...rers-share-drops-below-50-20111103-1mwcx.html

Chrome is up to 16.60% and increased its share of the desktop market by 1.42% last month. I'm sure it won't be long before Chrome hits 20-25%, especially once they release an App for Android and hopefully iOS as well.

Poll at http://mashable.com/2011/11/02/internet-explorer-traffic-fall/ has Chrome at 55%.

Firefox are trying hard, but if they don't get their memory management in check Chrome will take a lot of their share.

Yeah I'm about to switch to Chrome for that reason. FireFox just hogs too much memory. It always has but its getting far too ridiculous now.

That was my primary reason for moving from Firefox to Chrome. Firefox wins in terms of add-ons, but Chrome is improving. I'd had enough of Firefox being a hog so made the switch.

I'm using Google Chrome right now. Changed from Internet Explorer because on sites like Facebook, BigFooty, etc. I kept getting these "operation aborted" messages. Stuff that!

That was my primary reason for moving from Firefox to Chrome. Firefox wins in terms of add-ons, but Chrome is improving. I'd had enough of Firefox being a hog so made the switch.

This also explains me perfectly. I was always a big firefox fan and fought many overtures from friends to go Chrome. When Firefox starting hanging cause it couldn't handle everything I was doing, I jumped to Chrome and haven't looked back. Thought I'd miss my add-ons but I've found equivalents for most and just stopped using others without really missing them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firefox have made improvements recently but it's still far too bloated. They have increased their release cycle to every 6 weeks so they can turn it around quickly.

I am a front-end developer so I use firebug A LOT, Chrome's developer tools is progressing very nicely and I would say in the next 6 months a lot of developers will make the switch. Which would be the beginning of a rapid decline for Firefox.

It will be sad if Firefox declines as what they have achieved to date is remarkable.

I have got chromium on my pc(chromium which is the original and unbranded open source version, and I am not such a fan of the minimalism. I prefer firefox as you can customise it. I have got the most recent version but you wouldn't see it because it looks like normal (apart from the bottom url barm, which isnt there)

I have found that at chromium the adblock doesn#t work as prompt and good as in Firefox' Platinum Membership - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades ;).

I installed it at work cos I usually have Chrome on my 2nd monitor (which doesn't have a clock). Too hard to move my head and look at the other monitor! Anyway, I think it looks pretty neat.

thats a great idea actually, might chuck it on my 3rd monitor at work. Cheers for the suggestion.

Anyone noticed YT vids struggling in the last week on Chrome, happening at work and a little at home.

thats a great idea actually, might chuck it on my 3rd monitor at work. Cheers for the suggestion.

Anyone noticed YT vids struggling in the last week on Chrome, happening at work and a little at home.
Yeah, well documented. Google working on it.

Has never happened to me before, but when quitting youtube tabs on my Chrome browser (windows 7 64 bit) the browser simply locks up and becomes unresponsive. Sometimes I have to force quit it, other times the Shockwave Flash plug-in simply crashes and I lose the video. I have updated to the latest Chrome and don't have any conflicting extensions. Is this related?

Has never happened to me before, but when quitting youtube tabs on my Chrome browser (windows 7 64 bit) the browser simply locks up and becomes unresponsive. Sometimes I have to force quit it, other times the Shockwave Flash plug-in simply crashes and I lose the video. I have updated to the latest Chrome and don't have any conflicting extensions. Is this related?
Uhuh.

Go onto Whirlpool (forums.whirlpool.net.au) and there is a Google Chrome thread on the 'On the Internet' board. Pretty sure someone posted a workaround near the end of the thread.

If not, avoid Chrome until they fix it if you are uploading/editing your videos.

I installed it at work cos I usually have Chrome on my 2nd monitor (which doesn't have a clock). Too hard to move my head and look at the other monitor! Anyway, I think it looks pretty neat.

Kind of OT as it's not a Chrome thing, but I use a 3rd party app (ZBar) that puts the taskbar on the second monitor, including the clock. It also keeps the icons for any windows open on the second monitor on that taskbar, which is handy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back