Mod. Notice Grand Final Tickets - Buy/Swap/Sell (Strictly Swans Supporters Only, READ OP BEFORE POSTING)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

It's one of those extra special moments where the mighty Swans have once again made a Grand Final!!!

This thread is for any ticket requests if you are unlucky in the ballot or weren't able to enter with an barcode.

If you want to request a ticket you must have fulfilled ALL of the below criteria, I will then add you onto the list of posters who require a ticket, If you request an ticket without fulfilling of of the criteria the Mod team will remove your request for an ticket and issue you with an warning.

Our Criteria

1. 200 posts on the Bigfooty Forums including a history of posting on the Swans Board.
2. You must have been a member of the Bigfooty forums for at least 6 months.
3. Members who have missed out on the ballot will be given priority.
4. If you happen to have a spare ticket, what you choose to do with your extra ticket is entirely up to you, but we strongly suggest you follow the list order and/or stick to people that you know on the boards.
5. Tickets must be sold at face value or less. Any posts we spot asking for an unreasonable price (more than, say, 10% over face value) will be deleted and the poster's account given a Serious Infraction.
6. Buyer beware. Neither this site, nor the moderators of this board, can vouch for anyone offering tickets for sale on this board. We are not agents for them, nor will we act as middle men or dispute settlers. The transaction is between you and the vendor.
7. I will not be going to Elsternwick Station on the morning of the Grand Final to recover Grand Final tickets sold to Hawks fans again.

If you're wondering why there are these rules, in 2012 a Hawks fan posed as a Swans fan on these forums, posted pictures of himself wearing Swans memorabilia and managed to get a ticket to the game, eventually the story ended with myself meeting the poster at Elsternwick Station before the game to retrieve the ticket so we could give it to someone more worthy.

If you have a spare barcode/ticket post in this thread and I will add your name to this post.

Members in need of Tickets for themselves:

1. Chaisa x 4 - missed out in ballot
2. MickyG x 2
3. Sketi x 2

Members who have tickets themselves, but looking for others:

1. Kummerspeck (Formally shotties) x 1
2. DST x 2 (would like tickets for his friends)

Members looking to Swap Standing Tickets for Seats, or Swap Seats:

1. Danz4 x 2 (would like to swap two standing room tickets for himself and his dad for any two seats)
2. MaccaKnowsBest (Wants to swap from Q56 Row C to a ground level seat)
3. jono2b x 2 (wants to swap standing room tickets for seats)

Members who have spare or have given Tickets:

Thanks for reading and GO SWANS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not particularly huge on demanding reasons why people aren't members. I know you'd want this to be rigorous, but off the top of my head I know three people who are huge fans but for one reason or another aren't members, and also I can see it turning into people passing comment on how reason X isn't a good enough reason (as has already been seen in the other thread)

That said, premiership club member, so start fighting for my amusement, everyone.

Not particularly huge on demanding reasons why people aren't members. I know you'd want this to be rigorous, but off the top of my head I know three people who are huge fans but for one reason or another aren't members, and also I can see it turning into people passing comment on how reason X isn't a good enough reason (as has already been seen in the other thread)

That said, premiership club member, so start fighting for my amusement, everyone.

We would be looking for reasons like "living overseas" or "WA member but been put in Cat 3". Nothing over the top.

If it gets too judgemental we'll start deleting posts. We don't expect there to be many barcode requests, it would be tickets that would be the major drama in the long run

I am Swans South Australia Supporter member which is only Priority 3 so might not get tickets. As such would love 2 barcodes/tickets for my son and I from priority 1 or 2 that can't make it.

Last edited:
I'd like to use this thread to thank legend166 once again for selling me a ticket to the 2012 GF. It was an incredible experience and one I'll never forget. I'd love to shamelessly beg for a ticket again this year, but will always have that memory and hope lots of new supporters get to experience it as well

I remember the whole hawk fans posing as swans fans in 2012 so can understand why we want to be cautious this year.

I don't have a membership this year (ex SA Interstate member). A few financial priorities popped up during the year which prevented me from renewing. Expensive course fees being right up there. Therefore, I put my hand up to see if I can get my name added to the wish list. Much appreciated.

I remember the whole hawk fans posing as swans fans in 2012 so can understand why we want to be cautious this year.

I don't have a membership this year (ex SA Interstate member). A few financial priorities popped up during the year which prevented me from renewing. Expensive course fees being right up there. Therefore, I put my hand up to see if I can get my name added to the wish list. Much appreciated.

Yeah.... I had to get one of the two tickets off that Hawks fan the morning of the game (Ticket went to Hooleymcboob (member who isn't active any more)).

Will update list now.

Yeah.... I had to get one of the two tickets off that Hawks fan the morning of the game (Ticket went to Hooleymcboob (member who isn't active any more)).

