Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news for the Saints that Mellington has resigned, Benalla has no doubt had to dig deep to counter the Albury offer. Interesting to hear that now they have missed out on Mellington they have their sights set on Jason Eagle. Lavington is on the prowl for a key Saint mid fielder - any guess as to who?
In the bigger picture for the league, would it appear that there are more losses in terms of quality players than gains?
Thinking of the IL with Geelong, some key outs from last years IL team must be making Trav nervous. Whilst most teams are chasing hard to finalise lists, some great players moving on from the GV.

Couple of us got a bit of a belting when this first happened and was brought up on here, as it was supposedly all made up, all out now.

November 14 2014
Riverine Herald
A Horsham man will face court next month over an assault at Echuca’s American Hotel on July 26.
The matter of Sean Christopher, 21, was listed for mention in Echuca Magistrates Court on Tuesday .
However, it was adjourned to December 9.
His co-accused, Echuca’s Simon Buckley, 27, was also listed to appear, but failed to attend.
A warrant was issued for his arrest.
Buckley is charged with intentionally/recklessly causing injury and unlawful assault and Christopher is charged with intentionally/recklessly causing injury, assault by kicking and unlawful assault.
It follows the alleged assault of a 29-year-old Echuca man at the hotel during the Winter Blues Festival weekend.

Great news for the Saints that Mellington has resigned, Benalla has no doubt had to dig deep to counter the Albury offer. Interesting to hear that now they have missed out on Mellington they have their sights set on Jason Eagle. Lavington is on the prowl for a key Saint mid fielder - any guess as to who?
In the bigger picture for the league, would it appear that there are more losses in terms of quality players than gains?
Thinking of the IL with Geelong, some key outs from last years IL team must be making Trav nervous. Whilst most teams are chasing hard to finalise lists, some great players moving on from the GV.
Couple of us got a bit of a belting when this first happened and was brought up on here, as it was supposedly all made up, all out now.

November 14 2014
Riverine Herald
A Horsham man will face court next month over an assault at Echuca’s American Hotel on July 26.
The matter of Sean Christopher, 21, was listed for mention in Echuca Magistrates Court on Tuesday .
His co-accused, Echuca’s Simon Buckley, 27, was also listed to appear, but failed to attend.
Buckley is charged with intentionally/recklessly causing injury and unlawful assault and Christopher is charged with intentionally/recklessly causing injury, assault by kicking and unlawful assault.
It follows the alleged assault of a 29-year-old Echuca man at the hotel during the Winter Blues Festival weekend.

Yep ..I reckon we got a clip behind the ears Hank! Not great! Believe there could be some movement with the Tat job today!!

Yep ..I reckon we got a clip behind the ears Hank! Not great! Believe there could be some movement with the Tat job today!!

Leigh Crossman who you hearing likely to coach Tat, Ringo..?

On your point about finding it harder to attract a coach, I'm sure player prices, the decease in player loyalty, but also the increased pressure on coaches to perform, have all played a part. In fact, the level of scrutiny you copped (on bigfooty) when you coached Echuca would've been enough for a few blokes to walk away.

It's been a credit to you that you've stuck at it, gone away and learnt at a higher level & now progressed to a full-time role. Good luck with it.

Leigh Crossman who you hearing likely to coach Tat, Ringo..?

On your point about finding it harder to attract a coach, I'm sure player prices, the decease in player loyalty, but also the increased pressure on coaches to perform, have all played a part. In fact, the level of scrutiny you copped (on bigfooty) when you coached Echuca would've been enough for a few blokes to walk away.

It's been a credit to you that you've stuck at it, gone away and learnt at a higher level & now progressed to a full-time role. Good luck with it.

Haha....plenty of keyboard coaches about mate..but thanks. Yeah hearing that he is right in the mix and would be a great choice...no doubt you saw what he did up north?

Was he ever involved/ play at Leitchville/Gunbower?

Yeh, he coached there for at least one season then coached Tiwi Bombers in the NTFL for 2-3 seasons, leading them to a premiership & runners-up in a dominant period for the club. Was an assistant coach in the VFL this year but I had heard he was considering a role at essendon FC. He's a teacher so may be to relocate to the area if he accepted the Tat role.

Think he played most of his juniors at Echuca.

