flight23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
Bondi
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Da Bulls
Anyone else getting tired of Penguin getting beaten up every episode? Also seemed out of character for him to leave himself vulnerable at the club like that.

Butch about to become the Reek of Gotham?

i just think this show is targeted at 10 year olds, makes things easier that way

floodbuster

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2014
Too close to the sun
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Southampton fc
Anyone else getting tired of Penguin getting beaten up every episode? Also seemed out of character for him to leave himself vulnerable at the club like that.

I did think that for a moment but then I then thought that Fish and Butch were dead so he had no real enemies around so he let his guard down.

I'm sick of The Penguin in general tbh.

Another pretty decent episode.

The relationship between Cat and Bruce is really interesting, and so is Jim and the GCPD. The ending was pretty cool as well.

However, I think the whole Don Falcone, Penguin, Fish Mooney, Marroney thing is done to death.

Hopefully they put an end to that arc soon as I'm quite sick of it.

However, I think the whole Don Falcone, Penguin, Fish Mooney, Marroney thing is done to death.

Hopefully they put an end to that arc soon as I'm quite sick of it.
Given we haven't even seen the extended Maroni and Falcone families yet, and the whole of the seedy Gotham underworld revolves around these families, they will be sticking around. For seasons, more than likely.

Given we haven't even seen the extended Maroni and Falcone families yet, and the whole of the seedy Gotham underworld revolves around these families, they will be sticking around. For seasons, more than likely.
This makes me sad.

I literally just zone out, and even fast forward at times, whenever it's a Falcone or a Marroney thing.

I said this before, but watching Cat and Bruce bond is awesome because I just imagine this scene in the future.

tumblr_m7g59a3I2D1qz9qooo1_1280.jpg

This makes me sad.

I literally just zone out, and even fast forward at times, whenever it's a Falcone or a Marroney thing.

I said this before, but watching Cat and Bruce bond is awesome because I just imagine this scene in the future.

tumblr_m7g59a3I2D1qz9qooo1_1280.jpg
You will never see that scene. Batman will more than likely never appear on the show. Maybe in the finale, that's about it.

Maroni* and Falcone plotting and scheming is much more interesting than the Catwoman/Batman shipping that clogs too many of the comics and TDKR.

You will never see that scene. Batman will more than likely never appear on the show. Maybe in the finale, that's about it.

Maroni* and Falcone plotting and scheming is much more interesting than the Catwoman/Batman shipping that clogs too many of the comics and TDKR.
Oh I know it won't happen, but I just imagine this as an actual prequel to everything else.

Oh I know it won't happen, but I just imagine this as an actual prequel to everything else.
I've never been a huge Cat-Bat shipper. I like the actress on the show though, think she does a good job.

Generally enjoy the Gordon/Bullock scenes now. They're far more interesting now. It seems that they've gotten more comfortable in their roles now, especially McKenzie (Donal has been good from the start). Happy that they seems to be phasing out Barbara atm. The Riddler is an interesting character too, and it's good to see that they're using him more. Less Bruce the better for me too.

Even though they're going with a "grittier" tone, like most comic book shows, it's a lot more enjoyable if you dont take it too seriously. Probably why I'm enjoying more than I used to.

Ep made worth it for Penguin meeting Ed
Yep that was awesome.

Also really enjoyed the 'birth' of Scarecrow, seems he could be more unhinged than Ed and Penguin which will make for interesting viewing. Also loved Penguin's opening with nobody coming. :p

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I am enjoying this show more and more, started off a bit slow but i love my DC comics and even more so how the characters came to be as this is a "prequel" before batman.

I enjoyed the story how scarecrow has come to be, also the show works better when they don't just catch one bad guy and episode. Also the i liked the interaction between Penguin and E.Nigma maybe a sign of things to come?

Also as another posted mentioned Mckenize seems to have chilled and relaxed into his role as Jim Gordon.

Back