Gorringe: I'm disgusted, Port lied to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Or you should have to trade something the other way to match salaries on the contract(s) and balance the salary cap. You know, like they've been doing simply and easily for years in other sports.

But would you really want that to be the case?

Don't you want Collingwood to have the available salary cap space to go hard at Danger?

But would you really want that to be the case?

Yes, it would make the whole trading process infinitely easier for all clubs.

Don't you want Collingwood to have the available salary cap space to go hard at Danger?

I'm not really that fussed about Dangerfield specifically, but if we were trying to trade to open up cap space, we could do so by dealing with a club like Brisbane (who had a lot of cap space at the start of the Trade Period), and take back lower salaries or draft picks in return (as we kind of did anyway).

It's really not a difficult concept (players having a general playing contract, rather than just with an individual club, requiring modification/renewal every time they change teams), and has been working in other sports for a very long time.

Port just treating humans like cattle. Ok that's how the AFL works, but don't jump up and down like knobs just because one of those cattle a reacts with a human emotion. How dare they hey!?

Coming from an essendon supporter that is pure genius, I applaud you Bunky:drunk:

It's really not a difficult concept (players having a general playing contract, rather than just with an individual club, requiring modification/renewal every time they change teams), and has been working in other sports for a very long time.

It unwise to believe you can treat employees as a transportable inanimate commodity. After all, employment is only one aspect of life. However, if that was the case, and the players didn't like it, they should be looking to find a different form of employment.

What I do find interesting, is that some/many BigFooty members have this opinion that a club (pretty much) owns a player/draftee. Yet I wonder if those same BF members would share this belief, with regards to their own employment.

Look, the balance of power should always be in favour of the employer, regardless of the industry. Unfortunately though, children are now being raised up to believe that they are entitled to power. And that having good intentions, giving your all, and having the 'skill' to set unrealistic goals, makes up for (and surpasses) a complete lack of efficient result-delivering ability. The AFLPA, like all unions, does nothing to abate this mentality.

People, in general, just need to learn their place. As the youngest of a large family (with a fair gap between myself and the second youngest), I learnt first hand (or more appropriately, first dead-arm and first split-lip), from a very young age, what happens if you don't.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
It unwise to believe you can treat employees as a transportable innate commodity. After all, employment is only one aspect of life. However, if that was the case, and the players didn't like it, they should be looking to find a different form of employment.

What I do find interesting, is that some/many BigFooty members have this opinion that a club (pretty much) owns a player/draftee. Yet I wonder if those same BF members would share this belief, with regards to their own employment.

Look, the balance of power should always be in favour of the employer, regardless of the industry. Unfortunately though, children are now being raised up to believe that they are entitled to power. And that having good intentions, giving your all, and having the 'skill' to set unrealistic goals, makes up for (and surpasses) a complete lack of efficient result-delivering ability. The AFLPA, like all unions, does nothing to abate this mentality.

Players have too much power at the moment, and there needs to be measures (such as clubs being able to trade a player wherever they like) to redress the balance and create disincentives for some of the behaviour we're seeing.

People, in general, just need to learn their place. As the youngest of a large family (with a fair gap between myself and the second youngest), I learnt first hand (or more appropriately, first dead-arm and first split-lip), from a very young age, what happens if you don't.

Physical violence is the absolute dumbest way to deal with this "problem", too.

Physical violence is the absolute dumbest way to deal with this "problem", too.

Serious? You went there? Of course violence isn't the answer.

That last part was posted in tongue and cheek. No need to mount your high horse, Damon. Put it back in the stable.

Come on, if you were a 16yo fair haired women, and your 6yo brother put food colouring in your shampoo (after being encourage by another sibling), would you really be concerned with finding a rational resolution to the problem? Or would you want to dish out hammer fists?

Put it this way, I got what I deserved.

Last edited:
Serious? You went there? Of course violence isn't the answer.

That last part was posted in tongue and cheek. No need to mount your high horse, Damon. Put it back in the stable.

Come on, if you were a 16yo fair haired women, and your 6yo brother put food colouring in your shampoo (after being encourage by another sibling), would you really be concerned with finding a rational resolution to the problem? Or would you be wanting to dish out hammer fists?

Put it this way, I got what I deserved.