November 14 2014
Riverine Herald
Think you better be very careful with this post. Buckley was not arrested as you obviously hope he does by trying to be a big head hank and pre empt court matters. You along with the riv herald might need to put in an apology for posting incorrect information in the public domain. Expect the Riv to have a retraction and will wait for yours. Buckley was never issued with a warrant as reported, He was not required to attend as the matter had been postponed. Best you stay out of being the public judge and let the courts do their job. Ringo might want to also be careful commenting when he can ask many still involved at the club and he would get the information required to form a calculated opinion. Let the courts do their work and time will tell.

Yeh, he coached there for at least one season then coached Tiwi Bombers in the NTFL for 2-3 seasons, leading them to a premiership & runners-up in a dominant period for the club. Was an assistant coach in the VFL this year but I had heard he was considering a role at essendon FC. He's a teacher so may be to relocate to the area if he accepted the Tat role.

Think he played most of his juniors at Echuca.

Thought I remembered the name. I'm sure he was there while I was still at home at Lalbert. Not sure he coached though.

I think to be fair Lip Service, Hank was commenting on the hiding he and others copped in this forum earlier this year when they quite correctly did not name specific names in a public forum when they quite possibly knew them. No harm done there. Others on the forum hammered them for not using names. Credit to them. No harm in posting a published article naming names as it is already in the public arena, so while i agree that the course of the law will play out and perhaps the Riverene Herald will make a retraction at the bottom of page 5 one day I think you should get your ducks and drakes in line before you post veiled nonsense like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for answering for hank. Best you get a room. My question is why does he have to post it at all ? No public gain in doing so and justifying his earlier posts at someone else's expence. Poor form I would say. By the way I'm privy to the facts just for the record. Not going to discuss then on here. Let the courts do the work, nothing thinly veiled about that. Suggest you get back in your box.

Thanks for that lip sevice. I suggest you read through this forum over the year and you will see that people on here (including Hank, whoever he is) never named anyone. Now the Riverine Herald has. Yes, the courts will do their work and the laws of the land will prevail. You are privy to the facts, so I am sure we will see an innocent outcome. Happy trails! Now you seem to be an expert in boxes ... : -)

Thanks for that lip sevice. I suggest you read through this forum over the year and you will see that people on here (including Hank, whoever he is) never named anyone. Now the Riverine Herald has. Yes, the courts will do their work and the laws of the land will prevail. You are privy to the facts, so I am sure we will see an innocent outcome. Happy trails! Now you seem to be an expert in boxes ... : -)
I never said it will be an innocent outcome so don't put words in my mouth. Just don't agree that it should be played out on here. Surely you would not like this same situation to be played out like this if this was you. Especially when things are reported incorrectly and people like hank get great satisfaction out of it by reposting stuff and trying to justify himself for doing so (read his first comments).., Grossly unfair I would think. Any way let's wait and see.

Think you better be very careful with this post. Buckley was not arrested as you obviously hope he does by trying to be a big head hank and pre empt court matters. You along with the riv herald might need to put in an apology for posting incorrect information in the public domain. Expect the Riv to have a retraction and will wait for yours. Buckley was never issued with a warrant as reported, He was not required to attend as the matter had been postponed. Best you stay out of being the public judge and let the courts do their job. Ringo might want to also be careful commenting when he can ask many still involved at the club and he would get the information required to form a calculated opinion. Let the courts do their work and time will tell.

Not sure where you are heading with this Lip Service? Cam Valentine..thoughts?

So far we have Whiting, Lanyon ( O/S), Wellington, J Sullivan, T Sullivan, McGough, Wall, Broadbent, and Young all gone from Tat going by posts. The new coach better be announced shortly to stop the exodus or at least start recruiting. This may well be the reason its taken so long to announce as with the amount going out the door may have a few thinking its going to be a bit harder than first thought. There isnt alot of depth to call on from reserves or 18's going by this year so its looking very hard to replace this many in a short term recruiting window.

Wall and Mcgough have signed for next year , Lanyon will only miss a few games havnt heard Jayden Young has left would only be for work if he did , Tom Sullivan will be back in 2016 , new coach will.be anounced this week .

Have heard that another Bulldog midfielder will not be there next year. Signing with a Murray League club.
Wall and Mcgough have signed for next year , Lanyon will only miss a few games havnt heard Jayden Young has left would only be for work if he did , Tom Sullivan will be back in 2016 , new coach will.be anounced this week .
What tatura player is heading to nurmurkah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back