Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have built up pretty well but still would be spending heaps! 220-230k at a guess??
Lovick, Sidebottom, Avard, Maddern, Childs, Daniels wouldn't come cheap?
220k-230k is way off the mark I reckon that's about what the premiership teams would spend when they win a flag.. united were to be spending this over last 4 yrs and they got 2 flags.. ky would be on same level and rochy just under that I think Benalla,swans, these sought of sides be around 170k! in my eyes be hard to win a flag unless you spend 200k plus

220k-230k is way off the mark I reckon that's about what the premiership teams would spend when they win a flag.. united were to be spending this over last 4 yrs and they got 2 flags.. ky would be on same level and rochy just under that I think Benalla,swans, these sought of sides be around 170k! in my eyes be hard to win a flag unless you spend 200k plus

Rochy wouldn't be anywhere near the top sides in terms of spending! Just don't have the money to do it every year and it is a well ran club so don't go all out and bust like swans, tat and mooroopna have done in the past

Bull crap, swans would be close to biggest spending side now with what they've recruited the last 2 years. Going to be a lot of disappointed players missing out on a game this year. They don't look like stopping either!
Got under the guard last season but massive massive pressure to win it this year!

Johno you have serious rocks in your head, it's ok that Rochy spend big $$$, stop trying to play it down. You bagged Tat for spending big, it won them a flag and they don't look like they have gone bust you goose

Marco clearly in the swans camp...I agree with you that you have to spend 200 to win a flag and swans are well and truly doing that now, like ky-rochy and tat would be, pressure is on them all

Bull crap, swans would be close to biggest spending side now with what they've recruited the last 2 years. Going to be a lot of disappointed players missing out on a game this year. They don't look like stopping either!
Got under the guard last season but massive massive pressure to win it this year!
who will be the players missing out on a game at the swans barky?

Heard a whisper that Billy Lovell has been made captain at tat... Donka going for a bit of youth in the leadership group if true
I believe your whisper is accurate Jayco13 and Billy Hicks as Vice Captain. A couple of quality local boys. Johnno#7, Tat may have bottomed out a few years back but never went bust. I wish the Swans all the best, particularly with some old Tat boys like Kevin Preece & Shane Harford working hard behind the scenes.

Interesting to hear the $$$'s being talked about to win a flag. Can give you all a heads up with Ky, when you have a coach who does the job for the love of the game and the joy of the contest (not money) and have 16 of the 21 players who played in the premiership play thirds footy with the club you have a good mix.
Also Benalla even with a number of ins this season wouldn't be in the top 4/5 of spending clubs in the league. A lot of saints play for a lot less than people think.
Wouldn't read too much into the preseason games for all clubs.
Ky will be well down in numbers for all preseason games with a number of players OS for a wedding and Newman, Ogden and Emmit recovering from post season ops out for all the preseason.
Would think if Yarra put a half decent side on the park, given the large number of outs for Ky, they would win easily.

Interesting to hear the $$$'s being talked about to win a flag. Can give you all a heads up with Ky, when you have a coach who does the job for the love of the game and the joy of the contest (not money) and have 16 of the 21 players who played in the premiership play thirds footy with the club you have a good mix.
Also Benalla even with a number of ins this season wouldn't be in the top 4/5 of spending clubs in the league. A lot of saints play for a lot less than people think.
Wouldn't read too much into the preseason games for all clubs.
Ky will be well down in numbers for all preseason games with a number of players OS for a wedding and Newman, Ogden and Emmit recovering from post season ops out for all the preseason.
Would think if Yarra put a half decent side on the park, given the large number of outs for Ky, they would win easily.
most of ky's players will be available this week vs Pascoe Vale

Heard there's a new money man rolling into United, willing to through some cash around over the next 12 months. Looks like they are determined to remain in the top bracket!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd be pleasantly surprised at what those boys get, they all had big offers to leave and the club had to pay to keep them, plus all the top liners, it seems common knowledge the swans are spending $220k plus

Some calculations on the top liners alone

Lovick $1500 per week $27,000
Maddern $1500 per week $27,000
Childs $1200 per week $21,600
Sidebottom $1000 per week $18,000
Avard $1000 per week $18,000
Daniels $1000 per week $18,000
Riordan $800 per week $14,400

That's $144,000 just on them that's without sign on fees etc...they are spending BIGGGGG
In all honesty you would have no idea how much each individual 'top line' of player is on.. Your just going purely based on what you think without any education or knowledge of what the club is spending... you have to be careful with what you say because its blokes like yourself that start rumors based on presumed knowledge that is completely false..

In all honesty you would have no idea how much each individual 'top line' of player is on.. Your just going purely based on what you think without any education or knowledge of what the club is spending... you have to be careful with what you say because its blokes like yourself that start rumors based on presumed knowledge that is completely false..
C'mon buddy pull your head out of the sand, guys like lovick maddern sidebottom & co wouldn't be there for anything under $1000 a game, it's the way the game is now! People have to stop saying "oh not at my club we don't do that"..... Yes they do!

What is the obsession with what players get paid,surely it is between the player and club
Most of the posts on the GV forum are about what people are getting paid
Any chance of some practise match results
I think Lower Plenty beat Seymour by a couple of goals and Pascoe Vale beat Kyabram pretty comfortably.Any more results?

Swans beat Wodonga easily on saturday i heard
yes swans had a very good win against Wodonga bulldogs with scores at half time 15 goals to 3 then swans filtered 10 two,s players through in 2nd half and won by 8 goals in the end! Big Justin maddern was outstanding up forward with 6 goals avard 5 antoniwicz 5 also and with riordan down back and johnstone through the middle dominating it was good signs for swans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back