Goulburn Valley FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing happened at Ky last season won the flag then had a lot leave to the local leagues for coin, Tat have lost players good on them for recruiting and picking players up, what have other teams besides seymour done, have any named 4-5 recruits.......
spot on pinocchio, good on SJ for getting a couple more recruits to give tat a chance to challenge united for example

That's not a joke at all, thats great and good on them. But Tat will now look like Seymour did years ago...not many locals and 75% of blokes from out of town. Not sure if tat will embrace it as Seymour did years ago though???
If you don't have the local cattle to be competitive then you must recruit out of towners or die a slow death, You can't and won't please everyone, its the old dammed if you do, dammed if you don't...

Phillip Needleman you have no idea, good on SJ for picking up a COUPLE more he has picked up around 8 More and there all not from Tatura its as simple as that...and please can u tell me who the locals are in the senior team????

This is not about the twos boys what they did was great very tough on all of them

What this is about is there coach Steve Daniels and the club, im happy for sides to recruit but when your coach preaches that its about the locals and giving them a go than he does this. He recruits Murphy who is 36 and not that long ago was in the Herald Sun for stealing a wallet...now cmon hardly a bloke i would want at my club with the kids!!! Well done SJ...

gvfl69, I think you have missed a minor step here. Before you go around sledging a bloke on a footy forum, go and speak to him first! Find out the reasons behind his decisions before making uneducated comments. The people on this forum who know SJ will tell you his coaching credentials speak for themselves. Please do you and us a favour and speak to him first before you come on here and rubbish the guy.

Kwhit... Your getting this all wrong mate I know his credentials very well I'm a passionate gv person, his record is great I just know how small tight knit towns work and there is something about Daniels at Tatura that doesn't fit and I know it will end in tears mate. Just watch! He was great at Seymour but i wouldn't call Seymour a tight knit country town, after games at Seymour your lucky to get a player in the social rooms, so him recruiting outsiders there worked ok, plus to do what he is doing you must follow up with flags and I dont think the guys he has recruited are the players that will get them a flag hence the reason it will end in tears, they are having a crack with cash recruiting outsiders and if they don't win it he will leave that place in more trouble than ever. Seymour have battled ever since he left but the reason why it's over looked is because of the flags...what happened at Congupna? ended badly, why? Small town like Tatura, different culture than Seymour etc...sorry guys but tears will flow and possibly mid season. Watch this space...feel for the young kids there

Kwhit... Your getting this all wrong mate I know his credentials very well I'm a passionate gv person, his record is great I just know how small tight knit towns work and there is something about Daniels at Tatura that doesn't fit and I know it will end in tears mate. Just watch! He was great at Seymour but i wouldn't call Seymour a tight knit country town, after games at Seymour your lucky to get a player in the social rooms, so him recruiting outsiders there worked ok, plus to do what he is doing you must follow up with flags and I dont think the guys he has recruited are the players that will get them a flag hence the reason it will end in tears, they are having a crack with cash recruiting outsiders and if they don't win it he will leave that place in more trouble than ever. Seymour have battled ever since he left but the reason why it's over looked is because of the flags...what happened at Congupna? ended badly, why? Small town like Tatura, different culture than Seymour etc...sorry guys but tears will flow and possibly mid season. Watch this space...feel for the young kids there

Sorry gvfl69, do not respect your comments when you have just jumped on the forum and bagged a coach and club, Seymour not a tight knit club, 4 grand finals in a row, and who set it all up when we where dead and buried, and after he left we won our 3rd flag and lost the year after, you seem to me like someone causing trouble, so lets all move on champ jump on another forum and pot someone else:thumbsu::thumbsu:

If you don't have the local cattle to be competitive then you must recruit out of towners or die a slow death, You can't and won't please everyone, its the old dammed if you do, dammed if you don't...

Could not agree more jax, coachs recruit they cop it, and if they dont clubs would like to know why they have not,, :thumbsdown:

Hi guys, just after your thoughts with Sam LaPorta and Craig Whelan who both played at Mooroopna, and Tom Durwood who played at Tatura all now playing in the KDFL who do you think with equal supply would kick the most goals in the year?
Gidday Eagle, Having seen LaPorta first hand and been on the recieving end of alot of goals, he certainly can play ,Whelan is supposed to be a very good forward and playing with us this coming season so hope he kicks plenty,as for Durwood perhaps someone from Tat might have more of an idea on how he would go.. Perhaps the knowledgeable gvfl69 could shed some light on him as he is a passionate Tat supporter that goes to all their games...

Phillip Needleman you have no idea, good on SJ for picking up a COUPLE more he has picked up around 8 More and there all not from Tatura its as simple as that...and please can u tell me who the locals are in the senior team????