And I doubt you were taught a single thing by "getting what you deserved", either. Probably just bred resentment going the other way.

No horse of any height or breed involved, just find the idea of threatening or actually hitting someone to be the dumbest form of "resolution" around. It's just caveman behaviour, and even hearing about it makes me roll my eyes.

Massively off-topic, but yeah, that's how I feel.

Take a look at this on his Facebook:

Daniel Gorringe reviewed Niche Espresso and Bakehouse. 10 May at 10:29 ·
★☆☆☆☆ Shithouse, wasted 1 hour of my Saturday for you to lose my order. How the **** do you lose an order? You have 5 tables max to keep track of. They're gonna find the Malaysian aircraft before you find my order. And don't shake your head at me when I ask for my money back, bitch I'm surprised you found my money you time wasters
What is wrong with this exactly?

If you're going to pull dirt on this guy, at least do it properly.

What is wrong with this exactly?

If you're going to pull dirt on this guy, at least do it properly.

Breaking news: customer complains about shitty service on a review site.

Maybe it's you who needs some perspective?

Belittling total strangers and calling them names, just because they were slow to serve you food or missed your order, is pretty low class behaviour, and even more petty to do it after the fact on the Internet. You can complain about service, but be civil about it.

As someone who has worked in customer service, there's a fair segment of the public (usually people in the 25-45 year old range, rather than older people or people in Gorringe's age group) that do need some perspective and a reality check in relation to how they treat and speak to people in customer service roles. It doesn't matter if you make more money than they likely do, or whether you think you're more important or better or cooler than them. They're not your personal servants, you don't own them, and you're not "above" them. They're people too, simply doing a job, and providing you with a service. The customer is not always right, and you don't have any "right" to treat them like s**t or have yourself be treated as anything more than an equal. Think of people working in customer service roles as a conduit assisting you to get what you want, rather than someone that's "beneath" you.

Last edited:
Belittling total strangers and calling them names, just because they were slow to serve you food or missed your order, is pretty low class behaviour, and even more petty to do it after the fact on the Internet. They're not your personal servants, you don't own them, and you're not "above" them. They're people too, doing a job.

Especially when you're a footballer and a lot of these types of stories get exposed to the media. Not only do they make you look bad, they make your team look bad for not reeling them in.

Belittling total strangers and calling them names, just because they were slow to serve you food or missed your order, is pretty low class behaviour, and even more petty to do it after the fact on the Internet. You can complain about service, but be civil about it.

As someone who has worked in customer service, there's a fair segment of the public (usually people in the 25-45 year old range, rather than older people or people in Gorringe's age group) that do need some perspective and a bit of a reality check in relation to how they treat and speak to people customer service roles. They're not your personal servants, you don't own them, and you're not "above" them. They're people too, simply doing a job, and providing you with a service. The customer is not always right, and you don't have any "right" to treat them like s**t or have yourself be treated as anything more than an equal. Think of people working in customer service roles as a conduit assisting you to get what you want, rather than someone that's "below" you.
well if a woman that works for the cafe rolls her eyes at a patron after being fairly called out on her crappy service, then she is a bitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well if a woman that works for the cafe rolls her eyes at a patron after being fairly called out on her crappy service, then she is a bitch.

Yeah, but calling them a "bitch" is stooping to a level below what they're doing. It's just tit for tat pettiness.

Be the bigger person. Like hitting someone, insulting them and calling them names isn't going to "teach them a lesson", it just breeds resentment going the other way. It certainly isn't going to endear you to them or make them want to do their job better.

As someone who has worked in customer service, there's a fair segment of the public (usually people in the 25-45 year old range, rather than older people or people in Gorringe's age group) that do need some perspective and a reality check in relation to how they treat and speak to people in customer service roles. It doesn't matter if you make more money than the likely do, or whether you think you're more important or better or cooler than them. They're not your personal servants, you don't own them, and you're not "above" them. They're people too, simply doing a job, and providing you with a service. The customer is not always right, and you don't have any "right" to treat them like s**t or have yourself be treated as anything more than an equal. Think of people working in customer service roles as a conduit assisting you to get what you want, rather than someone that's "beneath" you.

