Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of good replies on this forum and agree with you all. Was more pointing to him being relatively young in age with good footy ahead of him as left the AFL to early, but agree with Mark Blake as similar situation I guess. Robertson was past his best as over 30 but agree was a great get and played for the jumper. Fraser was past his best surely..
Anyway good conversation boys..

Ringo, I'm not a friend of Shermo but been following Pascoe Vale over last couple of years and just found it frustrating when clubs go to a lot of effort to recruit (and pay good money incl big sign on) good players and then they give you very little on game day or worst don't even play. Footy is a business these days. I know its only 1 player but the player was assistant coach and captain. Was good in pre season but disappointing from rd1.
Hope you are starting to feel a little bit better now you have that off your chest turbos mail. I tend to believe Ringo may be onto something in regards to yours and Sherman's relationship. Sounds like your heart has been broken:-(
Regardless of that we know the edfl is very strong, so I'm not sure why you thought you had to start up a new alias yesterday and persist trying to have a pissing comp with us to see whose dick is bigger.

Hope you are starting to feel a little bit better now you have that off your chest turbos mail. I tend to believe Ringo may be onto something in regards to yours and Sherman's relationship. Sounds like your heart has been broken:-(
Regardless of that we know the edfl is very strong, so I'm not sure why you thought you had to start up a new alias yesterday and persist trying to have a pissing comp with us to see whose dick is bigger.

Ok next year,
Have a good one and all the best to you all from the Turbo.. I'm going back to the EDFL forum as you guys get very personal.

Go the KY boys. Might venture down to a game this year and have a few frothies. Might see if I can sneak into the viewing box at KY.

Over & out..

Hearing Echuca are going to roll out a couple of very handy recruits this week. One in particular will certainly raise some eyebrows . Building nicely are the Murray bombers.

Hearing Echuca are going to roll out a couple of very handy recruits this week. One in particular will certainly raise some eyebrows . Building nicely are the Murray bombers.

Hey Lip service,
We are all cloaked in anominity on here mate so why not post the alleged names of players recruited rather than a nothing post like this?

Hey Lip service,
We are all cloaked in anominity on here mate so why not post the alleged names of players recruited rather than a nothing post like this?
Lip Service it seems is very closely connected to an old mate of mine 'Overtheborder" ???. Echuca would be disappointed to miss finals in 2015! Benalla, Rochy seem to be along way in front followed by United...Ky (if the Shermanator can bring it together) Swans so 5th/6th between Mooroopna, Echuca, Seymour. The rumours are the Lions are securing quiet a list in the last couple of weeks! Have heard Dan Connors could be in the mix Echuca but I could be way off the mark.

Come on Lippy old son what is happening? If this was Simon Buckley you would be all over this like a rash,

Lip Service it seems is very closely connected to an old mate of mine 'Overtheborder" ???. Echuca would be disappointed to miss finals in 2015! Benalla, Rochy seem to be along way in front followed by United...Ky (if the Shermanator can bring it together) Swans so 5th/6th between Mooroopna, Echuca, Seymour. The rumours are the Lions are securing quiet a list in the last couple of weeks! Have heard Dan Connors could be in the mix Echuca but I could be way off the mark.

Hey Ringo, you seem to be the person in the know..

If a player from Melb around 25yrs was looking at country options which is the better comp, Ovens & Murray or GVFL? Which comp is more level between first to last?

I guess the GVFL clubs are closer to Melb and the money on offer is pretty similar in both comps so just after your views bud..

Thanks

Ringo who have Echuca recruited to date and lost? Apart from the potential two that have been spoken about on here
Lost Stevens but picked up a young bloke from leitchville, Jake Wilkinson is returning from Numurkah, Simon Buckley's brother from Ormond,and Beattie! Interesting to Ash Lancaster has signed with Mooroopna. Apparently he can play a bit?

Lost Stevens but picked up a young bloke from leitchville, Jake Wilkinson is returning from Numurkah, Simon Buckley's brother from Ormond,and Beattie! Interesting to Ash Lancaster has signed with Mooroopna. Apparently he can play a bit?
Ash was in my Thursday afternoon reading/study group. Top netballer and could probably get a kick at a pinch as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I still think the O&M but Geelong a great comp too, have GV next in line. The problem with the O&M is that Albury basically field a VFL team each year and the bottom few clubs seem to be there for a while.

Thanks Ringo,
I haven't watched any O&M or GFL but seems like a fair assessment.

Cheers guys and bring on the footy...

Mate I still think the O&M but Geelong a great comp too, have GV next in line. The problem with the O&M is that Albury basically field a VFL team each year and the bottom few clubs seem to be there for a while.
Geelong FL have smashed both GVFL and Mornington Peninsula League in the last 2 years. Best league in Victoria by a long way, and not a lot of ex AFL players play interleague for them. Scarlett in 2013, and I think Joel Corey in 2014. They rely on home grown to get them where they are. Local team Sth Barwon also one of the best local teams, match up with any Melbourne metro teams or country teams.

Geelong FL have smashed both GVFL and Mornington Peninsula League in the last 2 years. Best league in Victoria by a long way, and not a lot of ex AFL players play interleague for them. Scarlett in 2013, and I think Joel Corey in 2014. They rely on home grown to get them where they are. Local team Sth Barwon also one of the best local teams, match up with any Melbourne metro teams or country teams.

Agree with recent results as you say the GFL have beaten the GVFL at last start in 2013 at Skilled Stadium ( when GV ranked No. 1) though pretty certain they defeated an understrength GV side that year. My undetstanding is the GVFL play Geelong footy league at Deakin Reserve this year on the 23rd May. Bragging rights after than one i reckon footyman....

Fair call, hard to judge by inter league as some of the best players (Ex AFL, VFL or local) don't play in those games. But without watching any O&M or GFL over last 5 years I would say its 1-O&M, 2-GFL, EDFL and GVFL battle for 3rd & 4th. Would say not much between them but quality of footy and gap between 1st and last on the ladder. I'm sure good players don't like uneven competitions but do like good surfaced grounds, good facilities and good crowds..

Anyway good discussion which there might not be a true answer..

Cheers

Fair call, hard to judge by inter league as some of the best players (Ex AFL, VFL or local) don't play in those games. But without watching any O&M or GFL over last 5 years I would say its 1-O&M, 2-GFL, EDFL and GVFL battle for 3rd & 4th. Would say not much between them but quality of footy and gap between 1st and last on the ladder. I'm sure good players don't like uneven competitions but do like good surfaced grounds, good facilities and good crowds..

Anyway good discussion which there might not be a true answer..

Cheers
The EDFL are classified as a metropolitan league turbo. Reckon the Easten and Northern league folk might might object to you putting the EDFL ahead of them mate!

The EDFL are classified as a metropolitan league turbo. Reckon the Easten and Northern league folk might might object to you putting the EDFL ahead of them mate!

G'day Silver Tongue, yeah I'm aware of metro v country mate, just wanted to discuss the ratings as a whole (not including the a amos) Yeah the NFL and EFL might have different opinions but I reckon I'm on the money.
Ok enough now let's talk footy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back