Goulburn Valley FL - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can people please get some kind of education before trying to post.
President you say, no one else would take the job on???
What a load of crap and obviously your kid isnt much of a player.
If the Shepp Swans dont win the flag this year I wouldnt put money on them winning one in the next ten. Meka couldnt give a rats arse about the club, one name on his look after list.

Seemed like a perefctly legitimate response to me. Your judging a bloke and the skill level of a player on the above post......Maybe you should get some kind of education...talk about Sour Grapes. Clubs try and buy flags all the time, who cares?? Worry about your own side

If they stop promoting Juniors then its a worry, but as an 18 year old I'd be busting my arse so I could pull on the boots alongside those guys

The population is increasing, yet the percentage of the population playing footy is decreasing at a massive rate, and unless the current trend is altered all clubs will struggle eventually major or minor leagues !!

You're right Pace, and it's sad to see. Wonder how long it will be before we're like the States, where if you're not in the 'bigs', you're sitting on your arse watching.

Still happy to be running around (albeit slowly) at 34!

I would like to reply on this one guys i have been involved with a football club down in melb for the last 10 years both as committee and president for the last few years my young bloke has played at the club for the last 10 years as well he is playing for shepp swans this year to learn from some ex quality football players who he feels will be able to improve his football we have grounds in melb in the comp that amaze me how we dont have more injuries un watered and no grass in shepp from what i see grounds are full of green manicured parks to play on i understand that you should use the local kids and i hope they do as well as some experienced players so that those kids can learn as well this is the reason my son is playing at shepp this year and driving from melb

Dont take to much notice of bond
There are some clowns here with there own agendas but there is a lot of good people to welcome to the GV and good luck to your boy

I would like to reply on this one guys i have been involved with a football club down in melb for the last 10 years both as committee and president for the last few years my young bloke has played at the club for the last 10 years as well he is playing for shepp swans this year to learn from some ex quality football players who he feels will be able to improve his football we have grounds in melb in the comp that amaze me how we dont have more injuries un watered and no grass in shepp from what i see grounds are full of green manicured parks to play on i understand that you should use the local kids and i hope they do as well as some experienced players so that those kids can learn as well this is the reason my son is playing at shepp this year and driving from melb
Lets not forget that SLAMER is Perry's business partner in Melbourne.

From what I saw when your son was pictured in the paper there must be plenty of grass in Melbourne, as he looked like he had been in a good paddock.

Mate just one point. Its called a full stop. Use it when required..................;)

Ky have pulled off a recruiting coup with the signing of Koroit star, Simon Seddon. He went up to play with Waratahs in the NTFL and met Afro and Josh Linton and, since he's moving to Melb, decided he'll play for the bombers.. Very fast, strong, with a good set of hands, will be a great attribute to Ky..

The irony is that he's cousins to 2 Rochester premiership players.. Dirty kept things quiet..

Lets not forget that SLAMER is Perry's business partner in Melbourne.

From what I saw when your son was pictured in the paper there must be plenty of grass in Melbourne, as he looked like he had been in a good paddock.

yeh i am his business partner. yeh i will pump in the money needed . and yeh time will tell what the swans will do to sides this year. and if you think that theres not more to come watch this space soon ahmit saad playing at bullants clearence to swans . patane and saad kicked 160 goals last season beetween them and you know what, ill look forward to puting my money at the club as perry has helped me and i will return the favor.

yeh i am his business partner. yeh i will pump in the money needed . and yeh time will tell what the swans will do to sides this year. and if you think that theres not more to come watch this space soon ahmit saad playing at bullants clearence to swans . patane and saad kicked 160 goals last season beetween them and you know what, ill look forward to puting my money at the club as perry has helped me and i will return the favor.

The boys are gunna love having you around the GV thread slamer :thumbsu:

Does anyone else get the feeling the Swans will do ok, BUT next year or the year after it may come crashing down badly

Slamers Shepp Swans , reckon it's gots a ring to it !!
Or maybe the triples S's .
If true good on you slamer , good see people putting money into country footy who knows this influx of players in the GV , may see more kids take up and remain within the game !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And didnt they have alot of trouble re money not long after?

