Grand Final Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

On paper and on form,Sydney had to be the favorites going in.
Probably unfair to Sydney, who no doubt worked hard and trained hard to get to where they are, but their unfair leg up from afl is just too much for me and I won't find them worthy winners.

Hawthorne to break Sydney's game apart via accurate passing and good spread off the ball aka what they did to us last year.
Lesser evil by 3 goals

Why do people think Sydney will win by a large margin?
This.. game reeks of the match 2 months ago with everyone thinking Sydney were flying, Hawks just going.. Hawks win by a couple goals. Can see a similar result this week (i hope so too.. couldnt stand the COLA's with another flag and "Bloods Culture" getting a run 1000 times in the next 2 hours foillowing the siren)

Swans by 5 goals, think it is going to be a boring GF, both sides quite careful.

If the hawks get up I think it will be either Gunston or Roughhead wearing a norm smith.

AFL will be cha$ing a draw, their bonuses are probably largely revenue related.

Like water and oil, bloods and cola don't mix. Hawks to win and to parade past Buddy showing their medals

AFL to then feel sorry for Sydney/Buddy, and hand them their special Premiership Cup and medals, all exactly 9.8% bigger than the original.

Wow, my first post after the semi. I may still have anger management issues...

Mine too.

I'll be a casually interested neutral observer, but wouldn't mind a Hawthorn win so Spangher (who hopefully plays) finally gets a premiership medallion after playing a depth/support role for three others.

Winner: Swans (Originally wanted Hawks due to COLA, but I don't want Brad to have 2 premiership medals while Stephen has none)
Norm Smith: Luke Parker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If its a fine day, Swans by 27 points....a bit closer if its raining.
Buddy to win the medal.

Am hoping for a tough, hard and close game with an all in brawl to keep me entertained while I get drunk at the pub. Really despise both clubs.

AFL to then feel sorry for Sydney/Buddy, and hand them their special Premiership Cup and medals, all exactly 9.8% bigger than the original.

Bloody funny - made me laugh.

On a more serious note the "Bloods culture" is a joke. Didn't help them a jolt for about 70 odd years when they were rubbish. Just hype.

Coo_Vt08.jpg

Nicholls to gift Hawthorn 2 goals.

Brian Lake to step up his game and choke the life out of Sydney forwards :p

I shouted to him 'Its the Hawthorn Strangler!' when he was coming off against us - but I don't think he quite heard me.

Any rain about? If so it will favour Sydney who are favourites anyway - Hawthorn will struggle with their talls and guys like Parker are just the cream on the cake. Scary thing is Sydney will significantly improve again next year.

If Rioli plays I can see him having little to no impact and/or coming off with a hammy part way through and all the Hawthorn supporters wailing about it...

Any rain about? If so it will favour Sydney who are favourites anyway - Hawthorn will struggle with their talls and guys like Parker are just the cream on the cake. Scary thing is Sydney will significantly improve again next year.
It's been raining today and is meant to for the next few days, but clear up for Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back