Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers JT! Rochy seem to be kicking really straight this year compared to other years! Not sure whether it has to do with tht game plan and where the shots are being taken from or more the personal! The additions of stroobants, perry and Bowen to the fwd line are all sharp shooters and make the most of 3-4 shots a game where as in previous years g. weeks could have 9 shots kicking 4.4 and 1 out on the full!
On another note 1 rochy player named in the interleague squad is a disgrace!

Agreed Johnno. I would have thought the coach was a morale for a game as has the runs on the board in good competitions. Not sure there was many more from Rochy though that would do some of the others out of a spot. 34 named. Looks like a youth policy as only have a few "older" players picked.

Agreed Johnno. I would have thought the coach was a morale for a game as has the runs on the board in good competitions. Not sure there was many more from Rochy though that would do some of the others out of a spot. 34 named. Looks like a youth policy as only have a few "older" players picked.

Fair point given Watson, Aitken have probably made themselves unavailable, but think Dillon Williams or Nick Knight may have made the squad?

Just signed and Silver tongue I'll make it easy for you. You have five fingers I gather so one at a time count from the time of the king hit by "top bloke" and how many weeks it's been since the Gutless act and you will find its 5 weeks, not 4 weeks. He came back a week early cause some can play with injury and some can't . He does have irreversible damage to his eye and does not have full vision yet. It's a fact that his damage isn't fully repaired.Not sure you guys are surgeons but the advice he got was that he was extremely unlikely to get full vision back in his eye. Some can play with injury and some can't, great players can play and well......thugs get weeks. Now go have a cuddle and get over yourselves.

Tolerating your input on here OTB, but for future reference if you keep your closing remarks much closer to your opening remarks I would be much happier! :)

I have followed the O/M for a long period of time and last saturday went and watched a GV game was very impressed with the footy but was more impressed with the standard of umpiring the GV Umpires are miles and away the best umps in the area the OM Umps could take a leaf out of their counterparts books no over umpiring let the game play and did think the game is about themselves as the om do enjoyed the day

G
I have followed the O/M for a long period of time and last saturday went and watched a GV game was very impressed with the footy but was more impressed with the standard of umpiring the GV Umpires are miles and away the best umps in the area the OM Umps could take a leaf out of their counterparts books no over umpiring let the game play and did think the game is about themselves as the om do enjoyed the day
Wow the umps must be bad in the o and m , which game did you watch .

You got that right they are deplorable carry on like the storm troopers from second world war not allowed to say boo completely autocratic
Tatura
Fair enough , I was at that game umps weren't to bad apart from giving united some easy free kicks in front of goal .

Having watched a bit of O and M and GVFL over the last couple of years I was more impressed with what I saw in the O and M. I guess that it depends very much on the game that you are watching.

Having watched a bit of O and M and GVFL over the last couple of years I was more impressed with what I saw in the O and M. I guess that it depends very much on the game that you are watching.
When you have two maybe 3 teams belting everyone else it gets very boring and the umpiring fraternity are very afraid of one team in particular.
So it was refreshing on the weekend

Might find Collins setting the alarm fairly early in the next couple of weeks
Don't think he'll be back in the reserves. But I wouldn't expect him to find his feet for half a season. Bit of a step up from the Heathcote league.
Having said that, he's not a player who will get 20 touches and two goals every week.
He can be kept quiet, but he can also kick three goals in a quarter and change the course of a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I know everyone is over it, but hey this is a forum after all, but I thought six weeks was adequate for Sam Brennan. Thought a few of the comments on his defence weren’t really appropriate – yes, he might be a ‘good guy’ and a club legend; yes, Beattie was in as much of a wrestle as Anderson was; but none of that makes it all right to cause such a serious injury in such a manner, whether it be on a footy field or at the pub.
And yes, I did see the incident.

Having said all that, good to see my pre-season premiership tip is going undefeated.

Don't think he'll be back in the reserves. But I wouldn't expect him to find his feet for half a season. Bit of a step up from the Heathcote league.
Having said that, he's not a player who will get 20 touches and two goals every week.
He can be kept quiet, but he can also kick three goals in a quarter and change the course of a game.
Hey Turtle ,
Trent Bacon appears to have found his feet quickly enough in GVFL footy. I have never seen Collins play, but some on here suggest he sometimes needs to blind turn around his own ego? Which is of course problematic if true? Why has Bacon settled so easily?

Hey Turtle ,
Trent Bacon appears to have found his feet quickly enough in GVFL footy. I have never seen Collins play, but some on here suggest he sometimes needs to blind turn around his own ego? Which is of course problematic if true? Why has Bacon settled so easily?

Did the work and trained hard? Played his role? Worked hard to take a step forward in a stronger comp? Did extra fitness and strength work?
The harder he worked the luckier he has got.
I honestly think the result is work ethic with Bacon.

Did the work and trained hard? Played his role? Worked hard to take a step forward in a stronger comp? Did extra fitness and strength work?

Agree with that mate. Working harder does tend to make players luckier. I have watched him a couple of times and observed him around the group post-match. He has impressed me on the field and off it. He is well respected by the group which reinforces your point about work ethic. The older guys recognise this trait and respect it. More than handy player IMO and will only improve.

Yep, that's a pretty fair summary. But you can't really compare the two. I have no doubt Trent Bacon would more than hold his own at VFL level and from what I understand, showed it with Bendigo. Great head on his shoulders and everything that goes with that.
I wouldn't say Collins' ego needs to be turned around. Maybe just better directed.
Whether he accepts that guidance is another matter.
From what I saw of him, he thrives in a competitive atmosphere.
If things are quiet for him, he'll instigate some physical contact and use that adrenaline to boost his own game. A reliable set shot helps too.
But that's why I'm interested to see how he goes in the GVFL, because he will be challenged more. I expect him to rise to that, but I think it will take time to re-adjust his own levels of what he needs to do.

So who wins the clash between Rochy and Benalla. I see Bowen and O'Connor named for the Tigers. Benalla a few out but Morgan back and after their loss to Kyabram will be a dangerous proposition. My head says Benalla eventhough it is at the Moon Oval.

So who wins the clash between Rochy and Benalla. I see Bowen and O'Connor named for the Tigers. Benalla a few out but Morgan back and after their loss to Kyabram will be a dangerous proposition. My head says Benalla eventhough it is at the Moon Oval.
Benalla will rue not winning that GF last year!! All over red rover - Ky on the move

Shep didn't just break their duck, they smashed it!!
A good win by Euroa over the Cats to reinforce their claims. Ky and Rochy are going beautifully but still believe Benalla will be there when the finals heat up.

Was anyone of note playing in benalla 2s yesterday?

Sensational game at Moor. yesty. Both teams were dominant for different periods of the game. Geez that McDonald is handy. 6 goals. Gun. Big tick to the Euroa boys.
Would McDonald, Burstin and Gilliland be the 3 hottest players in the league right now?

Sensational game at Moor. yesty. Both teams were dominant for different periods of the game. Geez that McDonald is handy. 6 goals. Gun. Big tick to the Euroa boys.
Would McDonald, Burstin and Gilliland be the 3 hottest players in the league right now?
Top game and those 3 players are guns cheers supa !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back