Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rochester looking very good early stages on in the year. As a person new to the area and after reading a lot about last season, does anybody else think that Benalla's real chance to win the premiership was last year? Do they have a lot of players out? Reading results they don't seem to be the same dominant team on the park. People I have spoken to are saying it looks similar to their 2006 season.

Rochester looking very good early stages on in the year. As a person new to the area and after reading a lot about last season, does anybody else think that Benalla's real chance to win the premiership was last year? Do they have a lot of players out? Reading results they don't seem to be the same dominant team on the park. People I have spoken to are saying it looks similar to their 2006 season.

I think they are still a huge chance this year. Had injury issues and while some are back playing they might be a bit underdone. They lost no one of note and added Martin in 2015. A bit of internal strife over Summer perhaps.

I see that Ex - NEAFL players Ryan Thompson (Aspley Hornets) last years NEAFL Premiers of which he was one of the best players against the Sydney Swans Reserve side, is listed as playing with the Mooroopna Cats and Abe Ankers (NT Thunder) and a NEAFL Rising Star nominee in 2013, is listed playing with the Euroa Magpies (with a former AFLQ Grogan Medallist) Nathan Gilliland as his coach and Adam Tarrant both from Mt Gravatt AFL Club. Can anyone give me a run down on how they are both travelling? As both of these good players are the NEAFL's loss and the GVFL gain. I see that the 2 sides they are playing for are in the 5 so I hope they are contributing.

Speaking of Travelling - If you get a chance to talk to young Abe he is himself a story of great interest, this bloke lived with the family in Alice Springs and when playing at nearly all home games he travelled to Darwin and when playing away he travelled to as far away South as Canberra and East as Brisbane - It makes the trip from Shepparton to Seymour look like a walk in the park. *Footnote he got to sleep in a one or two times a year when the Thunder were fixtured to play a home game in the Alice but not every year.

I think they are still a huge chance this year. Had injury issues and while some are back playing they might be a bit underdone. They lost no one of note and added Martin in 2015. A bit of internal strife over Summer perhaps.

What kind of strife you talking about Silver Tongue? I know drugs are a huge issue in many towns but are drugs a big issue in the GVFL?

What kind of strife you talking about Silver Tongue? I know drugs are a huge issue in many towns but are drugs a big issue in the GVFL?
Not sure of the nature of the troubles. Someone on here before the season started mentioned Mellington and that he would be sacked by the club. They didn't and he is still there, so whatever the issue was they are working to resolve it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the problem was that the shopping was done without any currency and without the knowledge of the people providing the goods...
Benalla had Jordan Wolff Al Jacka and Brooke Martin playing in the twos on Saturday after all 3 had an extended lay off.They are probably in Benallas top 6 players so they will be big ins when they return.Josh Mellington has had a couple of set backs but the club is helping him work through them.

Benalla had Jordan Wolff Al Jacka and Brooke Martin playing in the twos on Saturday after all 3 had an extended lay off.They are probably in Benallas top 6 players so they will be big ins when they return.Josh Mellington has had a couple of set backs but the club is helping him work through them.

Agree with Jacka being a gun! But think I would find it hard to fit the other 2 in the top 6 with names like martinelloX2, Morgan, mellington, smith, martyn, marchbank, warnock and Colbert! But both will help the structure of their team immensely!
Watching the rochy & benella game on the weekend thought it was pretty even all over the ground. But the area that really seperated the 2 was the ball use going forward and the quality of the forwards lines. Although Rochy lost Bowen in the 1st 5 minutes they looked much more dangerous all day and their mid sized forwards caused major match up headaches all day for benella! Interested to get your thoughts on this cloud street and also when priest(I forget which one it is) will be back playing?