The person shouldn't have acted like a bitch then - he had a valid complaint, only to be met with such condensation. You're making it out like he acted much worse. While the customer doesn't have any right to treat them like s**t, it works both ways too.

As someone who has worked in customer service, there's a fair segment of the public (usually people in the 25-45 year old range, rather than older people or people in Gorringe's age group) that do need some perspective and a reality check in relation to how they treat and speak to people in customer service roles. It doesn't matter if you make more money than the likely do, or whether you think you're more important or better or cooler than them. They're not your personal servants, you don't own them, and you're not "above" them. They're people too, simply doing a job, and providing you with a service. The customer is not always right, and you don't have any "right" to treat them like s**t or have yourself be treated as anything more than an equal. Think of people working in customer service roles as a conduit assisting you to get what you want, rather than someone that's "beneath" you.

In summary: if you're always complaining about s**t customer service, there's an excellent chance that you're a s**t customer.

The person shouldn't have acted like a bitch then - he had a valid complaint, only to be met with such condensation. You're making it out like he acted much worse. While the customer doesn't have any right to treat them like s**t, it works both ways too.

His reaction is unreasonably strong and just immature. Again, be the bigger person. Combating a perceived disrespect with disrespect back solves nothing.

In summary: if you're always complaining about s**t customer service, there's an excellent chance that you're a s**t customer.

Yep.

NewLogo.jpg

A normal person reviewed Niche Espresso and Bakehouse. 10 May at 10:29 ·
★☆☆☆☆

The employees lost my order, resulting in me waiting over an hour for a coffee that didn't come. When I raised the issue and asked for a refund, the waitress rolled her eyes at me. Very disappointed with the quality of service.

And that probably means you're a s**t person. Reckon you can gather everything you need to know about a person from watching them interact with wait staff. Also, god help you if you think bad customer service is an interesting topic of conversation.

Massively off-topic, but yeah, that's how I feel.

Fair enough, however I still believe you took my post well out of context.

After all, I was talking about an immature child and adolescent. Do you seriously believe that because these events occurred, have I grown up with the sense that violence and aggressive behavior is the answer to conflict? I find that rather insulting, if this is indeed what you are inferring.

Like I said, I believe you took it out of context. So I'll place it in employment situation, using the same premise.

Siblings: Employer and employee
Food colouring in shampoo: Employee operating in/with a conflict of interest
Hammer fists: Employment termination.

Look, what I did learn from the food-colouring-in-shampoo fiasco was that my own foolish actions can lend to undesirable results that are well out of my control. If I put myself in a poor situation, I only have myself to blame. And that I must be accountable for my own actions. Look, this is arguably the most important lesson one can learn.

It seems quite obvious, that many a professional footballer, were absent the day that lesson was taught. So in fact, with regards to thread discussing Daniel Gorringe and his actions, it's not really that off topic.

how they treat and speak to people in customer service roles

The way people speak to each other (full-stop) these days, leaves a lot to be desired.

Found this from last year on Port's Facebook page.

Port Adelaide reviewed Daniel Gorringe at AFL Trade Week. 10 October 2013 at 10:29.
★☆☆☆☆ Shithouse, wasted 2 weeks of our time for you to lose our contract offer. How the **** do you lose an contract offer? You had 2 clubs max to keep track of. They're gonna find the Malaysian aircraft before we offer you another chance. And don't shake your head at us when we turn down your request for a trade in 2014, bitch I'm surprised you found our phone number you time waster.

A normal person reviews Daniel Gorringe. 10 May at 10:29 ·
★☆☆☆☆

His review was a bit over the top and insulting however he was also treated rudely and had his time wasted.

Made a few changes. Oh the hypocrisy....

Gorringe is a s**t bloke for his review yet BF posters insulting/reviewing him are all just dandy...

Fair enough, however I still believe you took my post well out of context.

After all, I was talking about an immature child and adolescent. Do you seriously believe that because these events occurred, have I grown up with the sense that violence and aggressive behavior is the answer to conflict? I find that rather insulting, if this is indeed what you are inferring.

Like I said, I believe you took it out of context. So I'll place it in employment situation, using the same premise.

No, I'm saying that it doesn't teach you anything, not that you'll grow up with a sense of violence.

The way people speak to each other (full-stop) these days, leaves a lot to be desired.

True.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back