Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on another subject Shepp only had 16 players for their 2nds on Saturday yet their thirds had a full side. Shepp could only play 16 meaning that Rochy had to do the same. I don't mind this happening ( id prefer it didn't) but its not a great look and wondering who else is struggling for 2nds as you need a decent 2nds comp to have a healthy senior comp. 2nds seem to have all left to minor leagues and $$$ to play senior footy.
People in all comps say its hard getting senior players but the 2nds are the heart of the club in doing jobs after the game and also putting money back into the club coffers via bar and food.
Where are we going to get them from and how do we retain them as this is going to get worse before it gets better across the league and will affect the standard sooner than later IMO.

Just on another subject Shepp only had 16 players for their 2nds on Saturday yet their thirds had a full side. Shepp could only play 16 meaning that Rochy had to do the same. I don't mind this happening ( id prefer it didn't) but its not a great look and wondering who else is struggling for 2nds as you need a decent 2nds comp to have a healthy senior comp. 2nds seem to have all left to minor leagues and $$$ to play senior footy.
People in all comps say its hard getting senior players but the 2nds are the heart of the club in doing jobs after the game and also putting money back into the club coffers via bar and food.
Where are we going to get them from and how do we retain them as this is going to get worse before it gets better across the league and will affect the standard sooner than later IMO.
Very good point. Even at major league level it also seems that the days of having the Reserves putting pressure on Senior players to hold their place is diminishing. Are clubs lacking flexibility in training expectations, are changing work hours impacting, are young blokes just not coming through?

Hey GG. When did that rule come in? Did Rochy agree to it as a gentlenan's type thing? I recall filling in for 2nds after a U18 game many times. What's happening?

Very good point. Even at major league level it also seems that the days of having the Reserves putting pressure on Senior players to hold their place is diminishing. Are clubs lacking flexibility in training expectations, are changing work hours impacting, are young blokes just not coming through?

changing work hours..Sat and Sun work sorts a few out......and why do the same training for $0 when the bloke next to you is getting $1000??

Hey GG. When did that rule come in? Did Rochy agree to it as a gentlenan's type thing? I recall filling in for 2nds after a U18 game many times. What's happening?

I think its a league ( VCFL) rule about equalisation of numbers to be played. If Shepp came with 14 ( minimum to declare a game) my understanding is Rochy could only play 14 once its been declared to coach of opposition side. It was strange as Shepp Under 18's flogged Rochy Under 18's and could have taken a few out early to play without any real issues. May be parents didnt want to hang around or not willing to go up for whatever reason.

I think its a league ( VCFL) rule about equalisation of numbers to be played. If Shepp came with 14 ( minimum to declare a game) my understanding is Rochy could only play 14 once its been declared to coach of opposition side. It was strange as Shepp Under 18's flogged Rochy Under 18's and could have taken a few out early to play without any real issues. May be parents didnt want to hang around or not willing to go up for whatever reason.
Not sure about rules GG but it does seem odd. Back in my day unless you could field a designated 'team', be it eighteen or twenty. you forfeited. Under 18's filled the gap on mamy occasions back in the 80's. Why is it different now?

Any news on the #14 investigation regarding Beattie? Must be about due for a result.

Apparently Brennan was interviewed by the investigator only an hour before he played in the night game at KY.
To make matters worse, a Rochy official told me it was done while sitting in a car behind the goals.
Doesn't look to professional

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Brennan was interviewed by the investigator only an hour before he played in the night game at KY.
To make matters worse, a Rochy official told me it was done while sitting in a car behind the goals.
Doesn't look to professional

Soumds like Hogans Heroes to me. Any fear of professional process? The Hub has clearly decided that ipads, and ipads only = professionalism

Think it was Rochy short on numbers in the twos, not Shepp

Think they meet to hear the evidence presented first along with the witnesses / witness statements and then decide on whether he has a case to answer.
Nah , the investigator provides his report then the league decides if he has a case to answer . If he does they must provide the player with a charge sheet , investigators findings/ report and tribunal particulars .

Perhaps Over The Border is the investigator..after all he has gone MIA of late and also has a bit of 'F Troop' about it and he does know what happened!

Sammy Brennan is clearly pleading guilty to striking Scott Beattie. Hopefully Beattie is back playing footy soon. While i am sure Overtheborder would want Brennan suspended for 18 weeks, hopefully given the fact he has played 200 games without being reported, has apologised to Beattie several days after the event, and has pleaded guilty, and the fact that only Beattie, Anderson and Brennan himself know why he hit Beattie means he might get 2-4 weeks. If he gets that, and Scott Beattie is back playing good footy for Echuca = Good result for GVFL footy.

Sammy Brennan is clearly pleading guilty to striking Scott Beattie. Hopefully Beattie is back playing footy soon. While i am sure Overtheborder would want Brennan suspended for 18 weeks, hopefully given the fact he has played 200 games without being reported, has apologised to Beattie several days after the event, and has pleaded guilty, and the fact that only Beattie, Anderson and Brennan himself know why he hit Beattie means he might get 2-4 weeks. If he gets that, and Scott Beattie is back playing good footy for Echuca = Good result for GVFL footy.

If Brennan pleads guilty to hitting a player off the ball, causing a broken nose, fractured eye socket and eye muscle damage why isn't a 6 -8 week penalty "good for GVFL football"? There isn't a place for this conduct in footy, full stop. IMHO the league should send a loud and clear message hear.

Silver tongue don't put words in my mouth. I never said I wanted "top bloke" to get 18 weeks so suck a fat one. What he did was gutless, weak, cowardly and from what I'm told out of character. Why he did it is irrelevant as he didn't need to do it at all. Those days are gone.You do the crime, you do the time !!! By the way ....he got 6 weeks. Very lucky I would say but obviously his clean sheet helped him. As it should. Beattie has lost a lot financially as a result of a bullshit act. No sympathy from my end for Brennan.

He will probably be looking at around the same number of weeks that Beattie misses but that will be entirely up to the tribunal and what factors are put forward in mitigation. The unpleasantness of waiting through the investigation process rather than being reported straight up and dealt with immediately might also be a consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back