Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to have a crack at the Shepp News/ Riv Herald websites.....must be the worst in the state. The Shepp News were banging on about some big GVFL news in todays paper on twitter last night! Go to the website of the Shepp News and it hasn't been updated since Jan 16!

Couldn't agree more

Having seen quite a bit of O & M footy over the years, its interesting to hear it being rated the best league. Certainly Albury put together a great side, as does Yarra with Lavi pushing but from there it falls away badly. Interesting to note the success of GV sides over their O & M opponents last pre season, ( both albury and Yarra lost to GV sides) not that this is always a great guide. The point I make is it is always difficult to align the leagues. GV has 12 clubs, O &M 10, GV has had a number of different clubs win flags over the past 6 -8 years , with a majority of clubs being involved in finals over a 5/6 year rotation, O & M basically 2 play if GF at least over the past 6 years and the rest struggle, GV has performed well overall I n interleague footy , O & M's form has been mixed been mixed, dropping as low as 5th, the standard of both leagues is good, O and M IMOP have greater depth, particularly with Yarra and the Albury sides with their top reserves sides certainly being above a GV standard. Money wise the top O and M sides would outbid the GV but on an overall spread across the clubs would think it would be pretty even.
So where does it leave us in comparison.. buggered if I know, all I can say is that I have attended some great games in both leagues, both leagues have gun players who would be stars wherever they played. What I can say for certain is that there isn't much difference in temp at Mansfield on a winters day compared to Bunton park!!

Having seen quite a bit of O & M footy over the years, its interesting to hear it being rated the best league. Certainly Albury put together a great side, as does Yarra with Lavi pushing but from there it falls away badly. Interesting to note the success of GV sides over their O & M opponents last pre season, ( both albury and Yarra lost to GV sides) not that this is always a great guide. The point I make is it is always difficult to align the leagues. GV has 12 clubs, O &M 10, GV has had a number of different clubs win flags over the past 6 -8 years , with a majority of clubs being involved in finals over a 5/6 year rotation, O & M basically 2 play if GF at least over the past 6 years and the rest struggle, GV has performed well overall I n interleague footy , O & M's form has been mixed been mixed, dropping as low as 5th, the standard of both leagues is good, O and M IMOP have greater depth, particularly with Yarra and the Albury sides with their top reserves sides certainly being above a GV standard. Money wise the top O and M sides would outbid the GV but on an overall spread across the clubs would think it would be pretty even.
So where does it leave us in comparison.. buggered if I know, all I can say is that I have attended some great games in both leagues, both leagues have gun players who would be stars wherever they played. What I can say for certain is that there isn't much difference in temp at Mansfield on a winters day compared to Bunton park!!

I have seen a few games in both comps and I think you are right. The top 3 O&M sides might all have Benalla covered but the next 7 sides drop off in a big way and GV sides could easily fill the next 7 or 8 spots on a combined ladder.

I have seen a few games in both comps and I think you are right. The top 3 O&M sides might all have Benalla covered but the next 7 sides drop off in a big way and GV sides could easily fill the next 7 or 8 spots on a combined ladder.
Ye fair call , as far as competition goes gvfl a lot more even which is what you want !

G'day Boys,

How does this ruckman Reeves go? I hear he has gone from KY to Marby Park. Did he win their B&F last year?
I thought that "star" Tom Sheldon won the B&F.

Thanks!

G'day Boys,

How does this ruckman Reeves go? I hear he has gone from KY to Marby Park. Did he win their B&F last year?
I thought that "star" Tom Sheldon won the B&F.

Thanks!

Not sure if he won the B&F at Kyabram last year Turbo but he can certainly play. More the old style big bodied version than the modern mobile one, but can take a grab and knows the game. Has been well coached.

Not sure if he won the B&F at Kyabram last year Turbo but he can certainly play. More the old style big bodied version than the modern mobile one, but can take a grab and knows the game. Has been well coached.
Didn't win the b&f Liam Ogden did . Jake is a good ruckman very good at the stoppages , the smaller grounds in melb will suit him , just needs to work hard on his fitness as he gets older.

Just want to have a crack at the Shepp News/ Riv Herald websites.....must be the worst in the state. The Shepp News were banging on about some big GVFL news in todays paper on twitter last night! Go to the website of the Shepp News and it hasn't been updated since Jan 16!
The riv is to interested in council politics these days to write anything decent or work on their webiste .

I hear L/G aren't too happy with the Beatie announcement.
They thought they had him over the line and he also was helping to recruit a few.
I know that he spoke to a lot of clubs in the region! Anyway Echuca have signed ex Bendigo Gold player and Lockington product Lachie Collins. Word was he was going to Rochester

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on Jason Eagle boys, how long does he usually stay at clubs for and is a quality player? Hear he beats up on the lower sides but can be unreliable against the better sides in the top leagues... understand he demands big coin and an easy job has he has a trade I believe. Does this sound right??

Just on Jason Eagle boys, how long does he usually stay at clubs for and is a quality player? Hear he beats up on the lower sides but can be unreliable against the better sides in the top leagues... understand he demands big coin and an easy job has he has a trade I believe. Does this sound right??

He is quality as he always is good for goals. As for how long he stays he was at South Croydon ( EFL) last year and kicked 72 goals for the season and has been to Shepp United and was in QLD before that but you can only take what is being offered. Is he wrong to supplement an income with footy, some would say yes and others no as you are only in it a short while and he will have to settle down at some stage.
As for big coin I believe that is probably right but its all hearsay as well, and he has runs on the board scoring goals as mentioned. Hard to get if he isn't performing each year. Potential 100 goal FF's are hard to get and everyone wants them hence the coin being thrown at him.
Most FF kick a lot of goals against lower teams as they aren't defensively as good hence their position on the ladder.

On-going maintenance and to 'keep' the high quality surface on both ovals...Echuca United to suffer same fate! Interesting to note the Campaspe shire will help all clubs with alternatives...just not sure where the extra ovals are?

Well, Rochy's won't be an alternative then, the Campaspe Shire doesn't know that oval exists

On-going maintenance and to 'keep' the high quality surface on both ovals...Echuca United to suffer same fate! Interesting to note the Campaspe shire will help all clubs with alternatives...just not sure where the extra ovals are?
IMO they shouldn't play sport on vic park in it's current state , as previously described ' it's a paddock ' and a s**t paddock at that.
Maybe the campaspe shire can go without new flowers in every roundabout for a week and fix the freaking sporting facilities .

IMO they shouldn't play sport on vic park in it's current state , as previously described ' it's a paddock ' and a s**t paddock at that.
Maybe the campaspe shire can go without new flowers in every roundabout for a week and fix the freaking sporting facilities .

Don't know what the Echuca Shire have been doing for that ground but it has not worked - should have MCG quality grass coverage with the money they keep spending on that while other towns have to fend for themselves with maintenance of their sporting facilities...

The Echuca Shire should use the water from all the pools in the area it wants to close to water the Vic Park grass.
The Shire of Campaspe should be absolutely ashamed of the way Vic park presents itself..deplorable surrounds, surface, visitors room etc! And they can't blame a bridge that wont be built....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back