Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would think that Stewart, Beattie, Auld and even Bowen would all have some interest in the role. I'd think Rochy would have some irons in the fire. Will be an interesting appointment! Would Dirty go back if he was approached?

Wonder if Ben Duscher's AFL prospects have diminished enough for him to consider a coaching role back at a club he has said on record that he would like to play at again?

Hank, You started off a couple of weeks ago with Ringo in for the job and then reversed the truck up so fast it crashed. Can still hear the reverse beepers going with the retraction happening at pace. So in reality any chance now the announcement of Chopper has happened?
Not sure what you were reading a couple of weeks ago, and where any back pedalling has come from GG?? As mentioned earlier, it was Cam Stewart I was referrring to weeks ago and that hasnt changed. When someone asked if it was Ringo I was referring to, I gave a flat answer of 'NO'. I had also heard the Duscher one doing the rounds since then.

Anybody else read the article about Scott Watson in the shepp news on Friday? Think it was written by Oliver Caffrey whoever that is! But anyway was claiming that Scott would be only the 2nd player to play 400 games in the gv and now sits only 10 games behind tank McPhee.
So many things wrong with this article. I'm sure their would be many guys from around the league who have played 400 club games. Just a rubbish article, tanks games all in seniors so don't think anyone could seriously think Scott in closing in on his record!

Well Shane clearly you know the answer to this question but here goes: 89 Rochy lost to United under Van der Veer. 90 they lost to Euroa under Van der Veer. 91 Rochy didn`t make it under Van der Veer. 92 Rochy beat Tatura under David (as you call him) 93 Shep beat Rochy after the siren. I reckon he lost to Echuca in 97 and Tat in 98 before beating United in 99. Lost to Echuca in 2001 & 2002. Won at Kyabram in 2012 /2013. Lost in 2010 & 2011. Could easily be wrong Shane as that`s just a rough guess = 4
No sarcasm intended. David has been and is a great of country footy. Was actually trying to ascertain how many he has won and lost. I believe making a GF is a fantastic achievement. Only ever won one so i take my hat off to him. All that said I'm backing Benalla - no attachment, but they look a monty!!

No sarcasm intended. David has been and is a great of country footy. Was actually trying to ascertain how many he has won and lost. I believe making a GF is a fantastic achievement. Only ever won one so i take my hat off to him. All that said I'm backing Benalla - no attachment, but they look a monty!!

No worries Warnie. I think I finally managed to get it right with three from ten attempts for Dave. Been out of the GV for many years myself, but watch with great interest and get back when possible. Benalla are clearly a gun side and well coached, so look forward to seeing them perform well in the finals and potentially win their 1st GF in the GV. You reckon Bradie Green might be feeling a little awkward about now, watching his home town undefeated this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No worries Warnie. I think I finally managed to get it right with three from ten attempts for Dave. Been out of the GV for many years myself, but watch with great interest and get back when possible. Benalla are clearly a gun side and well coached, so look forward to seeing them perform well in the finals and potentially win their 1st GF in the GV. You reckon Bradie Green might be feeling a little awkward about now, watching his home town undefeated this year?

Green wouldn't have played with three quarters of that team. I don't think he has been there for 3-4 years ( Eaglehawk and Rochy x 2)
How many times have we seen an undefeated team lose a grand final? Benalla will go through undefeated so pressure will start to mount from now as they are now carrying the weight of expectation.

Benalla are definitely the team to beat. just a point though, they did win the GV flag in 1940 then after the war switched to the OM. Flags in 53, 62, 63 and 73 as the Demons, were achieved though clearly its a long time between drinks for Benalla. I don't think anyone would begrudge them success.
As we know injuries play a huge role in shaping wins in finals. Benalla are in a great position in this regard. With Ky, the stars don't seem to be lining up for them this year. Lost Beck for the year in the preseason, lost Morris after the first game, have lost Linton for the season a fortnight ago and now have lost Mueller for the season with a shoulder. Not good omens for dirty.

Green wouldn't have played with three quarters of that team. I don't think he has been there for 3-4 years ( Eaglehawk and Rochy x 2)
How many times have we seen an undefeated team lose a grand final? Benalla will go through undefeated so pressure will start to mount from now as they are now carrying the weight of expectation.

Seem to recall reading about some criticism from Luke Mogan when Green signed with the Tigers. Think he was either working in Echuca or Bendigo and travelling. Luke suggested that he could easily be travelling back to Benalla instead. He may not have known the exact geography in relation to the GV in his first pre-season when making those comments.

There are enough details already on here for you to put it all together Blueboy
Well since this groundbreaking news was announced, absolutely nothing has happened to verify it's truth. No omissions or delistings of any note. Similar to the Warburton rumour, no-one can back it up with any substance. On a totally different subject I will give you a few offerings:
My Favourite Carlton footballer: Ken Sheldon
My Favourite author: Sidney Sheldon
My Favourite actor off Big Bang Theory: Sheldon Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back