FTA-TV Gotham

Remove this Banner Ad

How does this go for a non comic-book/superhero fan?

Still debating whether to try it out.

I think Arrow is on a par with Neighbours/Home and Away for acting/scripts - how does this compare?

I am really enjoying the show. One thing i was a bit unsure on was Alfred, however i did some reading and the explanation is that in one of the stories/universes/comics his character is much harsher and that is the tone that the show was going for.

Not sure i like it but then again he has had a total screen time of 5 mins and im still comparing him to Caine. I think ill learn to like it just need to get the Nolan trilogy out of my head before watching it.

I just think he looks odd. Like he's made of plastic or something.

Haha I don't know how to explain it. No facial expressions or something.

I don't really understand the criticism of Alfred; the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Bruce needed a strong male figure in his life before he became Batman etc., makes sense for it to be Alfred.

Besides, he will soften to Bruce eventually - the look on his face when Bruce offered up the clothes to the street kids said it all.

i-hjJh2gv-1050x10000.jpg

Im not convinced about this show or the likelihood of it surviving 3 or more seasons, this is also coming from someone that loved the TDK series. The first two episodes were ok, but Im struggling to work out how this is not really just any other new cop show.

They made mistakes with the casting and the story IMO, Bruce and Selina needed to be older. In addition they could have done a different take on Gotham instead of following the story thats been repeated over and over again. Smallville had some good seasons and that is partly because they did not follow or adhere to identically the story of Superman set years ago.

A couple of points, did his parents need to die with him so young? Why not tell the story of an older child? For starters they changed the story of his parents dying with Selina being present for it, which I was fine with. If they went with an older Bruce the writers had more scope to explore various young adult issues facing billionaire.
Yes, for me, Bruce has to be that young. He's not the focus of the show, and it keeps the nerds like me happy.
Edit- also They killed the Wayne's way too early for this show, given its a tv series the writers had the option of showing us they kind of man Wayne snr was.
I'd prefer they focus on the Alfred-Bruce relationship myself than dwell too long on Thomas Wayne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would someone mind explaining what or who is The Baloonman? I would just like to know what to expect when I watch the new episode tonight.
He/she is...
...a vigilante who handcuffs weather-balloons to corrupt members of Gotham before releasing them up into the sky.

I thought it was weird at first but I really enjoyed the concept.

Haha Professor Pyg but not him at the start so they are not just using the main Batman villains for the show. Still sad Essen isnt a cute young blonde.

i was hoping Bill Cranston to be the TV shows Arnold Flass? i got that vibe from him.

i was hoping Bill Cranston to be the TV shows Arnold Flass? i got that vibe from him.
I suppose they are already exploring the corrupt side of Gotham PD, and the grey area with Bullock, so they probably didn't feel the need to have Flass.

I enjoyed that episode, didn't expect to see another vigilante this early on but the Balloon Man delivered.

Penguin is moving up very quickly. Him wearing a suit at the end there suggests he's moved up from dish pig?

I love this show.

The Balloonman was a really good idea, that would be a pretty bad way to go out. Helplessly drifting into the air and just waiting until you get high enough so the balloon pops and then you fall to your death from a great, great height.

Oswald further intrigued, but I wanted to know what happened to that young bloke he kidnapped and held captive in the trailer he rented in the second episode, unless that was explained and I missed it???

Didn't see enough of Selina this episode though, and I was looking forward to finding out more about the Wayne's killer.

I love this show.

The Balloonman was a really good idea, that would be a pretty bad way to go out. Helplessly drifting into the air and just waiting until you get high enough so the balloon pops and then you fall to your death from a great, great height.

Oswald further intrigued, but I wanted to know what happened to that young bloke he kidnapped and held captive in the trailer he rented in the second episode, unless that was explained and I missed it???

Didn't see enough of Selina this episode though, and I was looking forward to finding out more about the Wayne's killer.
He killed him because the kids mother wouldn't pay the ransom because she thought it was a prank call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back