Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the obsession with what players get paid,surely it is between the player and club
Most of the posts on the GV forum are about what people are getting paid
Any chance of some practise match results
I think Lower Plenty beat Seymour by a couple of goals and Pascoe Vale beat Kyabram pretty comfortably.Any more results?
yes swans had a very good win against Wodonga bulldogs with scores at half time 15 goals to 3 then swans filtered 10 two,s players through in 2nd half and won by 8 goals in the end! Big Justin maddern was outstanding up forward with 6 goals avard 5 antoniwicz 5 also and with riordan down back and johnstone through the middle dominating it was good signs for swans.
That's a really good result for the Swans.I thought they were onlt a couple of players short last year and it sounds like they've picked up what they needed

Swans have Deer Park this week at princess should be a interesting match . Deer park have picked up some ex AFL talent with Brent Guerra, Ryan Houlihan, Ryan Hargrave and Brent thorton. Tat play Wondonga Bulldogs who played swans last week.

Watched some of the Saints match with Lavington. For a first up match it wasn't a bad standard. Both sides will do well in their comps.
Ky went down to a very handy Pascoe Vale side who apparently are a virtually rebuilt team from last season.
Reports were they were too mobile and moved the ball quickly. Wouldn't read too much into the result as Ky were missing Newman, Ogden, Atkins, Reeves, Gemmill, Tom Holman and had a number of last year's thirds in the line up.
Can anyone confirm the report that Nathan Beck did his ACL? If so a huge blow for the Bombers.

yes swans had a very good win against Wodonga bulldogs with scores at half time 15 goals to 3 then swans filtered 10 two,s players through in 2nd half and won by 8 goals in the end! Big Justin maddern was outstanding up forward with 6 goals avard 5 antoniwicz 5 also and with riordan down back and johnstone through the middle dominating it was good signs for swans.
Swans finished hard last year but Wodonga Bulldogs were a loooooong way off the pace.

Rochy defeated Tongala by 65 points on Friday.

Any other practice match scores/news?
Tatura def Doncaster by around 9 goals on Saturday arvo. The ressies was Doncaster by a couple of points and the thirds went down by around 10 goals. But we had a few U/16 playing and they were U/19 I think, so was a good hit out. Wang Magpies had the better of Shep Bears after that in a mixed qtr hit out....I don't take much out of 6qtr mixed ressie/senior games. Can't recall the final score of their 3rds match...recall Magpies were up by a couple of goals late in the game, but I was busy working behind the bar at the time...

Watched some of the Saints match with Lavington. For a first up match it wasn't a bad standard. Both sides will do well in their comps.
Ky went down to a very handy Pascoe Vale side who apparently are a virtually rebuilt team from last season.
Reports were they were too mobile and moved the ball quickly. Wouldn't read too much into the result as Ky were missing Newman, Ogden, Atkins, Reeves, Gemmill, Tom Holman and had a number of last year's thirds in the line up.
Can anyone confirm the report that Nathan Beck did his ACL? If so a huge blow for the Bombers.
apparently yes

What's happening with Sonny Whiting's clearance to Tat, Tatsean? I believe he is living and working in the area, but a new application doesn't appear to have been lodged. Are his old club going to pay to fly him back to Tassie each week?

Benalla played Albury today and won by about 3 goals.Both sides were close to full strength and the standard of the game was extremely high

Swans have Deer Park this week at princess should be a interesting match . Deer park have picked up some ex AFL talent with Brent Guerra, Ryan Houlihan, Ryan Hargrave and Brent thorton. Tat play Wondonga Bulldogs who played swans last week.

What was the result between Deer Park and the Swans ? Deer park are an awesome side, some would say the best line up in Metro/country footy.

What was the result between Deer Park and the Swans ? Deer park are an awesome side, some would say the best line up in Metro/country footy.
Swans went down by bout 5 goals in the end. Deer park close to full strength swans still had bout 6 or 7 out. Deer park to quick for the Swans and dictated the game. Few boys i hear trying to beat the clock to be fit to play for round 1! Some tough coaching decisions ahead .

Any reports on Rochy? I think they played Strathfieldsaye (which included Milne and Baker) yesterday.