Will update list now.

How did that go down? Took the heavies around with a bat?

How did that go down? Took the heavies around with a bat?

Guy was smaller than me... Which says something cause I am not the largest lad...

Was going to have bedford there with me but the other guy changed the time to meet up at the last minuet...

swansfan51 There may be a chance I won't use the ticket. I'll keep you updated. I have Cat. 2.

I'd really like a ticket if one or two became available. Both my wife and I are WA members and would love to attend. I don't post on this board because quite frankly BF shits me with all the moronic posters from other teams and I don't have time for morons. If you want proof of my memberships I can give them to you. Was a Melbourne member for around 6 years before moving to WA in 2004. Never knew WA memberships existed until just this year when we got Buddy and I thought I'd look at getting another Melbourne membership. Had to plead with the Swans to release more WA memberships because when I applied before the start of the season, there were none left and we were placed on a waiting list. Luckily they released some more.

I could have sworn we got Premiership memberships with the WA membership, but apparently not. I remember wanting to do that but I do not think it was offered? And if it was offered, my wife now has some explaining to do because I'm sure I mentioned to her to get it :)

Anyway, I know I probably don't qualify as much as others that post on here do. But I believe I have as much right to ask as anyone else. So if you do happen to have a spare ticket or two and would like to sell them, please contact me. Then I'll just have to worry about extremely expensive flights :)

I almost pm'd a couple of people through the week about getting to the game. Good for it to be out in the open here.

So, yeah, can this be me putting my hand up for one of these ballots, which I don't really know anything about.. What are the chances of a ticket? How many tickets are in it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am happy to run the cat 3 gauntlet, if only because my dunderhead mate got himself a membership, but not his betterhalf..or his 2 yo daughter. So, of there are any cat 3 barcodes going, please apply.

I'll put my hands up for 1 or 2 extra barcodes if anyone would like to share.

I am a member. I've been a member since 1984. Was born 83 and have attended games since I was in nappies, my Dad bought me a membership even as a baby to help support the club and I've never relinquished it. This is despite me having a double SCG membership meaning I rarely need to use the Swans membership card.

I've also bought my GF a membership this year. In 2012 she didn't have one and someone on here was kind enough to give me a barcode. I then got a few extra through some RL connections and payed it forward - one went to St. Olaf, not sure who the other was.

Anyway - My missus and I are sorted. The extra one is for my best mate (and best man at my upcoming wedding) who moved to Melbourne a few months ago for work. I staretd taking him to games about 5-6 years ago and he's now on board - doesn't even watch League games anymore.

Why isn't he a member? I agree. He's not a member and therefore doesn't get a crack at a GF ticket. That's his fault. In his defense he has always had my spare tickets.

But if there is a spare going (two even for his missus as well) and you'd like to do me a big favour knowing I'm a lifelong fan then I'd be very grateful.

Edit: Proof of membership

2014-09-07073725.jpg

Edit 2: I'm Category 2, so another 1-2 barcodes in that category would be ideal.

Last edited:
Bonz just for clarification as i won't be using my ticket can i give my barcode to one of the people in need and then don't have to worry about any of this or do i still have go and register my details with ticketek on wednesday?

You would just PM the barcode to someone. That's all that is needed for the registration - no names or other details.

Well that's how it was in 2012 anyway.

Bonz just for clarification as i won't be using my ticket can i give my barcode to one of the people in need and then don't have to worry about any of this or do i still have go and register my details with ticketek on wednesday?
My understanding is simply barcode to be provided by PM.

Just provide your barcode to someone via PM so they can book tickets, once you have done so post who you have given your barcode to in this thread and I can cross their name off the list.

Hey guys

I'm a perth based fan, looking for one (or preferably two) barcodes

I've had memberships in the past, but I travel a lot for work so haven't maintained it over the last couple of years.

Haven't had the chance to go to the big game before so, but have my tickets booked to Melbourne already

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks heaps for doing this guys.

2 years ago I wasn't a member but I got a ticket off of these forums from legend166 . It was the best footy game I ever went to.
I have interstate premiership club membership, and I'm going to go if we make it, not sure if that means I'm able to buy more than 1 ticket though.

2 years ago I wasn't a member but I got a ticket off of these forums from legend166 . It was the best footy game I ever went to.
I have interstate premiership club membership, and I'm going to go if we make it, not sure if that means I'm able to buy more than 1 ticket though.

You can only buy one ticket per membership.

Each club gets 17,500 tickets this year, The Swans have approximately 6000-7500 Premiership club members and well over 12,000 Priority two members.

There isn't any way they will allow members to buy more than one ticket, in fact I can't see any priority 3 members getting tickets and quite a few priority 2 members are going to miss out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back