Preview GRAND FINAL: Port Adelaide v Norwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at our depth chart in the ruck area...

Lobbe
Redden
Renouf

Bruggemann, Harvey and Haren are not full time rucks.

2015 needs to be
Lobbe
Ryder
Redden
Baulderstone (or development ruck on rookie list)

Then Harvey can stick to being in the fwd line and Bruggemann can possibly play as a KPD in the SANFL and Haren will spend a bit of time in Academy again but when called up he can be a utility.

Typical port comment re the 26 minute last quarter. Basically no scoring equals shorter quarters. Maybe you should have a crack at the Port timekeeper.

Full time footballers beaten by part timers where was the famous conditioning.???? Also no comments re the dubious decisions in the last few minutes that gave Port a chance to win the game.

Why do you think anyone would care about you or your opinion.
Anyone who blindly supports that putrid, soulless, puss riden franchise can tongue my unwashed anus.

The best team in the land currently, the Swans, reserves side lost their GF in the NEAFL to a team called the Hornets by a couple of points. Puts it all into perspective really. The difference between best AFL sides and their reserves would be 20 goals minimum. All AFL reserves sides should exist with the interests of their 'A grade' at heart first and foremost.

On another note, take a bow Mitch Harvey. Playing out of his league tbh, has no right as a rookie KPF to be playing against experienced campaigners in the ruck.

But he's done it for weeks and held his own. He's developing a greater understanding of the game and the ruck is improving both his conditioning and aggression.

I really rate this kid and can't wait to see him after another preseason

Typical port comment re the 26 minute last quarter. Basically no scoring equals shorter quarters. Maybe you should have a crack at the Port timekeeper.

Full time footballers beaten by part timers where was the famous conditioning.???? Also no comments re the dubious decisions in the last few minutes that gave Port a chance to win the game.
Crows fan who's second team is hawthorn? I forgot that no so salt of the earth corporate camries fan would ever dare question the umpire after a loss. Is cornsey about due to write is 177th article about the 1993 prelim loss?

Famous conditioning? What the * are you on about - a bunch of kids and a couple of senior backup afl players played in a GF today campaigner. Most if the guys on our team were sitting in the Sanfl reserves last year - they have developed fabulously!

absolutely gutted. the sanfl gift wrapped norwood a gf win and they were nearly so bad to blow it. absolute disgrace that we are forced to pick certain players over others. bruggeman and slattery play instead of russell and jones drew and port win. bruggeman to ruck leaving harvey to play as a forward while slattery who tagged panoz out of the game when we beat them at alberton this year would have played that role again. biemans deserved a game ahead of one or two others too. whicker the campaigner couldnt hide his smile giving those cripple punchers the cup. absolute campaigner of a bloke.

clubless campaigner.

My attitude exactly. I could not have cared less who won or loss the game today. It is all about our younger players getting valuable experience in a higher intensity game.
* off then, some have always been passionate about our sanfl team, dont care what a bunch of tealster elitists think.

Goes to show the value of experience (Norwood mostly 23-26) will win out over a young team of full timers (Port mostly 18-22). And 38k with at least 60% Norwood supporters - biggest thumbs up for AFL in the SANFL we could've gotten. The SANFL will be stoked with this.

Had to laugh at the three Norwoods behind me though, in the first quarter when they were up and about they were busy laughing loudly whenever Butcher got near the ball, then when the scores closed up they were all "oh how many real SANFL players do they have not these AFL listed guys" :rolleyes:

Classic SANFL #realfooty cake-and-eat-it-too attitude. When they lose it's because of all those big bad AFL players, yet when they win it is the greatest triumph of the human spirit in world history. Reality shows that a mix of young AFL-listed players and a sprinkling of seasoned campaigners is right in the mix with the teams SANFL clubs put on the park.

Simply put, the two AFL reserves teams have been handicapped sufficiently to maintain the integrity of the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you should be spending time having a crack at your own joke of a club whos team degrades the SANFL comp by using it as a training drill.

Goes to show the value of experience (Norwood mostly 23-26) will win out over a young team of full timers (Port mostly 18-22). And 38k with at least 60% Norwood supporters - biggest thumbs up for AFL in the SANFL we could've gotten. The SANFL will be stoked with this.
even more stoked the restrictions they placed on our club worked and the whinging crybabies won. it was like 1990 today, except this time the sooks won. can you believe this mob that beat us three times this year went crying to the sanfl about us. bunch of weak pricks.

Drove home from the MCG straight away after getting done by under a kick.
Felt like I was shattered into a million pieces.
Had a few hours sleep.
Went to Adelaide Oval, Got done by under a kick again.
Feel like I am shattered into 2 million pieces :(

Mate, you are a ******* legend. What you did this weekend for the love of your club is amazing.

Footy sucks sometimes. We have had a rough weekend. We will bounce back.

Rest up!

every other qtr went for 30+ mins with one going for 32 mins..

then the last qtr goes at 26 mins. ive never seen that before. if there wasnt a stuff up and it was actually a 26 min qtr then ill be gobsmacked. still , if we had taken our chances we would have been in the lead anyway.

if my suspicions are correct we will probably never hear about it , the sanfl will sweep it under the rug and i expect port will see no value for the club in chasing it up. they have bigger things to worry about then a poorly run organization.
There were only 2 goals kicked in the last qtr

Mate, you are a ******* legend. What you did this weekend for the love of your club is amazing.

Footy sucks sometimes. We have had a rough weekend. We will bounce back.

Rest up!
The fact the boys never gave up until final siren went in both games instead of rolling over made the trips worth every second.

(And it sure as hell beats the primus era haha)

Norwood parked the bus in the last quarter. We couldn't score, they didn't want to.

Was a s**t last quarter but 26 mins is not that unusual.

Would be more thinking about the goal in the first that wasn't allowed. I didn't see it but apparently a clear goal called a behind. Anyone got vision?

Last edited:
There were only 2 goals kicked in the last qtr
there were no issues with the length of the last, it was always going to be a short quarter with norwood controlling play and chipping the ball around for about 12 minutes, was very little time on in that period of play.

"Can you imagine what I would do if could do all that I can?" - Sun Tzu

Let this sink in for a moment. The reigning premiers in Norwood had to play the game of their lives to beat a team with most players under 25 (Ah Chee, Byrne-Jones, Mitchell, Young, Impey, Harvey, Shaw, Clurey, Newton, Flynn, Gray, Amon etc) and no recognized ruck. And they only won by 4 points.

What do they think is going to happen next season with another Burgess pre-season into those players? When our list in both competitions hits that magic 26 year old average sweet spot?

Port Adelaide wins premierships in every competition it plays. This year was unfortunately one of transition. But we'll be back next year.

What do they think is going to happen next season with another Burgess pre-season into those players? When our list in both competitions hits that magic 26 year old average sweet spot?

And my 6 ruck plan comes to fruition? muahahaha!

tumblr_mkjfaw5wVd1rt5fkyo1_250.gif

Last edited:
The best team in the land currently, the Swans, reserves side lost their GF in the NEAFL to a team called the Hornets by a couple of points. Puts it all into perspective really. The difference between best AFL sides and their reserves would be 20 goals minimum. All AFL reserves sides should exist with the interests of their 'A grade' at heart first and foremost.

Well in that case lets remove ourselves from the SANFL and just simulate games for those players that are not selected in the first AFL 22 week by week. That would be a great environment for our budding young AFL players to develop in. They don't have to be concerned about developing by winning when they can try to develop by just having a good old lazy kick-around in the park.

Funny that Fiacchi and Ginever weren't smiling down at the club today. You would have thought they would be happy to just watch a bit of development happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back