Graeme Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ory-fni5f5nx-1226883140514?from=trendinglinks

A key pillar to our success in recent times comes by way of our recruiting, and the kudos here goes to Graeme Wright. I have the utmost confidence in everything the Club is doing because of their success rate and the people pulling the strings.

So this article, if true, worries me greatly. With the world ending over at Visy Park, imagine me horror with reading:

But the Herald Sun reported this weekend after attempting to poach Geelong’s Stephen Wells they would try to pursue Sydney’s Kinnear Beatson or Hawthorn’s Graeme Wright

Should we be concerned?

Unless they doubled his salary, not sure why he'd do it.
pretty sure that wouldn't be hard to do. the hawks will lose key staff the more success they have. if it were up to me i'd be giving wright a good slap on the back and pay rise for the results he has brought to the club but the impending salary cap on footballing staff may put a dampener on all that.

As a recruiter I would think you would want to see the fruits of your labour.

Wrighty is seeing it right now, I'm sure he would be looked after we'll financially at Hawthorn.

As an astute recruiter he is well qualified to assess Carlton's list and grasp the size of the task at hand as well as the extreme expectation.

I'm sure if a big offer comes to Graeme Wright, we will happily up his salary.

I'd say Clarkos mantra of one soldier being replaced with another goes for the whole club. I'd have confidence in the club getting a suitable replacement if there isn't a decent 2IC already in place to take over with the current vision.

I hope we keep Wrighty. He is the low draft pick expert and when you are at the top of the ladder, low draft picks is all you have. Saying that, he would have a team making the calls on players at the coal face so hopefully they are just as competent as he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that Luke Williams has been " taken aback by the old-school methods used at the Blues" (according to the article) should send a bit of a warning. Anyone in a role like recruitment or coaching needs to consider how well they will be supported to implement their vision over the long term.

Otherwise they risk being made a scapegoat and that would concern anyone in that role I reckon.

As cyrilthesquirrel said - career limiting move

I am sure if we pass the hat around and send Wrighty a cheque to supplement any increase Hawthorn might offer him, he won't be going anywhere. It's not so much the amount that the fans give him, but the gesture

I'd say Clarkos mantra of one soldier being replaced with another goes for the whole club. I'd have confidence in the club getting a suitable replacement if there isn't a decent 2IC already in place to take over with the current vision.
spot on, our club has made it a core competency in developing its people. Look at the ability to export great coaching talent, Mark Evans to AFL, other players to other clubs all great exports. Its a great mark of any organisation the ability to develop people, it makes you a desitination club, for players, coaches and support staff. If we lose someone, I am sure there would be plenty of grat talent looking for an opportunity to work at the hawks

That said I hope we dont lose Wrighty, seems to have the midas touch!

Carlton trying to buy success again lol

Yes, there was a quote from some Carlton president or some lackey a few years ago, I think it was just before they hired their current CEO, and it went something like:

"We don't hire the best available, we just hire the best"

How did that work out for you, you cashed-up wastrel flogs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hopefully Wrighty now just goes and plucks some talent out of Carlton and brings it to Waverley :)
Nobody over the age of 20 is safe at that Club so who should we have a crack at?
Surely Andrew Walker wouldn't mind playing in a flag or 2 with the Hawks.
Can't say I'd mind his run out of our backline!

Hopefully Wrighty now just goes and plucks some talent out of Carlton and brings it to Waverley :)
Nobody over the age of 20 is safe at that Club so who should we have a crack at?
Surely Andrew Walker wouldn't mind playing in a flag or 2 with the Hawks.
Can't say I'd mind his run out of our backline!
No need for Walker, wouldn't mind giving young Buckley a home

Yes, there was a quote from some Carlton president or some lackey a few years ago, I think it was just before they hired their current CEO, and it went something like:

"We don't hire the best available, we just hire the best"

How did that work out for you, you cashed-up wastrel flogs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I am sure that quote came from Dick Pratt

In my opinion Graham Wright is the most important person at Hawthorn,we must keep him he would be hard to replace!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back