Helmet
Mar 18, 2013
Hobart, Tasmania
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenorchy Magpies
What's everyone doing for The GF?

This is where you can tell us what your day involves whether its just sitting home pickling yourself, with mates getting rowdy or spending a lovely day on a long drive through the barossa with the mistress.

Before and after stories, who won the money, any lumps or bumps, memory loss, nightclub stamps.

Personally, I am forgoing my usual GF party to watch it with old schoolmates and then goto the regular GF party after the game to eat a pig on a spit and continue the alcohol abuse.

Always a good laugh and a couple of memorable moments.

If I remember how to use the camera on my phone later I will post them tomorrow.

Buck show in a city apartment with a cutla waitresses serving beeries throughout the game.... For me to say that I'm looking forward to it would be a huge understatement!

You wont believe it but im ******* moving house. I know, wtf?? Didnt plan it, our lease ran out at our old place and the move in date for the new place just happened to fall on today. Actually grateful Port didnt make it this year. Still, love watching the GF no matter the team, bummed i wont be able to properly enjoy it. i dont mind west coast too much either. Think itll be a great game, close result but west coast by 8. Hopefully get a tv working at the new place asap so we can at least have the scores up while moving furniture but thats about as exciting as things get for me today.

Managed to secure 2 tickets to the GF. Eldest is a diehard Hawks supporter. He's the kid that cries hard in bay 123 at AO every time we pump the Hawks. I had the last laugh though when I told him he was adopted. He loves Port so I'll keep him.

Going to have a quick pre game pint and put a couple of betts on at the Northern, then of to a mates place to watch the footy on the biggest deck in Lincoln.
While continuing the beer consumption.

Going for west coast especially after seeing that vision again of hodge on Wingard. Kennedy for first goal and norm smith

Got a six-pack of Melbourne Bitter in the fridge, ready to go. Might wander down to the pub for a parma a bit later too

Wow you're really into the whole Melbourne thing, huh? ;)

Also, six pack? Aren't you watching the second half?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the drinking starts early and finishes late, the game is somewhere in the middle, people sometimes win bets, then i wake up sunday sometime feeling barely alive.... its a great day....

Now traditional day with the kids. First goalkicker, norm smith, leading scorer draws, hot dogs, beers (ginger for them), chips and dips, across the road to the footy goals at halftime to practice a few dribble kicks.

All the best to you and the Missus.

I remember the birth of my second, Port played North and had a narrow loss. I think Lockwood had a great game! I think port were up for a fair bit of that game. It's a bit hazy now that was 16+ years ago.
I watched that in the ward while we were waiting for things to happen.

Then during the birth in the birthing room I watched Locket kick his record breaking goal. The wife didn't mind about me watching the footy, but the doctor was giving me funny looks lol!

Hope it all goes well for you!

Inviting a few of my mates over for some chips n' dip and a kick before we watch the game in the home cinema :)

1 of them is a Port supporter and the other is a Crows supporter. 'Twill be interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back