Grand Final: Swans v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

I am surprised there is no thread yet. I'm guessing everyone is too busy finalising their Brownlow Medal bets.

I reckon Swans will win.

Norm Smith prediction: Parker
Smokey: McGlynn
Big smokey: Langford

I had $110 in bonus bets left over, and I chucked $60, $40 and $10 on them at $10, $21 and $51 respectively.

I couldn't think of a time when he has ever been BOG in any game ever? 500-1 it will be this one.

The Norm Smith has many times come down to a popularity contest than legitimate BOG.

Stevie J over Chappy, Lenny Hayes over Goddard, O'keefe over Hanners etc.

The Norm Smith has many times come down to a popularity contest than legitimate BOG.

Stevie J over Chappy, Lenny Hayes over Goddard, O'keefe over Hanners etc.

Stevie J deserved it. Pendles was very lucky, I thought Sidebottom was clear BOG

Last edited:
Hayes played four immense quarters, Goddard three good ones and one that might be in the top few of all time

Lenny was a clear winner for mine

Now ROK over Hannebery and loljudd over LRT I'll happily agree with

I think swans aswell.

However not underestimating the hawks. Can the Mcveighs, Hanneberrys, Kennedys, Jacks hold up to the ferociousness of Lewis, Burgoynes, Mitchell, Hodge in the middle? Those sydney guys can be vulnerable in the tight contest sometimes and dont have the competitive edge over those hawks.

Hawks really were a 4-5 goal better side than port last week IMO and just let them get on a slight role which makes them one of the hardest to stop when they do.

Honestly I like Hawthorn in a close upset, so Hawthorn 1-19 @4.50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree think swans are a better team
But feel we are getting fed the usual
Line from the media .....

Who stops the forwards? It will be won in the middle?

I believe it will be won with the most efficient functioning forward line

Is anyone going to have a shot at either teams under 15.5? I suspect it is going to bea very close game.

Reckon McGlynn is a good chance at the medal as well if he plays well, the judges will love the story. Was hoping he wasn't as short as $16 though.
Seems a lot of people agree with you because I got him at $31 on Sunday. He's a very legitimate chance, even without the story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back