Gorringe: I'm disgusted, Port lied to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are Port supporters so sensitive? Stop crying for once.
Yeah. Player says the club lied to him (but won't say what), and we should just accept it as fair comment?

Saw him host a video talking to his teammates earlier this year. Rather amusing and he seemed like a bit of a lad.

Now he seems like a whiny little fu*kface with a god complex after playing all of 16 minutes for a side that's won a third of its games in its entire history.

Won't be such a big shot when he's back living in Tea Tree Gully jerking off, playing Xbox and crying (in that order), before his Mum yells out "Are you going to be home for dinner?!". Then he'll get picked up by some overweight slapper in a Daewoo Lanos who wears leopard print tights, a faux leather jacket and far too much generic Big W makeup. He'll sneak her back into his bedroom so he doesn't wake up his Mum, look in horror at the behemoth that lay before him, start weeping and regret being such a sanctimonious w*nker when he had the opportunity to make a nice living on the Gold Coast, after being a top 10 draft pick and looking towards being a possible premiership ruckman.

Silly little flog. :thumbsdown:

Why drag Groupie_ into this?

When Crows supporters are sticking up for Port it's not an argument worth having.

Could have guessed prior to reading the thread it's mainly Essendon sooks having a whinge... and the odd Eagles (Ebert is awesome thanks).

That is irrelevant, he is claiming Port told him to request a trade this year and that they would do a trade for him. Port just changed their mind when Ryder wanted to leave Essendon and left him in the lurch. GC just wanted a pick in the top 29, which isn't the hardest kind of pick to get your hands on. He would have been dead weight at Port with Ryder there and Port didn't make a realistic attempt to get him for that reason.

It is also poor form to get players from opposition clubs who have more than a year to go on their contract to request a trade.

My morning s**t today had more credibility than that comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because it's embarrassing that someone can't take any criticism about their club.

Agreed. Most precious group of fans on BigFooty these days. Glad that their club has turned it around on field and off field but it's given their supporters some sense of vain self-entitlement. Judging by half their posts you'd think they had won four premierships in a row.

Lot of people shooting off at the mouth. Oh he's naive!? Really? How old he is?

The issue is what Port told him re getting him there. Because they told Ryder he'd be a Port player and he was extremely nervous last week. Part of the Ryder deal (pick 37) was offered to GC for Gorringe. What if it was accepted? We'd never hear from Gorringe and Ryder is left out in the cold.

Port just treating humans like cattle. Ok that's how the AFL works, but don't jump up and down like knobs just because one of those cattle a reacts with a human emotion. How dare they hey!?

It's all perception. This was gonna be Ryder or Gorringe. If it was Ryder nobody would be smashing him. Leave the kid alone.

Nah Dodoro would've eaten pick 17 as a s**t sandwich and we would have had both.

My morning s**t today had more credibility than that comment.

Port supporters are the dumbest bunch of lemmings who just queue up to white knight the club no matter how stupid a decision the club makes.

Hinkley_Ken_010313.jpg

I think something fans are forgetting is, it's his life. Would not surprise me if Port convinced him to leave GC, not for his benefit, but as a plan B.

They used the kid and he has woken up to it.

People always side with the clubs and see them largely as an innocent party in disputes, but the way Port have conducted themselves at the trad table in the last few years, whilst beneficial to them is pretty reprehensible. In the case of Ebert, Polec and Ryder, they have convinced the player to bend their former clubs over and given the fallout with Gorringe, it seems that this approach shows almost a sociopathic diregard for the consequences should it not pan out.

Players beware is my suggestion. Port are asking that they burn bridges, to ensure they get kids at minimum cost. But if it doesn't pan out, or a player like Gorringe is being used, so as a backup, it will end badly for all parties but Port. Absolute scumbag behavior, and Gorringe's attitude shouldn't cloud fan perception as to what they are doing .
Surprise, surprise. A post like this from a WC player. I know we took Ebert off you but Ebert wanted to come home. Have a look at a bit of SA footy history, the Ebert family have played over 700 SANFL games. And whereas some teams would have left you with a pick in the late 30s we got our best available to you. Polec was a go-home after Brisbane gave him nothing in 2 years and we bent over backwards to give them a good trade. Same with Ryder, 17 and 37 was a good offer, it only looked difficult because Essendon dragged it out requesting one of our young guns. I would expect WC supporters to be bitter after their team missed out on finals after they threw about 4 or 5 games away with bad kicking, but it doesn't alter the truth.
Have you seen some of Gorringe's tweets? He rants at pretty much everything that doesn't please him, from trades that don't go his way(and it's the manager's responsibility to see him right, the club assumes that the manager is doing this) to late coffee shop orders.

Absolute rubbish from Gorringe. The deal fell through, just like last year when he decided to sign on at Gold Coast after nominating Port. From all accounts he sounds like a child and we've dodged a bullet.

Take a look at this on his Facebook:

Daniel Gorringe reviewed Niche Espresso and Bakehouse. 10 May at 10:29 ·
★☆☆☆☆ Shithouse, wasted 1 hour of my Saturday for you to lose my order. How the **** do you lose an order? You have 5 tables max to keep track of. They're gonna find the Malaysian aircraft before you find my order. And don't shake your head at me when I ask for my money back, bitch I'm surprised you found my money you time wasters

He is also the admin of the "Anti David Rodan" Facebook Page.

Does not sound like the person we want at our club. He is not the first player to have a trade fall through, and he won't be the last. Burned his bridges at Port, the Crows and Goldcoast.

How could you be anti David Rodan? He always seemed so friendly and harmless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back