Got any thoughts about players - Post Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Average batsman and an ordinary bowler.

The selectors are looking for something that's not there.

Selectors have clearly chosen Mitch Marsh as the one going forward, but as of right now Henriques has out performed him in FC cricket and equaled his output at test level.

Don't see which part mate? The potential for excellence in limited overs?

Yeah, I dont see what everyone else does.

Not a high wicket taker (1.7 per ODD game), not an overly economical bowler (4.95 in ODD and 5.35 in ODI's), and no offence to the bloke but he seems a bit of a one trick pony to me, relying heavily on his slower ball bouncer to fool the batsmen into a false shot.

Yeah, I dont see what everyone else does.

Not a high wicket taker (1.7 per ODD game), not an overly economical bowler (4.95 in ODD and 5.35 in ODI's), and no offence to the bloke but he seems a bit of a one trick pony to me, relying heavily on his slower ball bouncer to fool the batsmen into a false shot.
He bowls a lot at the death, more than most probably, so I think those economy rates are pretty good. I like his variations and his discipline.

Not a high wicket taker (1.7 per ODD game)

1.7 is actually pretty exceptional. Only 2 bowlers in Australian ODD history have 2 wickets per game (MacGill and NCN), and the only other ones that beat that mark are Shaun Tait, Ben Laughlin and Jake Haberfield.

And they all either have higher economy rates (MacGill and Tait) or have very comparable ones (4.93 and 4.92 for NCN and Haberfield) to Sandhu's 4.95.

I'm with Thorne here, Sandhu is going to play a stack of one day cricket for Australia

Haddin seriously doesn't give a **** about averages. His test average would probably be 50 if he did. He always does what the team needs. Selfless batsman.

Also if wasn't a keeper could've comfortably been a test 5/6.

Wasn't there a very notable occasion during the Indian walkover summer a few years back where Clarke was visibly venting his frustration on the balcony because Haddin wasn't showing any urgency in a period close to a declaration?

Pakistan have a handy little batsmen Harris Sohail in their midst.

Trent Boult is going to announce himself on the world stage.

Quentin De Kock holds the key for the South African batting line up.

That's already happened IMO. Also like the look of Sohail from what I've seen, bowled some handy off-spin in the recent ODI series in the Emirates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1.7 is actually pretty exceptional. Only 2 bowlers in Australian ODD history have 2 wickets per game (MacGill and NCN), and the only other ones that beat that mark are Shaun Tait, Ben Laughlin and Jake Haberfield.

And they all either have higher economy rates (MacGill and Tait) or have very comparable ones (4.93 and 4.92 for NCN and Haberfield) to Sandhu's 4.95.

I'm with Thorne here, Sandhu is going to play a stack of one day cricket for Australia

I just don't get it. I'll admit, he doesnt bowl many boundary balls but still goes at 5 an over. He doesnt look very threatening either.

That's already happened IMO. Also like the look of Sohail from what I've seen, bowled some handy off-spin in the recent ODI series in the Emirates.

Boult has played 14 matches. 15 wickets at 37 isnt exactly "announced" in the ODI scene. Think it may happen in the next 3 months.

I just don't get it. I'll admit, he doesnt bowl many boundary balls but still goes at 5 an over. He doesnt look very threatening either.
5 runs an over in one dayers is very good. Put that over the 50 overs is a 250 total. Most bowling teams would be pretty happy with that sort of total in a 50 over game

Boult has played 14 matches. 15 wickets at 37 isnt exactly "announced" in the ODI scene. Think it may happen in the next 3 months.

Surely his test record has to come into consideration when saying he's arrived or not though? 116 wickets in 30 tests, averaging 27 as an opening bowler is a pretty notable start to a career.

Anyone else not quite sure how to feel about Mohhamed Aamer's return?

Once in a generation talent but actions like his tear at the fabric of the game. Would be interested in people's opinions

Anyone else not quite sure how to feel about Mohhamed Aamer's return?

Once in a generation talent but actions like his tear at the fabric of the game. Would be interested in people's opinions
Can't wait for him to be back personally.

Can't wait for him to be back personally.

I'm leaning that way. Just thinking about a pak attack of aamer, khan, yasir shah and one of their other quicks ( maybe out of imran khan, mohhamed irfan, wahab riaz, or even umar gul he isn't to injury prone) would be one of the most exciting in world cricket.

Surely his test record has to come into consideration when saying he's arrived or not though? 116 wickets in 30 tests, averaging 27 as an opening bowler is a pretty notable start to a career.

We have seen first hand that examing stats across formats is silly. See Mitch Starc's red ball stats compared to his white ball stats etc.

Mic Maddinson will not make it in tests. Not mature enough IMO

E: I feel the same about Nic Maddinson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back