Agree with Jacka being a gun! But think I would find it hard to fit the other 2 in the top 6 with names like martinelloX2, Morgan, mellington, smith, martyn, marchbank, warnock and Colbert! But both will help the structure of their team immensely!
Watching the rochy & benella game on the weekend thought it was pretty even all over the ground. But the area that really seperated the 2 was the ball use going forward and the quality of the forwards lines. Although Rochy lost Bowen in the 1st 5 minutes they looked much more dangerous all day and their mid sized forwards caused major match up headaches all day for benella! Interested to get your thoughts on this cloud street and also when priest(I forget which one it is) will be back playing?
Youre right about the ball use going forward,to only kick 11 goals on a perfect day isn't going to win you many games.With the match ups,thats where we really miss Wolff and Martin as they can both play on talls and smalls,particulaly Wolff.You mention all the players who could be classed in the top 6 and you realise how much talent the Saints have.Hopefully they can start to improve areas of their game that have been poor but not kicking big enough scores is a major concern.

G'day boys,
I see KY are 5-1 and sitting second. I see Burstin is carving it up. Is he playing a full forward role? How is Shermo going as see his named in best a few times?
Should create a Shermo watch!! Haha

Is Shermo play interleague? Otherwise we might see him at the Abers vs Pacco blockbuster this Saturday with the 2 undefeated teams battling it out in front of a big crowd..

G'day boys,
I see KY are 5-1 and sitting second. I see Burstin is carving it up. Is he playing a full forward role? How is Shermo going as see his named in best a few times?

Is Shermo play interleague? Otherwise we might see him at the Abers vs Pacco blockbuster this Saturday with the 2 undefeated teams battling it out in front of a big crowd..

Maybe we should all drop what we are doing and get to that blockbuster turbs. Let's be honest, the quality of that game is going to be well above the two battling country leagues? Well through your bung eyes anyway. As for your boyfriend shermo, I'm sure he will be at your game with bells on.

PS By all reports I think you boys might have your work cut out come game day.

Maybe we should all drop what we are doing and get to that blockbuster turbs. Let's be honest, the quality of that game is going to be well above the two battling country leagues? Well through your bung eyes anyway. As for your boyfriend shermo, I'm sure he will be at your game with bells on.

Has Turbo done something to you next year? Beyond lovng Pacco and once loving Shermo prior to the circumstances under which he left Pacco for Kyabram I mean ....?

We don't tend to hear from you unless it's to pot Turbo. He tends to have a range of amusing and engaging content in his posts I would have thought.

Mate I know the GV league is pretty strong. Maybe his having an affair with you up the country as your a bit touchy regarding Shermo. I'm sure my post wasn't offensive just asking if anyone has an update, as it's a footy forum. You haven't answered anything, just being negative..

For the record, I actually like Kyabram. And a special mention to those Sheldon boys..

Let's wait and see if Pacco can beat the cashed up favourites, but I can tell you Pacco are up & about as a group..Usually a few of the Melb based boys stay in Melb so just giving them an option.,

"Just look for me in my big footy cap, stubbie holder and umbrella" Lol

G'day boys,

Burstin is playing full forward and leading the goal kicking I think. Neither he nor Shermo are in the league side but Shermo hasn't been dominant.

The bombers are lookng strong though, so Sherman must be doing something right.

Burstin is playing full forward and leading the goal kicking I think. Neither he nor Shermo are in the league side but Shermo hasn't been dominant.

The bombers are lookng strong though, so Sherman must be doing something right.

Must have some good midfielders to leave Burstin at FF but if that's best for team structure so be it..

Hey Silver,
Agree we have all moved on for the best, as both Pacco and KY are going well.
Just putting down our best Pacco side on paper and I'm not sure Shermo would get a game if he was still with us.. Maybe a backline tagging role.. Lol.. But then again I'm not on selection..

Has Turbo done something to you next year? Beyond lovng Pacco and once loving Shermo prior to the circumstances under which he left Pacco for Kyabram I mean ....?

We don't tend to hear from you unless it's to pot Turbo. He tends to have a range of amusing and engaging content in his posts I would have thought.

Not to me personally, did get my nose out of joint the way he started his first few career posts though. Your right, I don't post much, I do however enjoy reading the forum until someone is relentlessly degraded by disguised authors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back