I wouldn't know as I am not in the inner sanctum of the the Shep Swans.

But if they did have money troubles not long after they must have soughted them out to be in the recruiting position they are in at the moment.

Ky have pulled off a recruiting coup with the signing of Koroit star, Simon Seddon. He went up to play with Waratahs in the NTFL and met Afro and Josh Linton and, since he's moving to Melb, decided he'll play for the bombers.. Very fast, strong, with a good set of hands, will be a great attribute to Ky..

The irony is that he's cousins to 2 Rochester premiership players.. Dirty kept things quiet..

Handy pick up for Ky, they have also signed former coach Mark Adamson. He may be getting on but can still play the game and his experience will be invaluable. Ky will have a handy forward line with the 2 Newmans, Beck at CHF, Barnett, Pettifer and Seddon.

Handy pick up for Ky, they have also signed former coach Mark Adamson. He may be getting on but can still play the game and his experience will be invaluable. Ky will have a handy forward line with the 2 Newmans, Beck at CHF, Barnett, Pettifer and Seddon.

I thought Adamson had signed with Elmore?? Either way, you're right, that is a pretty potent forward line, with the obvious bonus that both Seddon and Pettifer can have a massive impact thru the midfield as well.

By all reports Josh Linton is looking super fit and tipped to have a big year, could be a smoky for the morrison with his dashing play.
Top 3 finish likely for the bombers this year.

I thought Adamson had signed with Elmore?? Either way, you're right, that is a pretty potent forward line, with the obvious bonus that both Seddon and Pettifer can have a massive impact thru the midfield as well.

By all reports Josh Linton is looking super fit and tipped to have a big year, could be a smoky for the morrison with his dashing play.
Top 3 finish likely for the bombers this year.

Yeah he did sign at Elmore, not sure what happened there but he contacted Ky last week and asked if they wanted him.

Yeah he did sign at Elmore, not sure what happened there but he contacted Ky last week and asked if they wanted him.
My mail is their is some rumblings at Ky from the locals with some of the latest recruits...watch this space i'm told..Yes it's inuendo but guess we will wait and see if anything eventuates:rolleyes:

Ky are without a doubt the side to beat. Adamson will still be a good pick up, will give the young Kyabram side some good leadership on the ground and reports are Seddon is a quality player too. I see them out in front pretty clearly. Echuca clear second and about 6-7 sides very even after that. Definately looking forward to what should be one of the most competitive years for a long time. Would be great to see a full strength interleague side...reckon it'd give the O&M a touch up!!

My mail is their is some rumblings at Ky from the locals with some of the latest recruits...watch this space i'm told..Yes it's inuendo but guess we will wait and see if anything eventuates:rolleyes:

Not sure where you are getting your mail from but it couldn't be further from the truth.

Not sure where you are getting your mail from but it couldn't be further from the truth.
one thing you will have is one of the best and youngest seconds sides in the comp. There is no way your good 18/19 year olds are going to get a game, although you will say they will naturally, dirtys a smart operator and will rotate a lot through for about 3 to 4 games and hopefully keep them happy.
Either way, some good recruits added to an already healthy list. Clearly favorites at this stage

one thing you will have is one of the best and youngest seconds sides in the comp. There is no way your good 18/19 year olds are going to get a game, although you will say they will naturally, dirtys a smart operator and will rotate a lot through for about 3 to 4 games and hopefully keep them happy.
Either way, some good recruits added to an already healthy list. Clearly favorites at this stage

So who are the young kids ? Wont take troy mitchells spot or kent or white or hooper or andison or finn or sirrakowski. Half have gone or wont get a game.

on the kd forum says gleeson is taking 4/5 mates with him would be tipping there from euroa . looks like strugle street at memorial oval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back