This is not about the twos boys what they did was great very tough on all of them

What this is about is there coach Steve Daniels and the club, im happy for sides to recruit but when your coach preaches that its about the locals and giving them a go than he does this. He recruits Murphy who is 36 and not that long ago was in the Herald Sun for stealing a wallet...now cmon hardly a bloke i would want at my club with the kids!!! Well done SJ...[/quote]

J.O'Neill, B.Lovel, P.Kirby, T.Little, T.Lanyon, J.Young, B.Hicks, J.Sullivan, L.Wellington, T.Sullivan, J.Pollard, D.Johnstone, R. Montgomery, C.Ryan, T.Miller - all locals. Pending on injuries, Tat will have approx 70-75% of our senior side local boys.
Can anyone tell me the last time a side won the flag with 100% locals playing for them?
Its unfortunate that alot of the two's boys have left and some senior boys, but each had their own reason and I hope they return to play for Tat in the near future. All of them.
As for SJ, his major fault seems to be (other than eating too many dounuts) is the fact that players from clubs he has previously coached, wants to play for him again. eg. South Cairns, Seymour, Carlton, Congupna, GV side. Well done indeed SJ !!!

I have joined this forum to let out my anger to Steve Daniels and the Tatura Football Club i have family involved at that football club (locals) and its with alot of dissapointment that i read todays Shepp News and see that Steve Daniels has recruited more and more out of towners to join the Dogs i understand how clubs work these days but to hear Daniels preach to everyone that his about promoting juniors and local people than do what he does is a total joke that guy is loosing respect quickly with a lot of LOCAL tatura people.

Can anyone tell me who are the locals that will be playing at Tat this year???

Funny how all the Local twos players have left as well to play seniors elsewere

ITS A JOKE
The Tatura AGM last night would have been the appropriate forum for airing your concerns with the coach and the recruiting strategy. You know... where people could see your face while you said your piece... rather than from the cowardly place you've chosen to launch a very personal attack.

Had you been there (i'm assuming you weren't) you would have heard SJ talk about how they tried to recruit locally before chasing Melbourne players, they just couldn't get any locals to sign up.

Instead of just complaining about it being "a joke", how about you tell us who you think they should have got instead?

The Tatura AGM last night would have been the appropriate forum for airing your concerns with the coach and the recruiting strategy. You know... where people could see your face while you said your piece... rather than from the cowardly place you've chosen to launch a very personal attack.

Had you been there (i'm assuming you weren't) you would have heard SJ talk about how they tried to recruit locally before chasing Melbourne players, they just couldn't get any locals to sign up.

Instead of just complaining about it being "a joke", how about you tell us who you think they should have got instead?

Spot on Harry-SJ knows what he's doing! I assume GVFL69 would be happy with the Bulldogs winning 6-8 games a year for the next decade. Just so easy to have a potshot -you know SJ and he has no idea who posts this garbage !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think gvfl69 is allowed to have an opinion.

Nuh not really. Haven't met these people that are apparently against SJ. Very respected bloke from what I've seen. What rubbish that tat don't have good locals, there's a great bunch of young guys coming through at tat at the moment, exciting times for the dogs.

I have joined this forum to let out my anger to Steve Daniels and the Tatura Football Club i have family involved at that football club (locals) and its with alot of dissapointment that i read todays Shepp News and see that Steve Daniels has recruited more and more out of towners to join the Dogs i understand how clubs work these days but to hear Daniels preach to everyone that his about promoting juniors and local people than do what he does is a total joke that guy is loosing respect quickly with a lot of LOCAL tatura people.

Can anyone tell me who are the locals that will be playing at Tat this year???

Funny how all the Local twos players have left as well to play seniors elsewere

ITS A JOKE
Welcome to BF , new users wishing to add their views are always welcome .
From what I've read it appears that Steve Daniels , who I don't know personally , made a delibrate attempt to recruite Tatura , surrounding area and past players last season . It appears that some of the 2011 Tat players have been offered big coin elsewhere , which Tat would appear to have deemed unrealistic and those players have signed elsewhere , a decision it appears they have made well before the knowledge that Tat had recruited players for the 2012 season ?

From what I've read very much from afar , it appears the club whilst steve Daniels has been coach , did infact attempt to involve as many locals as possible in attempt to win a premiership , something which I'm sure all clubs have as a priority .
It appears that the locals got poached and/ or weren't good enough to win a priemership so the club has recruited .
Steve Daniels experience would suggest he wouldn't be dumb enough to place recruited players infront of locals solely based on the fact they are recruited , so in the end of the day if a two players perform to the same level, a local player may be favoured at the selection table, which I wouldnt think is any different at any club ?

