Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brennan pleads guilty to hitting a player off the ball, causing a broken nose, fractured eye socket and eye muscle damage why isn't a 6 -8 week penalty "good for GVFL football"? There isn't a place for this conduct in footy, full stop. IMHO the league should send a loud and clear message hear.
The GVFL can't send a message, only the independent tribunal, the same tribunal that handed out an entirely suspended sentence when it was not within its power to do so.

Silver tongue don't put words in my mouth. I never said I wanted "top bloke" to get 18 weeks so suck a fat one. What he did was gutless, weak, cowardly and from what I'm told out of character. Why he did it is irrelevant as he didn't need to do it at all. Those days are gone.You do the crime, you do the time !!! By the way ....he got 6 weeks. Very lucky I would say but obviously his clean sheet helped him. As it should. Beattie has lost a lot financially as a result of a bullshit act. No sympathy from my end for Brennan.

6 weeks seems a bit much in my opinion, but the damage that was done has obviously cost him. Two guys went into a fight, both with the intention of hurting the other, neither with the intent of doing such extensive damage. This was never, ever a king hit. But, as you say, you do the crime, you do the time! Might be a lesson for Beattie here also, don't bite off more than you can chew.

6 weeks seems a bit much in my opinion, but the damage that was done has obviously cost him. Two guys went into a fight, both with the intention of hurting the other, neither with the intent of doing such extensive damage. This was never, ever a king hit. But, as you say, you do the crime, you do the time! Might be a lesson for Beattie here also, don't bite off more than you can chew.
Your response astounds me !!! For a start it was two blokes having a fight ( Beattie and Anderson) then joined by a third who hit somebody without them seeing him coming. To say Beattie has to learn a lesson from this shows me your a moron of the highest order. Biting off more than you can chew isn't missing 5 weeks of football, losing income from your business cause you couldn't work and possibly suffering effects of a cowards punch for a while yet. Your an idiot !!!

Your response astounds me !!! For a start it was two blokes having a fight ( Beattie and Anderson) then joined by a third who hit somebody without them seeing him coming. To say Beattie has to learn a lesson from this shows me your a moron of the highest order. Biting off more than you can chew isn't missing 5 weeks of football, losing income from your business cause you couldn't work and possibly suffering effects of a cowards punch for a while yet. Your an idiot !!!

Seriously overtheborder you are obviously 'up and about' on this one mate. I suggest you find a quiet room, take a bottle of baby oil and take matters into hand.You are a Jerk!!

Phillips testimony was very different to what you are saying here, he stated that him and Brennan were part of the scuffle. If he wasn't, then why was he interviewed? If he saw this coward act as you call it, why wasn't the 'flag flown'? Brennan has done wrong, but lets not pretend that Scott Beattie was a totally innocent victim in this. He was throwing out cheap punches and elbows right up until the incident, they just didn't cause the same damage. Also, 'Your' should be you're, but I am the idiot!

Silver tongue don't put words in my mouth. I never said I wanted "top bloke" to get 18 weeks so suck a fat one. What he did was gutless, weak, cowardly and from what I'm told out of character. Why he did it is irrelevant as he didn't need to do it at all. Those days are gone.You do the crime, you do the time !!! By the way ....he got 6 weeks. Very lucky I would say but obviously his clean sheet helped him. As it should. Beattie has lost a lot financially as a result of a bullshit act. No sympathy from my end for Brennan.

Have you considered the whole thing wouldn't have happened if Beattie wasn't punching a Rochy player (your words, not mine)??

Anyway, glad it's finally over. Who's going to ruck for Rochy now?

Just quietly OTB, I was talkng to a Rochy guy post Shepparton win. Apparently Brennan did. a serious hamstring. 5-6 weeks he thought. Recovery time mate.

Just quietly OTB, I was talkng to a Rochy guy post Shepparton win. Apparently Brennan did. a serious hamstring. 5-6 weeks he thought. Recovery time mate.

Whatever champ, he has to live with the record of a thug who caused major facial damage to an opposition player and was found guilty ... All for a game of football and to prove he's a tough man. Bigger men don't do that.
I suggest you and your other "school teacher" supporters get in a small room, grab each other by the hand and have a cuddle and find a time to promote your next "love in". ;)

Phillips testimony was very different to what you are saying here, he stated that him and Brennan were part of the scuffle. If he wasn't, then why was he interviewed? If he saw this coward act as you call it, why wasn't the 'flag flown'? Brennan has done wrong, but lets not pretend that Scott Beattie was a totally innocent victim in this. He was throwing out cheap punches and elbows right up until the incident, they just didn't cause the same damage. Also, 'Your' should be you're, but I am the idiot!
By the way your use of punctuation needs reviewing as you are not spacing your letters and punctuation marks correctly. Yes you are the idiot !

By the way your use of punctuation needs reviewing as you are not spacing your letters and punctuation marks correctly. Yes you are the idiot !

Seriously mate, obviously the quiet room and baby oil has not done it for you? Perhaps call on your wife/friend 'Lip Service' ... he/she sounds equipped to help!

