grand final ticket registration question

Remove this Banner Ad

At what stage do you find out where you are sitting...At the time they take out your money or some time after they take out your money. we got into the ballot around 9.15 this morning, does that mean we could end up in the nose bleed section or something better..

At what stage do you find out where you are sitting...At the time they take out your money or some time after they take out your money. we got into the ballot around 9.15 this morning, does that mean we could end up in the nose bleed section or something better..

My understanding is everyone in the ballot is treated equally - that is it does not matter what time you opted in.

The ballot is a random allocation from everyone who registered in that category.

Just a heads up for everyone, just read the terms and conditions. If we win, within 24 hours ticketek will run the ballot and debit the money from nominated credit card, again within that 24hours. There will be no contact if payment is declined, then those tickets get reallocated to next available.
In short make sure there is enough cash for the bastards to take their money.... Even though they don't tell us how much they are going to take, or where the seats are.
This is a load of bullshit.
Just got off the phone with Ticketek. You have until 11am tomoro to make sure there is funds on your card ($400 per ticket) and basically they will debit money without YOU knowing where on earth your sitting. No cash no tick. Robbo?

What a crock of s**t. Last year you were emailed by your club letting you know where you were sitting and the option to go pick up the tickets and pay on collection.
This year its pay to register, pay for the ticket and find out later.

My understanding is everyone in the ballot is treated equally - that is it does not matter what time you opted in.

The ballot is a random allocation from everyone who registered in that category.
l suppose l'll have a better idea of the seating when l check my bank balance...:(

What are the options if we don't get tickets through the ballet?

ManonEDM_4.jpg

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they allocate the tickets on 20th-21st once they know who is in the GF, then Monday morning at 9am you log into your ticketek account and find out if you got tickets/where you're sitting. I'm assuming they'll also send confirmation emails on the Monday.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they allocate the tickets on 20th-21st once they know who is in the GF, then Monday morning at 9am you log into your ticketek account and find out if you got tickets/where you're sitting. I'm assuming they'll also send confirmation emails on the Monday.

l just found out the missus won tickets to a Foxtel Access grand Final function next Thursday . Some of the prizes are tickets for the Grand Final. If we win tickets I'll be selling either my tickets or their tickets on here for face value next friday........Wish me luck :)

Just got off the phone with Ticketek. You have until 11am tomoro to make sure there is funds on your card ($400 per ticket) and basically they will debit money without YOU knowing where on earth your sitting. No cash no tick. Robbo?

What a crock of s**t. Last year you were emailed by your club letting you know where you were sitting and the option to go pick up the tickets and pay on collection.

Last year was the same as this year, there was no email from the club telling you where you were sitting. Ticketek ran the ballot on the weekend once they knew the prelim results and debited bank accounts on the Sunday. On Sunday night/Monday morning they published a list of people successful in the ballot and if you were on the list you had to go to a Ticketek agency from 12 midday Monday and pick up the tickets and that's when you found out where you were sitting. For a brief period on the Sunday the tickets appeared on your ticketek account, if you happenned to log on at that time you could see where your seats were but this was not an advertised feature and they only appeared for a short time, must have just been part of their processing.

Anyway, a handy tip is to check your 'available balance' Saturday night, then on Sunday afternoon keep an eye on your 'available balance' to see if it changes, you can then at least know if you got a ticket and work out which category seat you got before the official results.

does it really matter, as long as they take the money out on Saturday I will be friggen happy. :):):):)

Last year was the same as this year, there was no email from the club telling you where you were sitting. Ticketek ran the ballot on the weekend once they knew the prelim results and debited bank accounts on the Sunday. On Sunday night/Monday morning they published a list of people successful in the ballot and if you were on the list you had to go to a Ticketek agency from 12 midday Monday and pick up the tickets and that's when you found out where you were sitting. For a brief period on the Sunday the tickets appeared on your ticketek account, if you happenned to log on at that time you could see where your seats were but this was not an advertised feature and they only appeared for a short time, must have just been part of their processing.

Anyway, a handy tip is to check your 'available balance' Saturday night, then on Sunday afternoon keep an eye on your 'available balance' to see if it changes, you can then at least know if you got a ticket and work out which category seat you got before the official results.
does it really matter, as long as they take the money out on Saturday I will be friggen happy. :):):):)
Cheers for that. I know I might sound precious being a grand final and some people miss out but Ive got access to AFL reserve seats also so I just dont understand how your unable to view what your paying for is all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eventhough I picked the yeah give me standing room option because I want to be there if the NMFC make it I'd say all Priority 1 Members will get seats. :stern look

They better

With all due respect, go away.

In the unlikely event that North makes the Grand Final I hope every North supporter on here that wants to go and can afford to go is able to get tickets. I don't want the ground being filled up with non-North people.
Thanks for your hospitality.

In. Chose the no standing room option. Living on the edge.

I didn't select this option, and hope I don't get standing room tickets. However, I went to the '99 GF with my then 6-year old with standing room tickets, and had a great day - the view is not ideal, but the atmosphere in the standing room section in the Southern Stand was incredible - only die-hard NM and Carlton fans were there, and everyone got into the spirit of the day, making a lot more noise than the theatregoers with seats in front of us. It certainly has downsides, but it's not the end of the world if that's where you end up. [Sidenote - I only got those standing room tickets by wandering across to the Ticketec office across the road from work on the Wednesday of GF week, and bought them over the counter. I wasn't a member then, and was amazed that we got to go at all...]

Got on board Priority 3 even though I was eligible for Priority 2 earlier today.

FFFUUUU

That's great! I didn't realise I had Priority 2 membership (15 years a member) until yesterday. I set my alarm for 4:00am London time, woke up and registered my barcode.

I can't go if we make it obviously, but my Dad will go with my ticket if we make it. It sounds like he'll get a ticket from that NMFC Twitter update.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back