Nuh not really. Haven't met these people that are apparently against SJ. Very respected bloke from what I've seen. What rubbish that tat don't have good locals, there's a great bunch of young guys coming through at tat at the moment, exciting times for the dogs.

He's still allowed to say it, whether you agree with it or not.

I'm sorry if I have caused a heated discussion here but I'm allowed my thoughts as everyone else is, not at one stage have I had a crack at Steve Daniels personality or his history in footy I'm a fool to question any of them as I know his record well, what i am questioning is when he preaches one thing and he does something else, play locals, than recruits outsiders, rather confussing although it must beon his mind if he is mentioning it at the AGM.
What about Tom Durwood could arguably be the best player in the competition a local talent and yet Daniels let's him go to the kdl? You can't tell me that the money that Murphy, broadbent or Crawford are getting couldn't have been offered to Durwood for him to stay???? What would local Tatura people want Durwood running off half back or Ryan Crawford, wouldn't local sponsors and supporters rather know that there money is being spent on a local star than a import who will hang around 1 maybe 2 years at max? It's not rocket science!

phils dad I'm glad you could post 15 locals mate at Tatura but the point your missing is that you haven't factored in the 14 out of towners buddy and 15 plus 14 is 29 and only 21 play on a sat, half them locals won't be playing old mate! My whole point...

I'm sorry if I have caused a heated discussion here but I'm allowed my thoughts as everyone else is, not at one stage have I had a crack at Steve Daniels personality or his history in footy I'm a fool to question any of them as I know his record well, what i am questioning is when he preaches one thing and he does something else, play locals, than recruits outsiders, rather confussing although it must beon his mind if he is mentioning it at the AGM.
What about Tom Durwood could arguably be the best player in the competition a local talent and yet Daniels let's him go to the kdl? You can't tell me that the money that Murphy, broadbent or Crawford are getting couldn't have been offered to Durwood for him to stay???? What would local Tatura people want Durwood running off half back or Ryan Crawford, wouldn't local sponsors and supporters rather know that there money is being spent on a local star than a import who will hang around 1 maybe 2 years at max? It's not rocket science!

phils dad I'm glad you could post 15 locals mate at Tatura but the point your missing is that you haven't factored in the 14 out of towners buddy and 15 plus 14 is 29 and only 21 play on a sat, half them locals won't be playing old mate! My whole point...

Durwood had 1200 reasons as to why he went apparently so daniels couldnt stop that!!!

giveitawash mate Broadbent, Murphy, Crawford all on big coin, start reading my posts correctly wouldnt you rather give that to Durwood who will be a star, Im sure the sponsors and supporters would rather give it to Durwood than the above.

Heard brodbent on more than $1200 i know what he was getting in Melb and he wouldnt travel to Tat for less...

Carry on

giveitawash mate Broadbent, Murphy, Crawford all on big coin, start reading my posts correctly wouldnt you rather give that to Durwood who will be a star, Im sure the sponsors and supporters would rather give it to Durwood than the above.

Heard brodbent on more than $1200 i know what he was getting in Melb and he wouldnt travel to Tat for less...

Carry on

haha god your defensive mate!! I was just stating that durwood was gettin 1200 a game buddy thats all!! Will you be at the premiership celabrations if tat happen to win?? Local or not local i think you just have to deal with it or switch clubs coz thats footy these days!:cool:

I'll be there mate even if it is in 2017 when Joseph Gutnick has bailed another club out of debt...

2012 predictions:

Premiers: Rochester
Morrison Medal: Brent Colbert
Wooden spoon: Euroa
Headlines to make Shepp News throughout the year:

Steve Daniels sacked mid season.

Marc Quarel beats up Tim looby in nightclub altercation after looby gets reported for belting the goal umpire after goal was given a point. League let's him off due to the goal umpire not attending tribunal because he is still unconscious.

Brad Campbell returns to help out the cats after mass player exodus due to club not being able to pay players.

Marc McGowan proposes to Guy Campbell before the gvfl grand final.

Euroa and Benalla continue to get smashed

Tom Durwood wins KDFL league medal and gets drafted to GWS being the 1st KDFL player to be drafted

P.s also heard Shepp United are in big trouble financially, they couldn't pay players for the last 6 rounds...obviously they won the flag so who cares but rumour has it that they are in trouble!!! Watch this space I will continue to break stories :D

Marc McGowan proposes to Guy Campbell before the gvfl grand final.

Tom Durwood wins KDFL league medal and gets drafted to GWS being the 1st KDFL player to be drafted

I like the McGowan one!

But Durwood being the 1st KDL player drafted, what about Harris & Big Bad Barry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back