Yes 'your'is 'you are' or 'you're' for the lazy'. And 'cause' is 'because' you idiiot. And you feel comfortable enough with the language to correct justsigned? Anyway, enough with you. Crawl back in your cave and get a grip of yourself man!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we wait with great anticipation for the next Echuca controversy to hear overtheborders wise words of wisdom , will it be the shift to the Bendigo league to become the Echuca Bendigo bombers , next years Easter game at Moon oval against the tigers or the remaining of the Haw Pavilion to the Lips Service Centre , stay tuned folks !!!

So we wait with great anticipation for the next Echuca controversy to hear overtheborders wise words of wisdom , will it be the shift to the Bendigo league to become the Echuca Bendigo bombers , next years Easter game at Moon oval against the tigers or the remaining of the Haw Pavilion to the Lips Service Centre , stay tuned folks !!!
Love to know who this guy is appears to talk Chinese....hopefully the club censors his bizarre rantings. He seems to think that he is a great prophet and like the most famous prophet..he is getting well and truly crucified on here

Love to know who this guy is appears to talk Chinese....hopefully the club censors his bizarre rantings. He seems to think that he is a great prophet and like the most famous prophet..he is getting well and truly crucified on here

Ringo1 I'm only getting crucified by a loyal bunch of Rochy supporters who can't handle the truth . He pleaded guilty !!!!! I was right and you and your love in guys are wrong . Top bloke got 6 weeks, lucky man I would say. Just wanna know what your gunna do if you find out about me and who I am. I'm shaking in my boots at the possibilities. Sit back , grab a red and take a deep breath. By the way I don't give a s**t about the most famous prophet you refer to. :)

Ringo1 I'm only getting crucified by a loyal bunch of Rochy supporters who can't handle the truth . He pleaded guilty !!!!! I was right and you and your love in guys are wrong . Top bloke got 6 weeks, lucky man I would say. Just wanna know what your gunna do if you find out about me and who I am. I'm shaking in my boots at the possibilities. Sit back , grab a red and take a deep breath. By the way I don't give a s**t about the most famous prophet you refer to. :)

Can you just stop? Jesus Christ.

At no point did any Rochy supporter condone Sam's actions. They just stated the circumstances of the incident (remember you said that Beattie was punching a Rochy player - something you're not too keen to talk about) and that Sam was a good person with a long, clean history.

Every club has had unsavoury issues. Echuca had one a few weeks ago with its coach (which you won't even talk about). I remember an Echuca player getting reported for kicking about a decade ago. s**t happens - the supporters back their player, the player gets their punishment and we all move on.

We're just going around and around because YOU are the one that can't let it go. I'm actually embarrassed for you.

Can we please just move on from this?

At no point did any Rochy supporter condone Sam's actions. They just stated the circumstances of the incident (remember you said that Beattie was punching a Rochy player - something you're not too keen to talk about) and that Sam was a good person with a long, clean history.

Every club has had unsavoury issues. Echuca had one a few weeks ago with its coach (which you won't even talk about). I remember an Echuca player getting reported for kicking about a decade ago. s**t happens - the supporters back their player, the player gets their punishment and we all move on.

We're just going around and around because YOU are the one that can't let it go. I'm actually embarrassed for you.

Rowe I'm happy to leave it alone. I actually stayed off here talking about the incident for weeks. Check the comments on previous posts asking where I was and I only responded when silver tongue became personal again. Simply defending myself. I did comment on the Briggs incident and stated I did not condone it. I suggest you do your homework a bit better before pointing the finger. All posts are easy to recover. I was simply backing our player. The matter has been dealt with and so it should have been. I'm happy to let it go if others follow suit.

Bad news continues Rowey. Bowen has done a quad.

Turbo reckons 6-8 weeks is fair if OTB"s story is correct and he king hit him after running 100 mts.

But if everyone else is telling the truth and he ran in to get involved to help a teammate (after the bloke was going around whacking blokes) then good on him as that what you want from a big guy, some physical presence. Not a good result in the injury but if you are prepared to dish it out then it's going to come back at some stage..

What's his number as I will try and recruit him to Melb next year.. Lol

But who cares what I think..

Hi Guys,

I have just moved to the GV for work and was wanting to know who the decent teams/games to watch are. I have heard a lot about Benalla and more recently going through this thread Euroa and Seymour. What other teams/players are guys to watch? Thought this thread and a footy team would be a great way to meet a few people.

Cheers

N
Hi Guys,

I have just moved to the GV for work and was wanting to know who the decent teams/games to watch are. I have heard a lot about Benalla and more recently going through this thread Euroa and Seymour. What other teams/players are guys to watch? Thought this thread and a footy team would be a great way to meet a few people.

Cheers
Where do you live strong dukes? Benalla are super strong. Seymour and Euroa will both be there abouts i reckon so you won't go wrong watching those clubs. There are good people at all clubs mate so get down to one. Keep an eye out for Kyabram.

Hi Guys,

Cheers
Teams speak for themselves via the ladder, but the most exciting players to watch in my opinion would be Daniel Lewis, Shane McDonald (Mooroopna) Justin Maddern (Swans) Tim Looby (Shep Utd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back