Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

onepercentre

Senior List
Oct 13, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
It's so people all over Victoria and Melbourne can go to Deakin the day after the AFL GF!:cool: ....Reality is no one CBF'KD travelling to the game apart from those within an hour or two and not sure that Shepparton would be a destination for a day out! The AFL GF should be the end of the footy season! hang on..got to go and organise tickets for uncle Barry from Portland for the GV GF:thumbsdown:
Not sure what other day it could be played , the weekend before is the Murray grand final and KDL at Moroopna don't think AFL victoria would want them all on the same day , and cant play it on on AFL grand final day , in the survey they did recently most of the clubs don't want it changed , at least next year it starts the week after Easter , 20 rounds is the answer or starting two weeks later .

sparra

All Australian
Nov 16, 2005
down a dirt track
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
country footy
No;), I'd say none of them would even look at the draw during pre-season and certainly wouldn't use that as a deciding factor as to whether they would commit or not. Yes season is too long though, but in saying that I'm more than happy to have a bye every 6 weeks:p[/QUOTE

Of course you would at your age

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure what other day it could be played , the weekend before is the Murray grand final and KDL at Moroopna don't think AFL victoria would want them all on the same day , and cant play it on on AFL grand final day , in the survey they did recently most of the clubs don't want it changed , at least next year it starts the week after Easter , 20 rounds is the answer or starting two weeks later .
Afl Victoria should have no say or input into league fixturing .

GG Rides Again

All Australian
Apr 20, 2007
Intangible
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No;), I'd say none of them would even look at the draw during pre-season and certainly wouldn't use that as a deciding factor as to whether they would commit or not. Yes season is too long though, but in saying that I'm more than happy to have a bye every 6 weeks:p

Your giving some of them too much credit as thinkers. From what I see WIIFM is the first question followed by where is the footy trip.

SEAHUNT

Debutant
Apr 19, 2012
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just get the bloody season and finals over and done with. Who cares if it finishes 3 weeks, 4 weeks or 10 weeks before the afl grand final! It's country footy, it's nothing special.

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond

Post padding

Premiership Player
Nov 15, 2009
echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
Weeksy had another day out at Colbo.. A lazy 20 today to go with the 15 last week.
He would have bagged quite a few today for Rochy the way the ball got pumped into the forward line this arvo.

Will he head back there next yr

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
Reading between the lines I think Weeks wants to have another crack at GV footy and will be back next year. He really wanted to go back and help Colbo win a flag in its centenary year. Hopefully he comes back and Sirrett and Vale come with him.

Rochy-Echuca will be interesting this week. Echuca has nothing to play for, so I wonder if they'll try to be physical.

Post padding

Premiership Player
Nov 15, 2009
echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
Reading between the lines I think Weeks wants to have another crack at GV footy and will be back next year. He really wanted to go back and help Colbo win a flag in its centenary year. Hopefully he comes back and Sirrett and Vale come with him.

Rochy-Echuca will be interesting this week. Echuca has nothing to play for, so I wonder if they'll try to be physical.

Rowey

Echuca are never physical.. It's always the opposition fault

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
You would hope that every league now combs records and that players on the cusp are notified immediately. Wonder what it cost to get someone to squirrel around and find that loophole. I hope that United aren't gripped by too much excitement.
Anyone worth their weight should know this is a requirement and furthermore confirm it has been sent , every time someone over 10 weeks is due to front the tribunal. How this could go to tribunal without it being confirmed is beyond belief .

onepercentre

Senior List
Oct 13, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone see Tat v Mansfield rumor has it umps crucified the Bulldogs in front of goal ?
They definitely did , Mansfield kicked 5 goals from soft free kicks in front of goal , Tat led all game until the last few minutes until Burbury kicked his seventh .

Countryboy13

Debutant
Feb 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Isn't it great to see Uniteds fall from grace

What a game this weekend will be against the Bears who have now gone higher than them on the ladder

Young James Llyod who left the Bears for united because he wanted finals success might have to go back to Bears to get it

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Isn't it great to see Uniteds fall from grace

What a game this weekend will be against the Bears who have now gone higher than them on the ladder

Young James Llyod who left the Bears for united because he wanted finals success might have to go back to Bears to get it
Or back to his original club , Shepp East

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

There will be a raft of clubs chasing Sirrett. Young, 6.10 and played in the VCFL Div 2 side so he is clearly developing, so the next step would surely be a GVFL/BFL side.

With regards Vale. Would he get much time in the current Rochy midfield? Leg speed was probably always the knock on sammy but I have not seen him since his knee reconstruction. Seems to me that Williams, O'Conner et al are the new breed at tigerland.

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
There will be a raft of clubs chasing Sirrett. Young, 6.10 and played in the VCFL Div 2 side so he is clearly developing, so the next step would surely be a GVFL/BFL side.

With regards Vale. Would he get much time in the current Rochy midfield? Leg speed was probably always the knock on sammy but I have not seen him since his knee reconstruction. Seems to me that Williams, O'Conner et al are the new breed at tigerland.
In fairness to Rochy this year, they seem to have found the balance that was needed. Plenty of other blokes that can kick goals - Cutriss, Perry and Stroobants and that takes them away from being GW focussed. This was exposed by United in the 2013 final at Euroa when the demons isolated the big fella and kicked a heap on the rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back