Preview Grand Final Replay Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough but they are expecting him not to play.
Nah, that was last week.

Everyone knows by now that Pendles had a case of food poisoning leading into last weeks game, and unless he was on his death bed last week, I'm pretty sure it doesn't take a week to get over a mild case of food poisoning.

He will play, I'd more worried about Dal Santo, Gram or Montagna, who all looked wounded after last weeks game.

Nerves have Finally Kicked In for me though not as nervous as last week but still have nerves.

2 Things I have been thinking about when I was in bed before I went to sleep last night about the game:

• I reckon Presti will come in for someone
  • The Start is Really important as we don't want to play Catch Up Footy

Not trolling but has anyone here heard that Pendlebury may not play. Apparently that is what St Kilda are planning for.
i think it would be safe to say that Pendles didn't have chicken salad rolls for lunch yesterday like last week ;)

I see only 3 "possible results" today.

1. Collingwood win comfortably, probably in the 3-5 goal range
2. Collingwood win by under 12 points in another tight tussle
3. Stkilda "steal" the game by under 10 points

I'd love number 1, but I'd gladly settle for number 2, even if it is close.

I would love Number 1 but even bigger win please don't think I can take another Close Game like Last Week

Nerves have Finally Kicked In for me though not as nervous as last week but still have nerves.

2 Things I have been thinking about when I was in bed before I went to sleep last night about the game:

• I reckon Presti will come in for someone
  • The Start is Really important as we don't want to play Catch Up Footy

The start could break them because they knew how hard they fought to get back in it last week...mentally, it would be a huge advantage to show they have not broken us and we are still a better side...I keep reminding everyone we still led all day bar 5 minutes...damn, I am feeling good about this...Go Pies!

I am still pretty flat at the moment. Just hoping the boys can hang in there mentally and do us proud. If we are in the game at half time we will have a pretty good chance at winning it. Goooooooooooooooo Pies

Ok. I am leaving for the MCG.

Keep this thread alive, and for anyone who wants any general info, go to the opening post, it should have everything you require.

We are a huggggeeeee chance today, don't any of you think other wise, we are in this game up to our eyeballs, and if the unthinkable happens and we lose, it will be by less then a kick IMO.

Good luck all, hope to see some of you at AAMI Park afterwards celebrating a win.

GO PIES.

KILL FOR COLLINGWOOD.:D

The start could break them because they knew how hard they fought to get back in it last week...mentally, it would be a huge advantage to show they have not broken us and we are still a better side...I keep reminding everyone we still led all day bar 5 minutes...damn, I am feeling good about this...Go Pies!

That what Worries me that we led all accept for a few Minutes of the Game and we let the Game Go:(

That what Worries me that we led all accept for a few Minutes of the Game and we let the Game Go:(

Don't worry TD that won't happen again...the Saints have not put four quarters together for weeks...they always kick 65 to 85 points

Our best is way better than their best...imo...they had the chance last week to beat the best side in the competition...

I believe our victory will be emphatic today! those saying this game will be close are basing it on last weeks game only and not Collingwood's previous form.

Go Pies

Well here is a Good Thought with us only kicking 2 goal in the 2nd Half bit like RD 3 the next time we came out and kicked 100 points and they only kicked 51 points:thumbsu: in rd 19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck guys. Would really love to see your team get up.
I'm tipping the Pies by 40 points.
Still pretty fresh I think and I think the Saints are sorer and will be slower today.
Good dry conditions will suit the Pies.
Go Mick!:thumbsu:
Have a great day all Pie supporters.

Regards
DTF

Just read something on the Saints board about Pendlebury being out :( Hope this doesn't happen. Thought he trained well yesterday. Here's hoping it's just bullsh1t.

Been Hearing that all Week and it's total BS:rolleyes:

Got a good feeling about today. First baby due today at 1230 a c section. The little magpie did the right thing and came early in the early hours so I can watch the grand final now.

This moment, this opportunity. Right here, right now, at this point in time, there is nothing that I want more than this. It is not fate nor destiny that we have arrived here, for that would belittle the hard work that it has taken to get to this moment.
Champions you already are for your achievements to date, however premiership success and immortality are within your grasp. Hard work, sacrifice, teamwork and 100% commitment to the cause will bring the rewards we desire.
Give it everything today boys, walk off with your heads held high knowing you gave it your all; For yourself, your teammates, your family, your coach. Good luck Collingwood.........Believe in yourselves and enjoy the moment!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back