Status
Not open for further replies.

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Unfortunately Pez has had a unlucky run, Moony wouldn't be in the best and Dohnt and Ollie would still get a gigg in the GVFL, there would be a number that any team would love to have and maybe 2-3 to be unsure about. I never said LBU would win but it would be interesting with what could happen
I'll tell you what would happen..a mediocre Rochy would beat LBU by 10 goals without breaking into a sweat!

I agree HDFL does not touch the GVFL, but some of the money now starting to flow through clubs will have them becoming a higher class league soon enough, ranking doesn't do them justice because they aren't strict on players who don't play interleague or attend training as some leagues would suspend if that is the case, I believe LBU and North Bendigo are dragged down by the league and would be a surprise package at full strength. After seeing some GVFL matches i can not agree, they would not come last with the players they have on list at the moment. Would certenly be a game watching.
Rochester $1.50
LBU $3.

I'll take the $1.50

Can i have 6figures on it?
Easier than bank interest

Kbox

Draftee
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Has anyone ever imagined a super league? This would never ever happen but who would you have in the league...
Mine would Include:
Albury Tiger's
Benella Saints
Strathfieldsaye storm
Rumbalara (may struggle)
Lockington Bamawm United
North Bendigo
Kerang
Kyabram
Shep Swans
Rochester
Golden Square
Imperials
Yarrawonga Pigeons
I like how Rumbalara "might struggle" but you seem confident with LBU

Nothing wrong with supporting your local team but let's not waste everyone's time with this crap. Albury seconds would beat half the sides you have listed.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Has anyone ever imagined a super league? This would never ever happen but who would you have in the league...
Mine would Include:
Albury Tiger's
Benella Saints
Strathfieldsaye storm
Rumbalara (may struggle)
Lockington Bamawm United
North Bendigo
Kerang
Kyabram
Shep Swans
Rochester
Golden Square
Imperials
Yarrawonga Pigeons
1. No
2. Echuca , Rochester , Kyabram , tatura , benalla , Mansfield , Seymour , shepp swans , shepp , mooroopna , shepp United , euroa ,

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
It's all of comparing apples to oranges. Over the past few seasons I have viewed quite a few GVFL, OMFNL, KDFL, HDFL and VAFA Premier matches and each seems to have its own style of footy. We can always fantasise but the real challenge is to make sure that country footy stays healthy and puts on a good show in the years to come.

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
All are unique footy leagues in their own right wih varying degrees of finance and populace. The cycle of country footy needs this to happen as good kids from say the HDFL move to say the GVFL to test themselves, while older blokes move back to coach, or return home to play out their careers. Without that cycle all country leagues will be less healthy. As you say, best to compare apples with apples.

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
If they wanted a super league type thing, they could follow the VCFL's interleague model. The top 32 leagues supply their premier and the teams play a knock-out series over the first two to three months of the season with the final being in July.

Or they could just grab the top four teams of the best eight ranked leagues (Geelong, GV, Peninsula, O&M, Ballarat, Bendigo, Hampden and Murray) and have a 32-club knock out series.

Not sure if it would work though. It would require a lot of travel around Victoria for clubs (and their supporters) and clubs are probably keener to win their local league. Maybe a big money prize and the final is a curtain raiser to an AFL game at the MCG would get the clubs on board. But still, doubt it would ever happen.

Cec Bull

Debutant
Jul 31, 2009
Seymour
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep! Kyabram and Tatura are winners for me.
Seems mad not tipping the 2 top teams all year, but finals are a new season and ky and Tat I think are the improves.
Absolutely no surprise if I'm proved wrong.
On a different front the Benalla pres offered the Seymour club an apology
Of sorts, apparently it was a s**t sandwich! Nice stuff on the outside but not so nice through the middle

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Congrats ringo on going back to back, looking at the final score I presume it was not as nerve racking as this day last year :D

marcopolo

Senior List
Jan 15, 2012
shepparton
AFL Club
Sydney
A lot of people on here got it wrong by picking ky? Not sure what they base that on, yeh have grand final expierence but are they as hungry as Benalla after winning it last year. don't think anybody is going to stop the saints train but swans look like the only team most likely

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
A lot of people on here got it wrong by picking ky? Not sure what they base that on, yeh have grand final expierence but are they as hungry as Benalla after winning it last year. don't think anybody is going to stop the saints train but swans look like the only team most likely

Yep, I think they have pretty much put aside any doubt about their favourtism this year. I put my hand up as i got it wrong as did a couple of others who picked Ky. Foxtrot was partly right though as there was no boil over!!

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
In the past six or seven years, a few teams have won the granny after coming through the preliminary final - Rochy in 2008, Mansfield in 2009 - but Benalla looks very, very hard to beat from here.

Bowled Shane

Debutant
May 30, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
In the past six or seven years, a few teams have won the granny after coming through the preliminary final - Rochy in 2008, Mansfield in 2009 - but Benalla looks very, very hard to beat from here.
Just wondering - should the GV drop back to a top five. Not a big fan of the six. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back