Rochy got up by about 3 goals. Good solid game of footy with both sides having a crack. Rochy had at least 6 out with 2 weddings and a couple injured still and I'm not sure how close to full strength Strathfieldsaye were. Milne and Baker both played, Milne had plenty of shots but kicked inaccurately, whereas Baker was fairly quiet. Weeks kicked 5 in the first quarter and 6 or 7 for the day, and I think Cutriss kicked 5 for the day also. Strathfieldsaye is a good marking team and had some solid performers up forward, but I think Rochy's midfield was probably slightly on top for the day. Rochy was up by about 6 goals at half time, but Strath played well in the 3rd quarter and got the scoreboard closer but Rochy maintained their lead until the end.

Rochy got up by about 3 goals. Good solid game of footy with both sides having a crack. Rochy had at least 6 out with 2 weddings and a couple injured still and I'm not sure how close to full strength Strathfieldsaye were. Milne and Baker both played, Milne had plenty of shots but kicked inaccurately, whereas Baker was fairly quiet. Weeks kicked 5 in the first quarter and 6 or 7 for the day, and I think Cutriss kicked 5 for the day also. Strathfieldsaye is a good marking team and had some solid performers up forward, but I think Rochy's midfield was probably slightly on top for the day. Rochy was up by about 6 goals at half time, but Strath played well in the 3rd quarter and got the scoreboard closer but Rochy maintained their lead until the end.

Cheers mate, sounds like a good hit out for both teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shep United played Square at Square yesterday. Both had a few out. Square winning by 9-10 goals
Ky had great hit out against Yarrawonga, who looked pretty strong, with Fev, who had full game and Petters, 3/4ers. also big redhead ruckman from Williamstown in VFL looked good.

great practice match, nothing in it till Ky kicked away by couple of goals in the end, with couple playing first game in Reeves (big year ahead of him after great final series) and Oggie(early resumption from surgery over year end). Ky still had probably at least 7 not playing, with Paulo and Dookie main two. Morgs did huge job on Fev for full game, just what Ky needed to build to start of year.

Ky had great hit out against Yarrawonga, who looked pretty strong, with Fev, who had full game and Petters, 3/4ers. also big redhead ruckman from Williamstown in VFL looked good.

great practice match, nothing in it till Ky kicked away by couple of goals in the end, with couple playing first game in Reeves (big year ahead of him after great final series) and Oggie(early resumption from surgery over year end). Ky still had probably at least 7 not playing, with Paulo and Dookie main two. Morgs did huge job on Fev for full game, just what Ky needed to build to start of year.

Watched Echuca V Sandhurst yesterday. Pretty low scoring and ball spent a lot of time between the two 50's. Echuca have the makings of a side that could win 4-8 games. Pollock, Wilkinson,Stevens all very good players and throw in the new full forward from Newman? and the new recruit from Altona they have a solid foundation. Ground was in great condition and there is a good feeling around the club...so here's hoping for an improved season!

Yarra played about last 10mins with only 16. Started last quarter with 17. Had a few guys that had too leave early. Considering both sides had a few out, intensity was still up there for a praccy game.

Surely Euroa can't be slipping under everyone's radar at the minute? They have picked up some absolute guns and could do a Benalla this year! They will finish top 6 I believe

Surely Euroa can't be slipping under everyone's radar at the minute? They have picked up some absolute guns and could do a Benalla this year! They will finish top 6 I believe
Who have euroa picked up this year to catapult them that far up the ladder?

Snowman 12

Euroa have picked up:

Andrew Doxey-GUN
Nathan Gilliand-GUN
Robert Hale-Very good player (Darwin)
Anthony Long-Former Essendon Player-GUN
Patty Horsborough-GUN
Daniel Mowat-GUN
Clint Mckay-V Town-Handy

And a few others iv heard plus they get a couple of there VFL Boys full time

GAME ON Euroa I think

Snowman 12

Euroa have picked up:

Andrew Doxey-GUN
Nathan Gilliand-GUN
Patty Horsborough-GUN
Daniel Mowat-GUN
Clint Mckay-V Town-Handy

GAME ON Euroa I think

Marcus Varley there too is he?

Snowman 12

Euroa have picked up:

Andrew Doxey-GUN
Nathan Gilliand-GUN
Patty Horsborough-GUN
Daniel Mowat-GUN
Clint Mckay-V Town-Handy

GAME ON Euroa I think

Definition - GUN - game changer capable of winning a game from their own boot and being able to drag other players up with them.

result : You have 2-3 the rest will be serviceable.

Definition - GUN - game changer capable of winning a game from their own boot and being able to drag other players up with them.

result : You have 2-3 the rest will be serviceable.

very general to say gun for all the players. where have all the boys played and what have they done? anyone know background on the players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back